Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
ShaunS

Expansion Draft Selections

(1)  Roanoke - Travis Armstrong (Louisiana)

(2)  Evansville - Luke Sandler (Louisiana)

(3)  Roanoke - Steve Mele (Macon)

(4)  Evansville - Nick Lazorko (Fayetteville)

(5)  Roanoke - Massimo Lamacchia (Louisiana)

(6)  Evansville - Patrick Murphy (Columbus)

(7)  Roanoke - Jackson Brewer (Macon)

(8)  Evansville - John Daniels (Louisiana)

(9)  Roanoke - Tim Boyle (Mississippi)

(10)  Evansville - Steven Hoshaw (Fayetteville)

(11)  Roanoke - Ryan de Melo (Huntsville)

(12)  Evansville - Michael Hill (Knoxville)

Thunderbolts picked up two guys off Louisiana (who's going dark for a year) and Fayetteville, along with one each from Columbus and Knoxville. Admittedly, I don't know anything about these guys. Would someone more familiar with the league share their thoughts?

http://www.thesphl.com/view/thesphl/news/news_447513

• Like 1

Sandler is pretty solid.  Daniels is small, fast, and a hell of a lot of fun to watch.  Definitely a good pickup there. 

Both Antz are solid wish both could have stayed in Fayetteville. Lazorko 55gp 28 goals 18 assists +17. Hoshaw 48gp 4 goals 6 assists +11.

• Like 2

I was stunned that Lazorko wasn't protected. Very solid forward, another great season since leaving Huntsville. Sad to see him go.

• Like 1

Congratulations on getting two GREAT players in Nick Lazorko and Steven Hoshaw! Superb young men on and off the ice...

You aint lyin, i can't believe we got rid of those two!     :sad:

• Like 1

Sandler is pretty solid.  Daniels is small, fast, and a hell of a lot of fun to watch.  Definitely a good pickup there. 

I love cheering on fast, undersized guys. They always put out so much hustle. Tyson Fawcett, listed at 5'6, was one of those guys for the Icemen, and a favorite player of mine.

It seems like the Thunderbolts staff thought highly of Lazorko too because they took him that early when Louisiana's whole team was up for grabs (minus 1-2, obviously).

Daniels is undersized, fast, and not scared to try to hit.  And he hustles constantly.  Im happy for him to find a new team and hoping he gets to show off his skills with you guys.  He was a favorite of mine just because I wanted him to do so well on the ice and kept hoping he would get called up for his chance to shine.  Seems like he has heart, something that in general was severely lacking at a lot of parts this season.  And he never gave up, unlike quite a few of our players.

All true. Daniels was my favorite player and the most fun to watch. He will be a star in the right system.

Hill was a college kid that came to Knoxville late.  He scored early, which is what appeared to be his strength.  He looked a bit lost most of the time though.  I'm not sure what that means.  Throwing a new kid into the playoffs may not be the best way to evaluate their long term prospects.  You've either got a solid young shooter or a one-dimensional borderline guy.

Patrick Murphy scored in his first professional game. But played only a few games so not a lot that the Columbus

fans can tell you about him.

The franchise didn't "get rid" of them, it just didn't protect them and they were picked up in the draft.

oh excuse me  :2thumbsup: