Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10Antz18Life33

Call-up

48 posts in this topic

We have a delema. Who gets waved for Robertson? The D is looking good. The offense is even better.  I'm not sure what to do about Porter? I always thought he was a weak point.

No one got waived "officially" for Robertson yet. He hasn't cleared waivers in the ECHL yet - or at least he hasn't "officially' cleared them. If he DOES come back to the Antz soon, I'm guessing Lubin would get waived, but who knows? Porter was far from weak. Sure, he wasn't the fastest skater, but the "7 Line" was really getting hot - (7 Thompson, 14 Porter, 21 Chaumont) when he got called up. I wouldn't want to be in Bes' shoes right now because EVERYONE is giving their all as we head towards the season title and playoffs.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Per eliteprospects.com:

CAREER STATISTICS Use/Embed statistics RSS feed
 SEASON TEAM LEAGUE GP G A TP PIM +/-      POST GP G A TP PIM +/- 
 2007-08 stats_arrow.gif Stoney Creek Warriors stats_arrow.gif GHL 45 8 10 18 14   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 4 0 0 0 0  
 2008-09 stats_arrow.gif Stoney Creek Warriors stats_arrow.gif GOJHL 46 24 24 48 46   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 16 4 10 14 14  
 2009-10 stats_arrow.gif Burlington Cougars stats_arrow.gif CCHL 50 29 30 59 27   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 12 3 6 9 6  
 2010-11 stats_arrow.gif Burlington Cougars stats_arrow.gif OJHL 40 22 43 65 39   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 10 8 6 14 2  
 2011-12 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 32 4 3 7 12 -8 |              
 2012-13 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 33 6 2 8 8 -3 |              
 2013-14 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 34 6 4 10 10 -14 |              
 2014-15 stats_arrow.gif American Int'l College stats_arrow.gif NCAA 30 7 9 16 10 -20 |              
 2015-16 stats_arrow.gif Macon Mayhem stats_arrow.gif SPHL 3 1 1 2 0 1 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Danbury Titans stats_arrow.gif FHL 1 0 0 0 0 2 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Huntsville Havoc stats_arrow.gif SPHL 27 9 9 18 32 0 | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 2 0 0 0 0 -2 
 2016-17 stats_arrow.gif Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs stats_arrow.gif SPHL 5 2 0 2 4 0 |              
  stats_arrow.gif Stoney Creek Generals stats_arrow.gif ACH 12 2 4 6 2   | stats_arrow.gif Playoffs 2 0 0 0 2  

icon_link.png  

Per Wikipedia: The Stoney Creek Generals are a Canadian Senior Ice Hockey team playing out of Gateway Ice Centre in Stoney Creek, Ontario.

The Stoney Creek Generals joined the Ontario Hockey Association's Allan Cup Hockey League and have been in operation since 2013.

The Stoney Creek Generals are the 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 regular season champions. The Stoney Creek Generals are the 2015-2016

recipients of the Robertson Cup.

I wonder if thats the same league Quader is in?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

I wonder if thats the same league Quader is in?

It is along with his brother and several other former antz.

Edited by 72Vette

4 hours ago, 72Vette said:

We have a delema. Who gets waved for Robertson? The D is looking good. The offense is even better.  I'm not sure what to do about Porter? I always thought he was a weak point.

4 hours ago, FireAntzArtist said:

No one got waived "officially" for Robertson yet. He hasn't cleared waivers in the ECHL yet - or at least he hasn't "officially' cleared them. If he DOES come back to the Antz soon, I'm guessing Lubin would get waived, but who knows? Porter was far from weak. Sure, he wasn't the fastest skater, but the "7 Line" was really getting hot - (7 Thompson, 14 Porter, 21 Chaumont) when he got called up. I wouldn't want to be in Bes' shoes right now because EVERYONE is giving their all as we head towards the season title and playoffs.

Porter has 9G and 15A for 24 pts in 33 games and is a +5.......Robertson has 0G and 22A for 22 pts in 33 games and is a +15.

7 hours ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

Porter has 9G and 15A for 24 pts in 33 games and is a +5.......Robertson has 0G and 22A for 22 pts in 33 games and is a +15.

I guess my only issue with Porter as you already stated, he doesn't hustle like the rest. The rookie is slow also but he's still trying to learn and has 2 goals in 2 games. We need to hang on to him. Defense, it's between Kristaps Nimanis or Brandon Lubin who has to make room for Robertson. Both are close in stats except Nimanis has a lot more time in the box which could be the deciding factor.

Can anyone say positively that either one of them headed to our game tonight in Evansville?

5 minutes ago, pitch01 said:

Can anyone say positively that either one of them headed to our game tonight in Evansville?

Coach likes to keep things to himself and we find out after the fact. Robertson will be traveling back from Utah after he clears waivers. I don't think we'll see him play. Porter, it's possible.

Yes, Chris Porter is going to be in Evansville. Campagna put on 21 day IR. Hussar put on season ending IR.

1 person likes this

I'm thinking the Springer D-man could possibly be a placeholder until Robertson returns. By averages, we currently have the tallest team in the league. At 5' 9", Springer will be easy to find on the ice. LOL  (Not being ugly, just something I thought about)

1 person likes this

Looking forward to tonight's game and hoping to see Sean Robertson in the line up:2thumbsup:

2 people like this

I'm a little confused. On the ECHL Transactions for 23 March, They have Utah Sean Robertson waived. On the page transactions, no where does it state that he's been waived. On the Utah roster page, they still have him on their roster.

http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-23-2017

Utah Roster,

http://www.echl.com/roster?team=23&season=40&league=1&league_code=echl

Maybe because he hasn't cleared waivers yet?

First, in my experience with the ECHL site, I've got one key takeaway. It's terrible.

The "news transactions" clearly states that release on the 23rd, but the transaction log only shows his signing (http://www.echl.com/transactions?team=23&season=40&page=1&resultsPerPage=50). Now whether that's because they missed the update (reminder: terrible) or the "news transactions" was in error it's harder to say. 

He didn't play in their last game though on the 25th, so even with his name not showing up on the SPHL list, I'd say he's out of Utah.

1 person likes this

Sean Robertson IS back in Fayetteville. He was in the stands at game last night and at meet and greet afterward.

1 person likes this

Decision time for Coach. Who does he make room for Sean?? Springer just joined the team and would give him some time to prove himself. He scored a goal against a tough team Macon. My guess it would be between  Brandon Lubin  or Kristaps Nimanis . Lubin was also on the same team as Sean in Utah and was waived long before Sean was. Lubin is 11-2-2 4pts a +9 and 32PIMS. Nimanis is 15-2-4 6pts a +13 and 28PIMS. To bad the SPHL doesn't have the reserve element as the ECHL does. That would work well.

On 3/30/2017 at 6:46 AM, 72Vette said:

Decision time for Coach. Who does he make room for Sean?? Springer just joined the team and would give him some time to prove himself. He scored a goal against a tough team Macon. My guess it would be between  Brandon Lubin  or Kristaps Nimanis . Lubin was also on the same team as Sean in Utah and was waived long before Sean was. Lubin is 11-2-2 4pts a +9 and 32PIMS. Nimanis is 15-2-4 6pts a +13 and 28PIMS. To bad the SPHL doesn't have the reserve element as the ECHL does. That would work well.

http://thesphl.stats.pointstreak.com/transactions.html?leagueid=215&seasonid=16269

Like said before, Nimanis waived....Robertson back from ECHL.

Robertson might be back, but for some reason, he didn't play Friday or Saturday in Peoria. It showed in our short handed defense.

Now that the season is over in the ECHL for Alex Brooks and Christen Horn, can they return to the ANTZ for the playoffs? The playoff rosters are due today.

Brooks is showing on the playoff roster but Horn isn't 

1 person likes this

Campagna & Corbett not on roster, but Springer is. Hmmmmm…...

21 minutes ago, FireAntzArtist said:

Campagna & Corbett not on roster, but Springer is. Hmmmmm…...

Not surprised....Springer has ECHL talent and has played with both Hausy and Bonar. I knew Corbett and Campagna were going to have a difficult time making the playoff roster.

2 people like this