Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
AfghanPiehole

First Responder's Night On March 15 But Who's The Correct Opposing Team?

21 posts in this topic

IMG 0163

One would think that someone would proofread stuff before going to print.  Marketing 101......The schedule says we play the Mississippi Riverkings on March 14, 15 and 16.  How could this happen?  I know there's seven possible opponents to choose from but it can't be that difficult to get it right.

Awards Earned

I'm going to guess we are going to play a team that will be going to the playoff's.... that should narrow it down to 6 teams.... 

In other words we wont be officially playing with our self's or against the Havoc..... 

Awards Earned

It looks like some little kids designed this so-called promotional flyer.  I'm wondering what exactly are $5 anywhere tickets.  Does it mean you can get tickets anywhere for $5, are all seats $5, or can you walk up and get tickets at the box office for $5?....It's no wonder why we are 5th in SPHL attendance.   Imagine if the front office would actually pay someone a decent salary to come in and actually market the team + someone else to concentrate on ticket sales.  Just think, attendance would actually increase.

• Like 2

Awards Earned

This is just an example of the crack front office staff the Antz have. Imagine what they could do if the GM actually paid for someone trained in marketing do the job. Not just someone they could get on the cheap. Like everything you get what you pay for. So cheap pay gets you cheap work. I wonder if the GM had the booster club come up with the flyer lol. The Antz have taken to using fan pictures on their promos used on Facebook so it wouldn't surprise me. Anything to save a buck between jersey auctions.

Edited by ahousedivided
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

This is just an example of the crack front office staff the Antz have. Imagine what they could do if the GM actually paid for someone trained in marketing do the job. Not just someone they could get on the cheap. Like everything you get what you pay for. So cheap pay gets you cheap work. I wonder if the GM had the booster club come up with the flyer lol. The Antz have taken to using fan pictures on their promos used on Facebook so it wouldn't surprise me. Anything to save a buck between jersey auctions.

So very true!!!

Awards Earned

I'm going to guess we are going to play a team that will be going to the playoff's.... that should narrow it down to 6 teams.... 

In other words we wont be officially playing with our self's or against the Havoc..... 

That could be dangerous or make you go blind.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

Does it really matter what team is listed on the flyer? Most people will see the $5 any seat that will catch their attention. Only the true dedicated fans will know who the Antz are playing before arriving to the game. All others will figure it out during the game when the girls hand out the game sheets or by looking at the score board.

Edited by 72Vette
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Does it really matter what team is listed on the flyer? Most people will see the $5 any seat that will catch their attention. Only the true dedicated fans will know who the Antz are playing before arriving to the game. All others will figure it out during the game when the girls hand out the game sheets or by looking at the score board.

It does matter because it shows a complete lack of attention to detail by the front office for not proofreading the flyer and advertising the wrong opponent.  Also, it looks like some kids designed the flyer.  There's not even a FireAntz logo or anything hockey related on the flyer.  It would help if they had real marketing people with experience but,  ah, forget about it.  

• Like 2

Awards Earned

My Mama always told us" If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right"

Awards Earned

It does matter because it shows a complete lack of attention to detail by the front office for not proofreading the flyer and advertising the wrong opponent.  Also, it looks like some kids designed the flyer.  There's not even a FireAntz logo or anything hockey related on the flyer.  It would help if they had real marketing people with experience but,  ah, forget about it.

I'm just picking on you! Who knows who made the flyer and I guess someone should have reviewed it before printing.

Awards Earned

I'm just picking on you! Who knows who made the flyer and I guess someone should have reviewed it before printing.

That's true.  You got me all spun up. Ugh!  

Awards Earned

That's true.  You got me all spun up. Ugh!

✌️

Awards Earned

I wonder if the GM had the booster club come up with the flyer lol. 

Please give the booster club a break.  We are working our butts off to assist the players.  As for the graphics, the booster club did not do it.  Here are some that the booster club (aka me) did do the past few years.  I thought I did a pretty okay job.  Yes, your comment made my butt hurt.  :(

antz

Edited by mbtjones
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Please give the booster club a break.  We are working our butts off to assist the players.  As for the graphics, the booster club did not do it.  Here are some that the booster club (aka me) did do the past few years.  I thought I did a pretty okay job.  Yes, your comment made my butt hurt.  :(

Keep up with the good work! I appreciate what you do for the Team. Some people on this Forum just runs off at the mouth about anything without knowing the facts.

Awards Earned

I wasn't taking a shot at the BC. More like a shot at the GM who won't pay for the proper job. He would rather barter or use other people's stuff to advertise instead of spending anything on trying to get butts in seats. So it wasn't a slam on the BC. Trust me (former BC member) I know yall would have the right team on the flyer at least.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

I wasn't taking a shot at the BC. More like a shot at the GM who won't pay for the proper job. He would rather barter or use other people's stuff to advertise instead of spending anything on trying to get butts in seats. So it wasn't a slam on the BC. Trust me (former BC member) I know yall would have the right team on the flyer at least.

It's all good.  Trust me, I understand.  I could go on and on about why I no longer produce their stuff (for free)...but I best not.  :)  

• Like 1

Awards Earned

It's all good.  Trust me, I understand.  I could go on and on about why I no longer produce their stuff (for free)...but I best not.   :)

Free must not have been cheap enough?

• Like 1

Awards Earned