Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
RapidFire19

Evansville Signs Lazorko

I saw on the Evansville Thunderbolts' facebook page that they have signed former Havoc\IceFlyer\Ant winger Nick Lazorko.

28 goals in 55 games in Fayetteville last season.

I saw on the Evansville Thunderbolts' facebook page that they have signed former Havoc\IceFlyer\Ant winger Nick Lazorko.

28 goals in 55 games in Fayetteville last season.

what the hell happen  for him to leave the antz.

He wasn't on the Antz' protected list. Probably signed for more money in Evansville than what he's get in Fayetteville.

what the hell happen  for him to leave the antz.

Wasnt protected.......was selected in expansion draft by Evansville.

This is some of the first news out of the team.  They have been relatively quiet about everything.  The announcements of the first three player signings are good to hear. 

This is some of the first news out of the team.  They have been relatively quiet about everything.  The announcements of the first three player signings are good to hear. 

You'll find the pace of player signings in the SPHL even slower than the CHL/ECHL.  There's a professional hockey pecking order established, and the SPHL has to scratch mighty hard in the barnyard.  But Coach Pyle knows the market, so I think he'll be patient & build a competitive roster.  I'm looking forward to seeing the Bolts play @ The Ford.

????

Well done, 'Vette.  Hoist with her own petard.  grenade.gif

Well, you got me.There was only 1 perfect being on this earth, and it surely ain't me. I must have been typing too fast, going back and editing a phrase or 2 and then going back to the end of the post-  I meant to write "what he'D get in Fayetteville". As @Fred is wont to say, "fat fingers"; the S and D keys are right next to each other.  

his_own_petard_sac0313cd.jpg

Edited by PlannedObsolescence

Hmmmm ... I woulda thunk the StarTrib's Steve Sack knew the difference between a lance & a petard.  They'll award a Pulitzer Prize to anybody these days.  :goof:

Well, you got me.There was only 1 perfect being on this earth, and it surely ain't me. I must have been typing too fast, going back and editing a phrase or 2 and then going back to the end of the post-  I meant to write "what he'D get in Fayetteville". As @Fred is wont to say, "fat fingers"; the S and D keys are right next to each other.  

his_own_petard_sac0313cd.jpg

It's all good! It happens to the best of us. :)

I'm a little surprised to see that. My understanding is that Oberliga isn't really a definitive step up in pay, but I could be mistaken.

Here's the article I saw:

http://www.hockeyweb.de/oberliga/ol-nord/nick-lazorko-verstaerkt-die-icefighters-leipzig-85408

Yes, as an Antz fan, we have already seen this and wish him the best. A lot of players from last season are headed overseas this up-coming season.

I'm a little surprised to see that. My understanding is that Oberliga isn't really a definitive step up in pay, but I could be mistaken. ...

Back in the 1990s & early 2000s, lower tier North America players went to Europe because they played fewer games for similar money - AND the money was tax-free.  Don't know if the latter condition remains.  It's also an opportunity for many players to experience cultures they would otherwise never experience.  But I guess you could say that about coming to this Board as well.  :unsure:

Might not be an issue of increased pay so much as the opportunity to play in Europe for a season.

Lazorko did this before, playing briefly in Sweden in 2014 before returning to Huntsville just in time to start the SPHL season.  (Of course, a short time later he was traded to Pensacola.  Go figure.)

I'm a little surprised to see that. My understanding is that Oberliga isn't really a definitive step up in pay, but I could be mistaken.

Here's the article I saw:

http://www.hockeyweb.de/oberliga/ol-nord/nick-lazorko-verstaerkt-die-icefighters-leipzig-85408

Danke. Ich habe diesen Artikel gelesen.

Back in the 1990s & early 2000s, lower tier North America players went to Europe because they played fewer games for similar money - AND the money was tax-free.  Don't know if the latter condition remains.  It's also an opportunity for many players to experience cultures they would otherwise never experience.  But I guess you could say that about coming to this Board as well.  :unsure:

From our friends at IRS.gov:

Foreign Earned Income Exclusion

If you meet certain requirements, you may qualify for the foreign earned income and foreign housing exclusions and the foreign housing deduction.

If you are a U.S. citizen or a resident alien of the United States and you live abroad, you are taxed on your worldwide income. However, you may qualify to exclude from income up to an amount of your foreign earnings that is adjusted annually for inflation ($92,900 for 2011, $95,100 for 2012, $97,600 for 2013, $99,200 for 2014 and $100,800 for 2015). In addition, you can exclude or deduct certain foreign housing amounts.

You may also be entitled to exclude from income the value of meals and lodging provided to you by your employer. Refer to Exclusion of Meals and Lodging in Publication 54, Tax Guide for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens Abroad, and Publication 15-B, Employer's Tax Guide to Fringe Benefits for more information.