Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Marksmen3519

Tamblyn's Rights Traded

60 posts in this topic

Louisiana announced today that they made a trade with Fayetteville. Corey Tamblyn's rights were sent to the Gators for defensemen Brad Bourke.

http://fiveforchomping.weebly.com/news/icegators-week-in-review-week-1

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

Awards Earned

I'm glad to see he is working on fielding a winning team......but its only been 1 game......do to much changing and it might cost us games. Just saying....

• Like 1

Awards Earned

This trade will bring us up to 7 D-men where we need to be. We should see some cuts soon in the forward position. Changes early is much better than later in the season.

Will Robertson be next or has he retired?

• Like 1

Awards Earned

This trade will bring us up to 7 D-men where we need to be. We should see some cuts soon in the forward position. Changes early is much better than later in the season.

Will Robertson be next or has he retired?

Got 20 guys, need to cut 2......I wonder who will be gone.....Frischmon still has 2 games left. He hasn't shown me much.

Awards Earned

I'm not too sure about this trade but I'm not the coach.  From the outside, it doesn't look very good but if Tamblyn isn't going to play here or want to play here and Bes can get someone who can help the FireAntz, it's worth it......Why is it that players don't want to play for Fayetteville?  

Awards Earned

I'm not too sure about this trade but I'm not the coach.  From the outside, it doesn't look very good but if Tamblyn isn't going to play here or want to play here and Bes can get someone who can help the FireAntz, it's worth it......Why is it that players don't want to play for Fayetteville?  

I can't open the link, is there something in the article that says Tamblyn didn't want to be in FVille? 

Awards Earned

Tamblyn was not going to come back this season so Bes was trying to get something for him. Olauson soured the taste of a lot of players last season...

• Like 1

Awards Earned

I can't open the link, is there something in the article that says Tamblyn didn't want to be in FVille?

Its not an article about the trade......its just a link to the "five for chomping" FB page......a LOU page that writes a weekly article of things happening around the SPHL......and about half way through it, it mentions that LOU and Fay traded Tamblyn's rights for Bourke.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

Awards Earned

Not quite sure Olauson can be blamed for guys not wanting to play there this year

He absolutely can....once players get a bad taste in their mouth about a team/city, etc, they can certainly just give up and make up their mind they aren't going back regardless of any coaching change.

• Like 4

Awards Earned

During the off season, someone mentioned that Corey Tamblyn played for Coach Bes during the MS Surge days and did not like Coach. It had nothing to do with Fayetteville or Oly.

• Like 2

Awards Earned

Got 20 guys, need to cut 2......I wonder who will be gone.....Frischmon still has 2 games left. He hasn't shown me much.

It will be (2) forwards that go. We'll see after the 3 gamer is up. That's why Austin Daae was sitting in the crowd during the 1st game so coach can evaluate the 2 (Frischmon, ?).

Awards Earned

It will be (2) forwards that go. We'll see after the 3 gamer is up. That's why Austin Daae was sitting in the crowd during the 1st game so coach can evaluate the 2 (Frischmon, ?).

So coach is gonna keep 7 dmen? Will he have a dman play forward?

Awards Earned

So coach is gonna keep 7 dmen? Will he have a dman play forward?

It's hard to tell. Depends on Coached scheme and how he wants the team set up. There could be a D-man he wants to cut. If so, my guess would be Carriveau. He was one of our weaker D-men last year and he was the reason Huntsville scored on us the 1st game.

Awards Earned

Bourke is listed on the pre-game roster...

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/pregamenotes.html?gameid=2724827

Everyone is listed. 2 of those will have to sit out the game. I'm sure Bourke will play to evaluate him and maybe sit Carriveau. Not sure who the forward will be?

Awards Earned

Bourke is listed on the pre-game roster...

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/pregamenotes.html?gameid=2724827

Everyone is listed. 2 of those will have to sit out the game. I'm sure Bourke will play to evaluate him and maybe sit Carriveau. Not sure who the forward will be?

I'm sure Lazorko will play too.

Awards Earned

I'm sure Lazorko will play too.

No question on that. I was talking about the guys who are battling for the last 2 spots on the team.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

OMG you mean to tell me Coach is making moves, how dare he do his job...... we have only been wanting change for a few years now... now lets give it some time and see how it all works out..

• Like 2

Awards Earned

They will keep 7 D. Most if not all of the teams go with 11 Offense 7 Defense and 2 goalies. This allows for injuries during game, a lil more break between shifts, or just changing things up. I don't think you would see a team go with just 6 Defensemen unless you have a forward that can also play D. No team at this level rolls 4 lines on offense.

Awards Earned

They will keep 7 D. Most if not all of the teams go with 11 Offense 7 Defense and 2 goalies. This allows for injuries during game, a lil more break between shifts, or just changing things up. I don't think you would see a team go with just 6 Defensemen unless you have a forward that can also play D. No team at this level rolls 4 lines on offense.

Actually teams more often go with 6 dmen, 10 forwards and 2 goalies.  Teams can only carry 18 players.

• Like 2

Awards Earned

Alright. Another quirky thing about the SP. But I guess that keeps cost down not paying for 20 players. I do wonder though when a team has players on 3-gamers does their pay count against the $5600 a week cap?

Awards Earned