Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
AfghanPiehole

Ice Chips: Murdock's Call-Up A Blow To Fireantz's Playoff Hopes

50 posts in this topic

The new kid #26 Mimanas may be worth keeping as well, he has looked pretty good so far... No way would I keep (not # 7) Baird, he looks timid and lost ...  

Awards Earned

The new kid #26 Mimanas may be worth keeping as well, he has looked pretty good so far... No way would I keep (not # 7) Baird, he looks timid and lost ...

Not trying to over correct lol....Nimanis?

Awards Earned

#1 (autocorrect) - keep Safar and Sheldrake, bring in 4 new upgraded dmen.

I would agree but, Safar maybe gone next year playing in the ECHL. May want to keep Mike Kavanagh, he has 26 points(+3)and that's pretty good for a D-man. After thinking about it, we could have the same problem with our D as we do on offense, The lack play calling. Maybe it's not the guys?????

Awards Earned

If that is the case, he can only play in the ECHL and Europe with the Antz owning the rights.

Just sayin he won't play for Oli again.  Bridge has been burnt and not by Murdock

#1 (autocorrect) - keep Safar and Sheldrake, bring in 4 new upgraded dmen.

I also wonder whether Sheldrake would return.  Usually suspended players get paid but the Antz sent him home without pay after his suspension

Awards Earned

I agree with a new defense, but as far as forwards, need to check stats on players, some of them did absolutely nothing this year, keeping 90 percent of them would not be a good idea.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

I agree with a new defense, but as far as forwards, need to check stats on players, some of them did absolutely nothing this year, keeping 90 percent of them would not be a good idea.

Considering we had a few rookie forwards that did good their 1st year. I would consider letting Hohmann, Cameron and McNeil go.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

I went ahead and saved you the trouble of looking. Here is the current Antz roster (forwards) stats......Name, Games played, Goals, assists, Pts

***CURRENTLY THROUGH MARCH 9, 2015......

Name                        Games Played                  Goals              assists          Pts.

John Clewlow -                    42                               11                    19                30

Randy Cameron -                 48                                 9                    11                20

Matt Robertson -                  34                               18                    17                35

Totals            -                  43                               18                    20                38

Derek Elliott     -                    48                               12                    16                28

Corey Tamblyn -                   34                               11                    16                27

*Brad Drobot -                        26                                2                      2                  4

Austin Daae  -                       48                                12                    14               26

Josh McQuade -                   15                                10                      6               16

Trever Hertz -                         48                               16                     14               30

Kyle McNeil -                         48                                 8                      12               20

Chad Hohmann -                  36                                  1                       9               10

Totals         -                    43                                  1                       9               10

Peter LaFosse -                       4                                  0                       0                0

*Darcy Vaillancourt -               8                                  2                       2                4

(*Vaillancourt) Left to play in Europe because he thought his game was more suitable there.

(*Drobot) Season Ending IR

P.S. Like I said this is only forwards. If you want stats on Dmen, keep reading.

Current Dmen stats.......

Name                             Games Played                           Goals                 assists          Pts

Mike Kavanagh -                    46                                         3                          23                26

Jan Safar -                               48                                         4                         25                29

Tim Recio -                              29                                         1                           2                  3

Kristaps Nimanis -                  13                                         1                           2                  3

*Tyler Sheldrake -                    32                                        1                           1                  2

Mike Montrose -                      47                                         0                           2                 2

Mike Braid -                               4                                         0                           1                 1

Eric David -                                1                                         0                           0                 0

(*Sheldrake) - Season Suspension.

Hell I did all this, might as well put the Goalies, lol.

Name                             W               L            OTL     SO       GA       GAA        SV          SV%

Andrew Flemming -      1                1               0         0          7          3.54        75           .915

Totals      -                 4                9               1          1        51         3.32       457          .900

*Nick Horrigan   -          0                1               0          0          4         4.00         36           .900

Called Up

Kevin Murdock -          14               8               5          1        68         2.54       1002        .936

Sean Bonar -                  2               1               0           0         7         1.98          133       .950

(*Nick Horrigan) - Scratched.......read he got in a car wreck when entering Fayetteville. Other than that I don't  know why he is scratched.

Edited by ANTZNATION
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Hertz, Elliot, Daae and Robertson stay for next year I say (as long as they don't find other teams to go to) and dump the rest.  As a side note, why hasn't the team gotten a sponsorship with Hertz rent a car and use Trever as the team spokesman?  Lost opportunity there.

Edited by Yzerman19
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Hertz, Elliot, Daae and Robertson stay for next year I say (as long as they don't find other teams to go to) and dump the rest. As a side note, why hasn't the team gotten a sponsorship with Hertz rant a car and use Trever as the team spokesman? Lost opportunity there.

You need to add McQuade and Clewlow to that list otherwise you don't know talent.....

Edited by ANTZNATION
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Tamblyn's speed and drive has given us 27 points in 34 games....  if he plays another year, he told me at the beginning of the season he was not but who knows...

Awards Earned

Well, after reading the last few posts, looks like keeping 90% of the forwards to me.

Awards Earned

Sean Bonar has been waived by the ECHL.

Awards Earned

I agree with vette those three gotta go

Awards Earned

Just getting tired of all the excuses in the paper, "proud of the boys with 10 signed players hurt, called up, or suspended". Every other team deals with this all year long. Acting like were the only ones. A few of the suspensions are absolutly stupid ones, IE Sheldrake and McQuade. Example of a player showing frustration and acting on behalf of themselves and not putting the team first. Why would they, the coach hasn't. he is more worried about yelling at the refs. And standing with his hands in his pockets cause it looks cool. As someone stated before there are player grumblings about lack of work in practices. Not working on problem areas and doing the same drills in practice every day without concentrating on specific areas of concern like d zone. Lack of dicipline as well. Players under perform and there are no consenquences. Players at any level need to be held accountable for their play and need a coach to lead them especially at this level. So Called star players get away with taking short cuts without any consequences. Players are smart and see the double standard. But, it could be that Oly just doesn't know better. A few of the guys said they aren't coming back at all if things stay the same. Its too bad because you can have a team that isn't good but will have confidence that they can dig down deeper if they try and good things can happen but these guy don't feel they have that. Some of these guys are really disheartened from this year. Went to camp with a confident almost cocky coach and now are concerned because he makes as many excuses about being a rookie coach and deflects the reasons for losses on to reffing and call ups etc. the players see right through this. they are lost. i just see the same issues from day 1 in day 140. Only one place to look there. This Core has proved they can win. They did with desi and they did for a while last year. But This team has been in the bottom 3 since opening night. Rookies aren't an excuse, hell they are usually most of your better players, fresher, faster and don't know better and aren't wore down from the minor league lifestyle. If your not winning and things aren't working you make changes to personnel and systems. This has not happened at all this year, or atleast not to the extent it needed to.

• Like 2

Awards Earned

A couple of thoughts:

1. I have to agree with Junebug on the Murdock situation...I think Oli has burned that bridge.

2. Also, I would be surprised if you see Sheldrake back with the Antz next season.

3. There is NO reason to bring back a bunch of the same players next year with the same coach only to get very similar results....mediocrity. If you ask me, Recio and Kavanaugh are the only 2 d-men I would bring back. As for forwards, I say Elliott, McQuade, Hertz and Tamblyn if he plays again next season....that's it.

Awards Earned

A couple of thoughts:

1. I have to agree with Junebug on the Murdock situation...I think Oli has burned that bridge.

2. Also, I would be surprised if you see Sheldrake back with the Antz next season.

3. There is NO reason to bring back a bunch of the same players next year with the same coach only to get very similar results....mediocrity. If you ask me, Recio and Kavanaugh are the only 2 d-men I would bring back. As for forwards, I say Elliott, McQuade, Hertz and Tamblyn if he plays again next season....that's it.

You'd let go Jan Safar?

• Like 1

Awards Earned

Southern fried, you hit the nail on the head, i fully agree

Awards Earned

You'd let go Jan Safar?

Safar will be in the ECHL next season.

Awards Earned

Oly was sitting in the section to my right during warm ups at last Thursdays game with the Snakes. I'm not familiar with his normal demeanor but the guy just seemed very unenthused and sat there and fiddled with the piece of paper in his hand. I don't normally watch the coach of the opposing team during a game but did so this time. No emotion showing and no direction being given to the players during the game. The only time he got excited was during the deal with McQuade, McNeil and Aide which got him a bench minor for verbal abuse of an official. Maybe he's just not cut out for the gig. A year or two as an assistant coach would help him if he really has the skill set to coach.

Oly was sitting in the section to my right during warm ups at last Thursdays game with the Snakes. I'm not familiar with his normal demeanor but the guy just seemed very unenthused and sat there and fiddled with the piece of paper in his hand. I don't normally watch the coach of the opposing team during a game but did so this time. No emotion showing and no direction being given to the players during the game. The only time he got excited was during the deal with McQuade, McNeil and Aide which got him a bench minor for verbal abuse of an official. Maybe he's just not cut out for the gig. A year or two as an assistant coach would help him if he really has the skill set to coach.

Exactly what I've been saying for quite awhile now

Awards Earned

I know people are saying that the bridges have been burned with Oli but, Murdock got hammered the other night in a game. They scored 8 goals on Murdock. If they decide to waive him, where does he go? Trade bait?

Awards Earned

Only faced 26 shots I believe it was. Maybe he wasn't warmed up yet he was used to that many about 2 minutes into the 2nd period when he was here. 

Awards Earned

Only faced 26 shots I believe it was. Maybe he wasn't warmed up yet he was used to that many about 2 minutes into the 2nd period when he was here.

In that league, that won't cut it! He should have been drilled by his own players during warm ups since he was the starting goalie.:0 Edited by 72Vette

Awards Earned

Well he hasn't played in like 2 weeks so im sure he was rusty. And at least he didnt give one up from the red line like Pavlic did for Winipeg the other night who hadn't played in 3 weeks. Either way he won't be back this year

Edited by ahousedivided

Awards Earned

I know people are saying that the bridges have been burned with Oli but, Murdock got hammered the other night in a game. They scored 8 goals on Murdock. If they decide to waive him, where does he go? Trade bait?

Just looked at Fort Wayne's roster they have 4 goalies on their current roster and Murdock is one of them. as for Bonar he is currently on the Cincinnati Cyclones roster as mentioned earlier.

Awards Earned