Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
fitter

Kings @ Roanoke

What a disappointing weekend. Are the Dogs playing that much better or are we playing that much worse. I am sure the Havoc are licking their lips for two more points in tomorrow nights game.

44 minutes ago, fitter said:

What a disappointing weekend. Are the Dogs playing that much better or are we playing that much worse. I am sure the Havoc are licking their lips for two more points in tomorrow nights game.

I don't know for sure just yet, but it's been the 2 best games I've seen them play against a quality opponent all season. We beat Evansville 3 times early in the season but they were struggling when we were beating them, Evansville like Roanoke are better teams now than earlier in the season. Met some of your fans who traveled to Roanoke for the games this weekend very nice people and good talking to them about Hockey and the league from their perspective.

20 hours ago, fitter said:

Roanoke played very well. Both wins were well earned. The Kings are gong through a period of adjustment. There has been a large turnover of players due to call ups, trades, and injuries. This is something every SPHL team goes through so no excuse. Once the new players learn the system things will, hopefully, normalize.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, fitter said:

The Dawgs have had injuries galore this season as well as a fair number of call-ups.

This was the first weekend in a long time that they were at full strength. They certainly played the best two games that they played al year and then followed up with a decent game at Columbus Saturday night in spite of an 8 hour bus ride.

Looks like Hosmer is staying in Mississippi, he didn't report to Roanoke and rumors are that he is retiring from hockey.

I read in his fiancees blog this was going to be his last year anyways.  They got engaged in september.  Guess he is ready to move on from hockey and didnt want to change to another city.  She wrote on twitter they were going looking at venues for the wedding.  They live in Canada.  They were living far away from each other.  Its a shame was hoping he would come to play for Roanoke.

3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I read in his fiancees blog this was going to be his last year anyways.  They got engaged in september.  Guess he is ready to move on from hockey and didnt want to change to another city.  She wrote on twitter they were going looking at venues for the wedding.  They live in Canada.  They were living far away from each other.  Its a shame was hoping he would come to play for Roanoke.

Just saw his FB page......this is more than likely correct. As of Jan 12th they were in Ontario.......