Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

JMC-STL

SPHL Arena Photos

59 posts in this topic

Holy cow Columbus looks tiny!  How many people does that place hold?  About 700?

Awards Earned

Here are a few shots from The Crown Coliseum ... Home to the Antz of course!

post-28-0-04584100-1389569688_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-55277100-1389569700_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-20829500-1389569710_thumb.jpg

Awards Earned

Holy cow Columbus looks tiny!  How many people does that place hold?  About 700?

The CCC website claims more than 10 times that (7,459).  The ice surface must be significantly smaller than 200' x 85', so I guess they could squeeze more seats in.  The upper tier is quite large, but they do lose capacity because the stage end lacks seats.  Overall, though, it's a pretty good facility for watching a hockey game.

Awards Earned

Here are a few shots from The Crown Coliseum ... Home to the Antz of course!

Thanks for adding, WLTG!  That's a nice looking sports facility.  The upper tier reminds me of the Peoria Civic Center's Carver Arena - very college basketball arena-looking - but the lower tier has a lot more seating than Carver.

Awards Earned

My wife & I (or a couple of times just me) have taken road trips to nearly 2 dozen minor-league hockey venues over the last 3 seasons.  I've been snapping digital photos of the interior spaces - and an occasional exterior shot - of most of these arenas as something to help us remember our visits.  See below a link to some photos of each of the five current SPHL arenas that we've visited so far.

•  Columbus Civic Center (Columbus Cottonmouths)

•  Knoxville Coliseum (Knoxville Ice Bears)

•  Landers Center (Mississippi RiverKings)

•  Peoria Civic Center-Carver Arena (Peoria Rivermen)

•  U.S. Cellular Coliseum (Bloomington Thunder)

Please feel free to add your own arena photos to this thread, either as links like I did or as embedded images.  I'd be interested in seeing those rinks I haven't been able to visit.  Who knows, I might just be inspired to schedule another road trip (or five).

You are also welcome to poke around the remaining photo sets in my Flickr collection for pictures of other arenas in other leagues.  I hope you enjoy.

With Bloomington having moved on to Tier 1 Juniors hockey, I needed to add another SPHL arena to my visit list & photo collection.  So here 'tis ...

That's a very impressive & fan-friendly facility y'all have down there in Havoc Land.  Cherish it.

Awards Earned

The Cajundome is undergoing major renovations after the 15-16 season, including new lower bowl seats. You may have to make two trips and get before and after pics.

Hey... any reason to travel to Lafayette is a good one!

Awards Earned

The Cajundome is undergoing major renovations after the 15-16 season, including new lower bowl seats. You may have to make two trips and get before and after pics.

Hey... any reason to travel to Lafayette is a good one!

I'll give y'all 'til 2016-17 to spruce the place up AND to convince the League to award franchises to Shreveport & Little Rock.  Then I'd have a proper SPHL loop trip itinerary to build on.  "Have Point-n-Shoot, Will Travel" ...

Awards Earned

I'll give y'all 'til 2016-17 to spruce the place up AND to convince the League to award franchises to Shreveport & Little Rock.  Then I'd have a proper SPHL loop trip itinerary to build on.  "Have Point-n-Shoot, Will Travel" ...

Yeah... I'd love to get at least a team in Shreveport.  Hey, we can hope, right?

Awards Earned

With Bloomington having moved on to Tier 1 Juniors hockey, I needed to add another SPHL arena to my visit list & photo collection.  So here 'tis ...

That's a very impressive & fan-friendly facility y'all have down there in Havoc Land.  Cherish it.

I love the VBC as a whole by I hate the upper seating. What I really like is the large bar area, the food there is pretty good too.

Remember when you walked from the bar area directly into the end of the seating area, JMC? There's seating right there at the rail, two seats with a small table between them. Those people have it made, they actually have wait service during the game and you can run a tab. There's a large bucket of popcorn sitting on their table when they arrive also. Nothing anything near that here in PCola.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

Yeah, whatever happened to the MudBugs deal?

Awards Earned

Yeah, whatever happened to the MudBugs deal?

The couple who joined us on our Huntsville-Southaven road trip are from Shreveport & are former Mudbugs boosters.  They told us that the Bugs' team owners, Tommy & Leslie Scott, are still holding tight to their rights for the team name, and won't let go without recouping their original losses.  Our friends have concluded that without the "Mudbugs" name, their fellow S-B hockey fans would be lukewarm to any league trying to place a team there.  They added that the large size of the CenturyLink Center (14,000 seats) was more conducive to an ECHL entry than it was for the SPHL, but I'd argue that it's just a matter of a cooperative business arrangement to make something happen in either league.  So short of divine intervention (with or without a catastrophic occurrence) involving a certain Louisiana couple, the future of pro hockey in Shreveport-Bossier doesn't look bright to me.

Awards Earned

It is a long drive but you should come to Fayetteville....the arena isn't as nice as Bloomington, but its a good place to play. Much nicer that Augusta. I had the opportunity to go to an away game there last season, Antz played good and won 3-2 but the arena was awful, looked like it was one hard storm away from falling down....Yes the outside looked nice/decent but the walls on the inside looked god awful. 

I looked at your picks of the arenas, I really like Bloomington's and Peoria's....hoping to go there this season and maybe next year I can hit only of the others, maybe COL....

You could hit Fayetteville for a game then have a week at the beach around Myrtle Beach area

Awards Earned

Wish someone on the Antz side would upload some pics from our Arena. :eyes:

Awards Earned

My wife & I (or a couple of times just me) have taken road trips to nearly 2 dozen minor-league hockey venues over the last 3 seasons.  I've been snapping digital photos of the interior spaces - and an occasional exterior shot - of most of these arenas as something to help us remember our visits.  See below a link to some photos of each of the five current SPHL arenas that we've visited so far.

•  Columbus Civic Center (Columbus Cottonmouths)

•  Knoxville Coliseum (Knoxville Ice Bears)

•  Landers Center (Mississippi RiverKings)

•  Peoria Civic Center-Carver Arena (Peoria Rivermen)

•  U.S. Cellular Coliseum (Bloomington Thunder)

Please feel free to add your own arena photos to this thread, either as links like I did or as embedded images.  I'd be interested in seeing those rinks I haven't been able to visit.  Who knows, I might just be inspired to schedule another road trip (or five).

You are also welcome to poke around the remaining photo sets in my Flickr collection for pictures of other arenas in other leagues.  I hope you enjoy.

Cool project!  Macon Coliseum is showing its age, but glad to have hockey back.  Will try to add some pics

Dang! I was hoping that was the new arena they're talking about building in Knoxville.

Awards Earned

A couple of months ago, I added a link to my Flickr collection of photos from several visits to the Ford Center in Evansville (next season's home of the Thunderbolts) to my original Sphl Arena Photos post at top of this thread.

This evening, I added photos from my most recent visit to Peoria's Carver Arena when the Cottonmouths were in town for the final weekend of the 2015-16 regular season.  The link to those photos is also included in my original post.

Again, feel free to add to this thread with images or links to your own collections of photos of your favorite SPHL arenas.

Awards Earned

A couple of months ago, I added a link to my Flickr collection of photos from several visits to the Ford Center in Evansville (next season's home of the Thunderbolts) to my original Sphl Arena Photos post at top of this thread.

This evening, I added photos from my most recent visit to Peoria's Carver Arena when the Cottonmouths were in town for the final weekend of the 2015-16 regular season. The link to those photos is also included in my original post.

Again, feel free to add to this thread with images or links to your own collections of photos of your favorite SPHL arenas.

When the Cajundome starts and finishes renovations,then I will get pictures,if we play hockey next season,there talk of the gators not playing next season at home until January or not playing at all due to the renovations,but we should know more in the summer

• Like 1

Awards Earned

Bumping this Topic as the new season ramps up.

Any members visiting other teams' barns - or snapping photos in your own - are encouraged to post their images of the facilities in this thread.  We can't all make it to every arena (though some of us are still trying), so this is a good place to share your experiences with fellow SPHL Forums members.  I hope to be adding photos from a visit to Roanoke's Berglund Center later this season.  Thanks to all for playing along!

Awards Earned

I was in Evansville for their first SPHL game last weekend and took this shot from the press box.

l5Rk3Lw.jpg

• Like 2

Awards Earned

Here is a picture of the Berglund Center in Roanoke during a Dawgs game..  Then a picture of their new scoreboard from our news channel.

dfe449f7-afe7-4ebf-904a-9ce2e0ce9512-large16x9_14796023_10155335442463222_1265099695_o.jpg

images.jpg

• Like 1

Awards Earned