luvdasnakes

Return of the Bulls?

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

Roanoke had several more months of public prep time to ice a team in the subsequent season.  For the sake of Birmingham and of the League, I hope there's been a helluva lot of prep work done behind the scenes to help ready the new Bulls for a potential 2016-17 debut.  Patience is a virtue.  :popcorn:

Yep.  For example, Roanoke had 730 season tickets sold by January. That immediately gave them a solid foundation. It's certainly not impossible, but there's a LOT of work to be done.

Edited by Roanokehockey

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

Roanoke had several more months of public prep time to ice a team in the subsequent season.  For the sake of Birmingham and of the League, I hope there's been a helluva lot of prep work done behind the scenes to help ready the new Bulls for a potential 2016-17 debut.  Patience is a virtue.  :popcorn:

Sorry, junior Perfesser- the 2016-17 season is quite well under way. Teams are already touting season ticket sales for the '17-'18 season- hope the Bulls (or whatever name they use) have had their ball rollin' and start gathering massive momentum now that this has been released to the public.

7 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Sorry, junior Perfesser- the 2016-17 season is quite well under way. ...

Well, then, somebody fergitted to tell Roanoke, Columbus & Evansville ... and me.  :blush:

On 2/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, Hockey33 said:

Layout chart says 2868. Now I believe standing room is over 3k. 

IMG_2862.JPG

May I ask where you found this gem?

1 hour ago, Chronicle said:

May I ask where you found this gem?

On the civic center website. 

I read that they if the lease was agreed to the city was going to increase the seating to 4,000.

44 minutes ago, PlayaHtr said:

I read that they if the lease was agreed to the city was going to increase the seating to 4,000.

They're going to be like the airlines- narrow the width of the seats and decrease the amount of legroom between the rows!

1 person likes this

Wouldn't be the most luxurious venue in the league...but if it's a stepping stone to the BJCC, I think it's a good idea.

I'm not sure where room would be to add a thousand more seats but maybe that plan will include renovation of current seats.

Attendance numbers from their latest stint are above average for the SPHL (save for whatever happened in 2000-01).

bulls attendance.gif

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/plans_in_place_to_bring_profes.html

Plans are underway for professional hockey to be back in metro Birmingham by the fall of 2017.

Art Clarkson, former owner of the Birmingham Bulls professional hockey team, has signed an agreement with the Pelham Civic Complex and Ice Arena to house a new team at the venue.

The City Council approved the lease agreement earlier this week, and it now awaits approval from the city's attorney.

According to Clarkson, the team will be part of the Southern Professional Hockey League; that league has 10 teams from across the Southeast, including the Huntsville Havoc.