MacGuy

Billett on Team Suspension

18 posts in this topic

Ice Bears Place Brian Billett on Team Suspension

Knoxville Ice Bears - Team Press Release

Knoxville, TN (April 5, 2017) Knoxville Ice Bears have placed goaltender Brian Billett on team suspension effective immediately.

Billett has been suspended for violation of team policy.

”Brian has been placed on team suspension indefinitely due to an off ice incident that violates our team policy,” said President and General Manager Mike Murray.

In the absence of the reason for the suspension being made public by Brian or the team; we won't be posting any rumors, guesses, or unofficial information on the situation.

Thanks for posting the link.

Glad no one was hurt. Wish you guys all the best!

Awards

Another opportunity for recently honored News Sentinel Sports Editor Phil Kaplan to print nothing but negative news about the Ice Bears. :crap:

2 people like this

On Facebook, one of the Knoxville Ice Bears fan pages is not allowing anyone to post a link due to "respecting the privacy" of the player and his family. People who attempt to provide a link (factual information in the public domain) have been accused of not supporting the team and, at least one person, booted from the group. I can only imagine some of the emails the News Sentinel might be getting

1 person likes this

I can only imagine.  People on facebook was giving roanokes paper hell, just for printing we had a very slim chance of making the playoffs a few games ago.  Which they were just telling the truth i thought.  Facebook is a hard crowd to please.  But you cant make everyone happy.

Awards

Unfortunately for some, an arrest is public record so privacy goes out the window at that point. While bashing someone's mistake or bad choices aren't a proper decision, stating a true public fact (with the facts to back it up) should be OK.

Awards

On 4/6/2017 at 0:14 PM, aholbro said:

On Facebook, one of the Knoxville Ice Bears fan pages is not allowing anyone to post a link due to "respecting the privacy" of the player and his family. People who attempt to provide a link (factual information in the public domain) have been accused of not supporting the team and, at least one person, booted from the group. I can only imagine some of the emails the News Sentinel might be getting

I got kicked out of the same group for posting about Price's incident. That group is a joke

Awards

Posted (edited)

Apparently the Greenville ECHL team must figure that Brian's ability warrants he get a chance at the next level up from the SPHL

2017-04-21   Greenville Swamp Rabbits Brian Billett (G)  ADD  Added as emergency backup
Edited by Richard_14

Awards

Its public record and was published in the newspaper so it can be discussed here.  The team is just being understandably over protective.

Awards

On 4/21/2017 at 4:44 PM, Richard_14 said:

Apparently the Greenville ECHL team must figure that Brian's ability warrants he get a chance at the next level up from the SPHL ...

Did you have to use the word "warrants"?  :dontgetit:

2 people like this

Which page?

I'll to go to that FB group and post the link, and if i get booted/banned, Turn around and block those admin turds from this site.

Turnabout's fair play...

Good question. I looked for it when that was posted, but didn't find anything.

Posted (edited)

I'm in late on this. :)  The page is Knoxville Ice Bears Fan Page.

That was me that got booted.  The guy that runs that page is a jerkoff...he likes to think he's some official conduit to the team, he's just a dipshit superfan.  He messaged me stating that the team and Craigen had asked him to have me delete the post.  I said nope, public record.  He responded calling me an ass and then blocked me so I couldn't respond to him...teenage girl-type stuff.

Oh well, I hope he enjoys his echo chamber over there, where any dissenting opinion is treated as 'disrespect'.

Edited by bcruze

Awards

On 5/2/2017 at 1:44 AM, bcruze said:

I'm in late on this. :)  The page is Knoxville Ice Bears Fan Page.

That was me that got booted.  The guy that runs that page is a jerkoff...he likes to think he's some official conduit to the team, he's just a dipshit superfan.  He messaged me stating that the team and Craigen had asked him to have me delete the post.  I said nope, public record.  He responded calling me an ass and then blocked me so I couldn't respond to him...teenage girl-type stuff.

Oh well, I hope he enjoys his echo chamber over there, where any dissenting opinion is treated as 'disrespect'.

He told me that the whole team hated me and wanted to meet up and fight over posting the price article. The guy is a tool. He is a nobody who thinks he is somebody. 

Awards

Unless you did something for the team where they saw your face every single day, or you were a fanboy of another team who sat behind the away bench and heckled every game, I doubt the "whole team" could hate anyone. The front office will hate you if you throw some April Fools jokes up on Twitter and message boards, however... :whistle: