Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marksmen119

Call-up

48 posts in this topic

Austin Daae was put on waivers today by Columbus.  

1 person likes this

Awards

30 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Austin Daae was put on waivers today by Columbus.  

I dont think he will be back. Someone else will probably pick him up.

Awards

Austin Daae is a joke. Super bad attitude. Also noticed that Carriveau is on IR with Huntsville. Kinda surprised he lasted as long as he did. Guess he won't get hurt on Friday at the Crown. LOL

3 people like this

Awards

8 hours ago, FireAntzArtist said:

Austin Daae is a joke. Super bad attitude. Also noticed that Carriveau is on IR with Huntsville. Kinda surprised he lasted as long as he did. Guess he won't get hurt on Friday at the Crown. LOL

Gotcha!  That explains why he keeps bouncing around on his tour of the SPHL.  

Awards

Any news on who Bes will bring in to replace Porter and Robertson?

I haven't seen anywhere that Porter has signed with the Thunder.

Edited by 72Vette

Awards

Justin Hussar should be able to come off IR for tonight's game. I'm sure there will be an updated transaction list prior to game time.

Awards

What exactly is a reserve? Can he leave if he wants to?

Awards

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, FireAntzArtist said:

Im not sure, but I could try to find out if someone hasnt beat me to it.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

Awards

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

Im not sure, but I could try to find out if someone hasnt beat me to it.

8 hours ago, FireAntzArtist said:

During the season, each team can maintain an active roster of 20 players, with 18 (16 skaters and two goalies) dressing for each game. (The active roster maximum is 21 for the first 30 days of the regular season.) Teams can place up to two additional players on a reserve list, and an unlimited number of players on 21-day injured reserve. They use the reserve list to rotate their players and hold them in case of call ups.

Edited by 72Vette
2 people like this

Awards

I would bet that Chris would rather play than sit and watch. Hope to see him back in a FireAntz jersey soon.

Awards

56 minutes ago, FireAntzArtist said:

I would bet that Chris would rather play than sit and watch. Hope to see him back in a FireAntz jersey soon.

I'm all for players getting called up to the ECHL but not to sit the bench or go on 'reserve. 

2 people like this

Awards

To most Hockey players it's about playing the sport they love and others about $$$$$. Not sure which Chris Porter is but, he's getting paid by ECHL to sit and watch. 

Awards

1 hour ago, 72Vette said:

To most Hockey players it's about playing the sport they love and others about $$$$$. Not sure which Chris Porter is but, he's getting paid by ECHL to sit and watch. 

Right. I'm sure it depends on the organization too. These guys get to practice with the squad and work with their coaches. They might feel that the development aspect adds some value.

Alex Brooks traded to Missouri Mavericks.

Awards

Chris Porter was released today. After clearing waivers, he might make it back for the games against Evansville.

1 person likes this

Awards

Posted (edited)

Mitch McNeill waived so that leaves us with 6 defensemen. Hussar changed to 21-day IR. Only 9 forwards so Porter would be the 10th. Will Drobot then drop off the first line? He has been playing great lately. Guess we will see tomorrow night.

It'll be interesting to see our current FireAntz vs. so many FORMER FireAntz! Nieuwendyk, Elmes, Cote, Thorne, Petaccio, Kohn, Hutchinson.......

Edited by FireAntzArtist

Awards

1 hour ago, FireAntzArtist said:

Mitch McNeill waived so that leaves us with 6 defensemen. Hussar changed to 21-day IR. Only 9 forwards so Porter would be the 10th. Will Drobot then drop off the first line? He has been playing great lately. Guess we will see tomorrow night.

It'll be interesting to see our current FireAntz vs. so many FORMER FireAntz! Nieuwendyk, Elmes, Cote, Thorne, Petaccio, Kohn, Hutchinson.......

Wow!  I don't ever remember a team in the SPHL with that many former players from a single team.

Awards

37 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Wow!  I don't ever remember a team in the SPHL with that many former players from a single team.

And they will have something to prove. I wouldn't take them lightly.

1 person likes this

Awards

3 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

1/3 of Roanoke's active roster are former Havoc players- Brewer, Schneider, Mele, Tesoriero, Donnellan, and Beirnes. Their inactive goalie de Melo was once with the Havoc. And Popek, who's no longer on the team but started out in Roanoke, also played for the Havoc.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So where is Popek?

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

Awards

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

So where is Popek?

Per eliteprospects.com:

CAREER STATISTICS Use/Embed statistics RSS feed
 SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-      POST GP G A TP PIM +/- 
 2007-08 stats_arrow.gif Stoney Creek Warriors stats_arrow.gif GHL 45 8 10 18 14   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 4 0 0 0 0  
 2008-09 stats_arrow.gif Stoney Creek Warriors stats_arrow.gif GOJHL 46 24 24 48 46   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 16 4 10 14 14  
 2009-10 stats_arrow.gif Burlington Cougars stats_arrow.gif CCHL 50 29 30 59 27   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 12 3 6 9 6  
 2010-11 stats_arrow.gif Burlington Cougars stats_arrow.gif OJHL 40 22 43 65 39   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 10 8 6 14 2  
 2011-12 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 32 4 3 7 12 -8 |              
 2012-13 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 33 6 2 8 8 -3 |              
 2013-14 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 34 6 4 10 10 -14 |              
 2014-15 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 30 7 9 16 10 -20 |              
 2015-16 stats_arrow.gif Macon Mayhem stats_arrow.gif SPHL 3 1 1 2 0 1 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Danbury Titans stats_arrow.gif FHL 1 0 0 0 0 2 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Huntsville Havoc stats_arrow.gif SPHL 27 9 9 18 32 0 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 2 0 0 0 0 -2 
 2016-17 stats_arrow.gif Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs stats_arrow.gif SPHL 5 2 0 2 4 0 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Stoney Creek Generals stats_arrow.gif ACH 12 2 4 6 2   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 2 0 0 0 2  

icon_link.png  

Per Wikipedia: The Stoney Creek Generals are a Canadian Senior Ice Hockey team playing out of Gateway Ice Centre in Stoney Creek, Ontario.

The Stoney Creek Generals joined the Ontario Hockey Association's Allan Cup Hockey League and have been in operation since 2013.

The Stoney Creek Generals are the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 regular season champions. The Stoney Creek Generals are the 2015-2016

recipients of the Robertson Cup.

Edited by PlannedObsolescence
to add the Wikipedia info and to fit the Wikipedia info onto the screen