Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snakezzz

What went on 03/25 to warrant suspensions

45 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Saw that there was a lot of penalties called at end of game and several players and coaches suspended

What went on?

Edited by Snakezzz

From facebook comments on the SPHL page it appears A few Maycon players would not leave the ice after the game.  Coach Kerr took a stick to the face and a brawl happened.  This is the best I can piece together.

From the looks of the video it looks like the guy squirting the water and tossing the water bottle was the Huntsville

on ice announcer?

What a suprise Huntsville gets into another brawl but they aren't the dirty team. 

1 person likes this

Awards

Much better view then the one i saw earlier.  Macon should have left ice.  Macon coach who jerked a stick out of equipment managers hands was a dumb move unless he needed a walking cane to get off the ice.  Who was huntsville player who hit the coach with the stick?  See him getting the biggest suspension.  Next one probably sicard for faceplanting someone in the ice.  Good thing dave from pjstar hurried and posted that article.  Looks like sicard no suspension in 3 years is over.  The coach of macon probably will be sharing his time with sicard too for a few games.  Im sure i missed something.  Let me know if i missed anything else.

Awards

Good ol' brawling in hockey. Takes me back to better days when fights were so much more common place. Reminds me almost of the massive brawl back in the ECHL days when Huntsville Blast were in Greensboro taking on the Monarchs!! A Blast player was sent to the Sin Bin and I guess one of our fans threw some beer on him and he climbed the back wall to reach that fan and next thing you know the Blast and Monarchs' benches cleared for an all out brawl. I miss my Monarchs!!

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, PeeDeePride said:

Good ol' brawling in hockey. Takes me back to better days when fights were so much more common place. Reminds me almost of the massive brawl back in the ECHL days when Huntsville Blast were in Greensboro taking on the Monarchs!! A Blast player was sent to the Sin Bin and I guess one of our fans threw some beer on him and he climbed the back wall to reach that fan and next thing you know the Blast and Monarchs' benches cleared for an all out brawl. I miss my Monarchs!!

Yup same way with the roanoke express and hampton roads admirals.  Players fighting fans, fans fighting players, and fans fighting fans.  Use to have to call in extra security for those games.  Definately was the good ole days.  Something like that happened today, they would be suspended forever.  Back then you might get a game or two.  We sure did love to hate john brophy RIP.

1 person likes this

Awards

I understand as the years go by changes get made for safety, even like in NASCAR. But when you mandate and make certain safety changes that change the overall feel of the game from what it used to be kind of not as fun for worries of suspensions or fines or being banned. It's like take Dale Earnhardt, he had been in so many crashes that should have killed him same as Richard Petty but that one crash that took his life then all of a sudden so many changes were made. Richard Petty, I remember, hit the inside retaining wall at Darlington I believe and broke his left arm because it was hanging outside the window. Now certain changes I felt were needed was the implementation of the neck guards goaltenders have to wear because of that bad Clint Malarchuk incident. Remember that one? That was terrifying for everyone.

With those specialty unis on display, it looks like the Havoc were simply expressing their appreciation of the military after the final horn.  :usaflag:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As you can see from the video, most of the Macon players had eventually (after much gesturing by the ref and linesmen) gone toward their end of the ice. However, Coach Kerr and Asst Coach Thomas were still in their bench area- in fact, you can see that Kerr actually crossed the red line. Much jawing ensued, Coach Kerr grabbed a stick from the Macon equipment manager, Kaiser pointed his stick at Kerr (don't know if he actually hit Kerr or if Kerr saw it coming and recoiled), then the Mayhem players returned to center ice and the fun began. Sicard body-slammed Nutkevich to the ice (Sy hit the ice head-first). Further words and fisticuffs ensued. Coach Detulleo and Asst Coach Kallechy weren't even involved until Jesse came out later to get Havoc players out of the melee. Don't see why Glenn gets a suspension, other than being "responsible" for his charges. 

Edited by hockeydoc
1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

With those specialty unis on display, it looks like the Havoc were simply expressing their appreciation of the military after the final horn.  :usaflag:

The Havoc players were so well-camouflaged that the ref couldn't see them to call penalties either on them or by them!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, money man said:

What a suprise Huntsville gets into another brawl but they aren't the dirty team. 

At least their latest brawl didn't start because of a puck launched at their bench.

2 people like this

Awards

39 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

At least their latest brawl didn't start because of a puck launched at their bench.

Yes but we are able to call out dirty play from our team. Can't say the same for Huntsville 

Awards

1 hour ago, qwacker2 said:

This one shows a few seconds previous - water bottle comes in from direction of Macon exit, Havoc on-ice announcer yelling/gesturing at Macon coach, and Macon coach coming back to Havoc bench. 

Why would the Havoc on ice announcer get involved in this? When the final decisions are made

Freak whatever needs to be on the short list.

1 person likes this

He was calling the Macon coach over for a post-game interview.  

"Coach Kerr, you were a pretty tough player in your years playing hockey.  Can you grab a stick and show us a few moves?"

"Nolan, I see you've still got your stick.  Come on in here and line up across from Coach Kerr for a puck drop."

"Leo, grab that puck from the Havoc bench."

"Dennis, there is a report in the Star Journal that you are going soft this season.  How do you respond to this?"

"Justin, that girl in the stands is really worried Chris doesn't know how to get off the ice.  Can you show him where the exit is?" 

2 people like this

12 hours ago, money man said:

Yes but we are able to call out dirty play from our team. Can't say the same for Huntsville 

Show/tell me where in the video there is "dirty play" (other than perhaps Kaiser pointing/"spearing" his stick at Kerr) by the Havoc prior to the brawling.

Awards

17 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Show/tell me where in the video there is "dirty play" (other than perhaps Kaiser pointing/"spearing" his stick at Kerr) by the Havoc prior to the brawling.

Spearing a coach is pretty dirty in my book. Also not necessarily dirty but tateson starts it all back up when he jabs at number 4

Awards

37 minutes ago, money man said:

Spearing a coach is pretty dirty in my book. Also not necessarily dirty but tateson starts it all back up when he jabs at number 4

Look very carefully. I don't think Kaiser's stick actually hit Kerr- I do compliment the coach on his cat-like reflexes in avoiding the stick. Steel and his jawing partner had a few shoves and Joseph (Macon's #4) popped Nutkevich (Huntsville's #19) on his shoulder before Tateson took a shot at Joseph.

Awards

17 hours ago, PeeDeePride said:

Good ol' brawling in hockey. Takes me back to better days when fights were so much more common place. ...

If the home team mascot didn't get involved, it wasn't worth the thread space this debate has consumed.  Next.

20 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

If the home team mascot didn't get involved, it wasn't worth the thread space this debate has consumed.  Next.

Chaos and Rukus are sheep in wolf disguises?

Awards

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Chaos and Rukus are sheep in wolf disguises?

If those are "wolf disguises" they need a new tailor.

4 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

But we haven't even got to the discussion about why the Havoc staff member and policeman are fighting on the bench.