Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
SchuylerNewell

Round Two

19 posts in this topic

It's a question of who wants it more. These best out of 3's puts all players on edge and the chances for mistakes are multiplied.

Every shift needs to count!

• Like 1

Fernandez and Martin gave Peoria that game........

Edited by 10Antz18Life33
  • Like 2

Awards Earned

Was a back and forth game all the way..Antz hustled and worked hard just out of sync, can't blame it all on refs, we had our PP chances as well and couldn't hardly keep it in the zone.. Going to be hard to take two in a row on the road but this team can do it if they pull together. Believe Parker may go game 2 again and then maybe Bonar if it goes 3. . 

Awards Earned

There were obvious calls on Peoria that weren't called.....tripping two different times....slashing was another....quite a few of our penalties were called for retaliation of what Peoria wasn't being called for. Maybe like when Manno retaliated by cross checking Bremner in the head....so yea I'm blaming the refs for 95% of why the Antz lost.....and even though Manno looked ok....he got tripped in the rivermen zone.....since no penalty was called he ended up taking a puck to the head.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33
  • Like 2

Awards Earned

Anyone wanna take bets that we will see Martin and Fernandez AGAIN on Friday in Peoria?

Anyone wanna take beats that if or when we do, we lose the series 2-0??

• Like 1

Awards Earned

Why would you start Bonar if Parker starts game 2 and wins? That makes no sense. And it doesn't matter if the Refs aren't making the calls the team still have to find a way to put the puck into the net.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

As much as I hate Martin and Fernandez, they were not the reason the Antz lost. The Antz lost because Peoria cashed in on 1 of their scoring chances and the Antz hit the crossbar on similar chances. It was definitely a playoff type game with both teams trapping the middle of the ice and clogging up skating lanes....tough loss but I am not counting this Antz team out. They have the talent to win 2 games in Peoria. A couple of inches was the difference last night as the Antz seemed to find the crossbar instead of the back of the net.

Awards Earned

10Antz...I will take that bet.

Antz will win with or without those refs. More discipline is all that it will take.

Have faith my friend.

• Like 1

This loss had zero to do with officiating and more to do with a lack of offense, especially only mustering 19 shots on goal including a paltry 3 in the 3rd period.  Peoria is a very smart team and played a great game.  We also played a great game but in the end, Peoria was 1 goal better.

• Like 1

Awards Earned

AP,

Don't go by SOG for the Antz. The person pushing that button fell a sleep. I counted at least 8 shots that didn't get recorded. One shot for the Rivermen bounced off the backboards and Rank gloved it counted as a SOG.

Awards Earned

imo

McQuade wasn't up to his game, like he was going 3/4 speed he was off his game. I agree SOG were off, and did they forget to pay the light bill the last two games had a 4 minute delay. smdh

imo

McQuade wasn't up to his game, like he was going 3/4 speed he was off his game. I agree SOG were off, and did they forget to pay the light bill the last two games had a 4 minute delay. smdh

McQuade has been at 1/2 speed most of the season. He is lazy and doesn't put forth much effort out there...he gets away with it because his skill makes up for some of his laziness.

Gibbons and McQuade need to step up and score some goals if we have a chance. They have been invisible so far in the playoffs. Manno has been a ONE man show in my opinion with his skating and hustle and hitting.

• Like 2

Awards Earned

imo

We were talking about the light situation on Wed night.  Back to back games with lighting problems....HHmmmm

Awards Earned

So after seeing the attendance Wed night and being there present for the game, we have no business nor right to ever criticize Peoria for playing in a practice rink for the first two rounds.  Our attendance is actually more like 600-700 per game for the 3 home playoff games.  Our front office is an embarrassment to the entire league.  Before we ever criticize anything outside our house, let's make sure our house is good first.

• Like 1

Awards Earned