SPHL News Ticker
    >

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

TimO

Potential Expansion

46 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Hey! Knoxville needs a new arena at least as much as Pensacola. 

Y'all need to start small.  Get that new street name first, THEN work on a new building.

• Haha 1

I've been seeing this on the "ECHL Bashboard" FB page a lot over the last 3 weeks. All ECHL fans are saying they have heard news on Adirondack joining the SPHL. Adirondack is located in Glens Falls, NY. No matter how many times I've told them it would be expensive travel costs at most if not all SPHL teams, they are h*** bent on Adirondack joining the SPHL. What is everyone's thoughts?

Screenshot_2018-02-28-20-30-36.png

Bonkers if true. Of course I woulda said the same thing about Peoria, so...

Posted (edited)

Most of the Adirondack posts are posted by the same guy, I am fairly sure he is just trolling the Adirondack fans and a few others have started joining in. Adirondack just signed a new 3 year contract with the E.

Edited by vicvegas

2 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

Most of the Adirondack posts are posted by the same guy, I am fairly sure he is just trolling the Adirondack fans and a few others have started joining in. Adirondack just signed a new 3 year contract with the E.

There are more than just ADK fans believing it then......but signing a 3 year deal is good for them and us.

Spoke with Adirondack on FB messanger.  They said its all untrue, that they are members of the ECHL.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Spoke with Adirondack on FB messanger.  They said its all untrue, that they are members of the ECHL.

You sure you was not talking to this guy instead

iraq.jpg

3 hours ago, Antz Fan said:

You sure you was not talking to this guy instead

iraq.jpg

Regardless who I spoke to......I don't see a team in New York (Glen Falls or anywhere) being benifical to the SP. 

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Regardless who I spoke to......I don't see a team in New York (Glen Falls or anywhere) being benifical to the SP. 

Geographically, it isn't a serious choice at this time. It would immediately become the longest drive for most (if not all - I didn't do the distances) of the teams.

9 minutes ago, ShaunS said:

Geographically, it isn't a serious choice at this time. It would immediately become the longest drive for most (if not all - I didn't do the distances) of the teams.

Just did a quick search.....from Pensacola, FL to Glen Falls, NY its 1,383.8 miles or 21 hrs.

@Marksmen3519: Why do you continue to worry over an expansion rumor that will clearly never come true?  Your energies would be better applied to the pros & cons of Winston-Salem joining the SPHL - though that topic has been nearly beaten to death in this thread already.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

@Marksmen3519: Why do you continue to worry over an expansion rumor that will clearly never come true?  Your energies would be better applied to the pros & cons of Winston-Salem joining the SPHL - though that topic has been nearly beaten to death in this thread already.

Only cities I could see maybe coming in next year could be Winston Salem and maybe Florence. But I say chances are more likely no one comes next year

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

I dont remember the usually dates, but seeing how we are a week away from  mid-March......if there would be any talk of expansion in the SPHL from the league office, wouldn't we have heard something? Maybe by April?

Shaun said he didnt know the distances.....I just provided one answer. Also, if you knew me personally, this isn't me "worrying"....lol. #Virgo

25 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

... Shaun said he didnt know the distances.....I just provided one answer. Also, if you knew me personally, this isn't me "worrying"....lol. #Virgo

My apologies for blaming it on your personality disorder rather than your horoscope.  :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

My apologies for blaming it on your personality disorder rather than your horoscope.  :rolleyes:

No disorders here....:2thumbsup:

Quad City announced today that they will cease operations once the season is over. Maybe since their name was in the mix for potential expansion, it could be a possibility if anything comes of it in the future.

Outside of just-down-the-road-a-piece Peoria, travel times to the rest of the league would be between 6 and 15 hours. 

19 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Outside of just-down-the-road-a-piece Peoria, travel times to the rest of the league would be between 6 and 15 hours. 

The SPHL can just schedule a season-long 3-team round robin tourney among EVN, PEO & QDC.  Winner faces FAY for the President's Cup.  I'm good with that.  :cuphold:

7 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Its better than Adirondack joining lol.....21+ hrs for some teams.....

44 minutes ago, ChompNation said:

QC should make the damn logical move and join the growing SPHL!

All they need is an ownership group, an arena lease, whatever municipal and/or state operating permits/paperwork are required, an SPHL franchise agreement, whatever else I forgot or don't know about ... and a season ticket base roughly equivalent to what they had 6-7 years ago before the QDC local enthusiasm for hockey started to wane.  Sounds easy, eh?

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

All they need is an ownership group, an arena lease, whatever municipal and/or state operating permits/paperwork are required, an SPHL franchise agreement, whatever else I forgot or don't know about ... and a season ticket base roughly equivalent to what they had 6-7 years ago before the QDC local enthusiasm for hockey started to wane.  Sounds easy, eh?

They also need a fanbase that will whine because they are dropping to the SPHL.....:eyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1