Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Carlos Danger

Announcers

22 posts in this topic

With everyone carving the guys in Macon and Fayetteville (and Huntsville at the beginning of the season...is it better now there?) and the KIB welcoming Atnip back, who do you guys think are among the BEST announcers in the league, both webcast and in-arena PA guys?

Edited by Carlos Danger

Awards Earned

I'd have to say for play by play, it's Mike Vee for Columbus.  He calls a great game and really gets into it.

• Like 2

Awards Earned

Pie he is a good announcer but a really big homer. Any penalty called on the Snakes is a bad call and any penalty called on the opposing team is just shy of attempted murder.

Edited by ahousedivided
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Pie he is a good announcer but a really big homer. Any penalty called on the Snakes is a bad call and any penalty called on the opposing team is just shy of attempted murder.

That's true but it's what makes it so much fun listening to him.

Awards Earned

The guy from the Ice Gators has to be the worst !  Even Homer Simpson calls him a Homer ! :disobedient:

Edited by HANNIBAL

Okay, the question was who's the best.

In recent memory, I think most would agree on Vee and Atnip. And, hearing those two together was a treat.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

Okay, the question was who's the best.

In recent memory, I think most would agree on Vee and Atnip. And, hearing those two together was a treat.

I remember the Ice Bears first season they had a radio guy doing there he did a really good job

Awards Earned

You guys gotta listen to more Macon broadcasts then

i heard Macon's guy is pretty good but i've never listened to him call a game...maybe next weekend i'll sit closer to him 

Edited by primetime
  • Like 2

Awards Earned

David Schmoll does an excellent job for the RiverKings radio. The Landers Center public address system is damaged rendering the PA announcer basically unintelligible.

Edited by tmwrk7
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

i heard Macon's guy is pretty good but i've never listened to him call a game...maybe next weekend i'll sit closer to him 

Maybe even buy him a beer.  :drunk:

Awards Earned

Paul (chester) chestnut from pensacola is pretty good be doin are hockey for most of are 20 year history reason I say that is cuz like the last three seasons of the pilots he wasn't there cuz he quit cuz of the ownership

Edited by ljl21
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

Paul chestnut are you kidding the worst. You must be a homer like he is. Have you heard him try to speak English omg. The worst and some of his comments of the visiting players is pathetic. I'm so glad someone started this thread. This guy needs to go. Can't stand listening to him. I turn volume off when I'm watching my team in Pensacola. Fire that guy.

Paul chestnut are you kidding the worst. You must be a homer like he is. Have you heard him try to speak English omg. The worst and some of his comments of the visiting players is pathetic. I'm so glad someone started this thread. This guy needs to go. Can't stand listening to him. I turn volume off when I'm watching my team in Pensacola. Fire that guy.

You must need medication if you dislike Chester that much. :whistle:

You probably never set thru a game of listening to Bucky or

Geoff in their solo act. Jeez the make the Fayetteville show

sound acceptable. In my three years of listening to his broadcast

I havent once heard him be derogatory of an opposing team player.

If you mute Paul's broadcast you must also mute the broadcast

from Fayetteville, Huntsville, Macon, and Columbus. I would

have added Louisiana to the list but there has been marked

improvement in their games this season. But for sure, the

ANTZ broadcast is rock bottom.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

He's paid by the team to be the team's advocate.

I love Mikey Vee too. 

and of course that Dana guy in CBUS

Awards Earned

Tha

s that's his Pittsburgh accent my friend and in my opinion all the announcers talk bad bout the opposing team but also in my opinion chester dosnet do this he calls a stright game. And your my friend must have never listen to a nhl or higher level hockey broadcast cuz you supposed to be into the game and talk fast js lol. Out of all the announcers in the lg Columbus is,the only one I like besides chesster

Awards Earned

You call yourself a flyer fan you must be new to pensacola hockey lol

Awards Earned

You must need medication if you dislike Chester that much. :whistle:

You probably never set thru a game of listening to Bucky or

Geoff in their solo act. Jeez the make the Fayetteville show

sound acceptable. In my three years of listening to his broadcast

I havent once heard him be derogatory of an opposing team player.

If you mute Paul's broadcast you must also mute the broadcast

from Fayetteville, Huntsville, Macon, and Columbus. I would

have added Louisiana to the list but there has been marked

improvement in their games this season. But for sure, the

ANTZ broadcast is rock bottom.

I'm a FireAntz fan and 100% agree that our broadcast is rock bottom.  Our PA announcer is rock bottom too.

Awards Earned

I'm a FireAntz fan and 100% agree that our broadcast is rock bottom.  Our PA announcer is rock bottom too.

When he said 2 minutes for fighting and we're now skating 4 on 4 I lost all hope or when he said Rivermen penalty to Brandon Blair whose on the IceFlyers
  • Like 1

Awards Earned

I live hockey my friend. I know more about hockey in my little pinky than you will ever know!!! This guy is a joke sounds like a baby when he speaks. And yes I get it he's homer but to that extent??? Yes even in the NHL home anouncers don't go to his childish level. The guy has I very low IQ on hockey he uses baseball to describe hockey. Get rid of him.

Edited by Peteelovesvettes