Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

72Vette

New Ownership

15 posts in this topic

I'm liking what I've been seeing and hearing about Antz advertisement. The Antz are doing more radio interviews and public appearances. They were on FT Bragg the other day at the sports center. I'm hoping for a big crowd this weekend. If only they could get the radio and TV stations to announce the game scores.

Awards

Amen!  We have an ownership group with awesome credentials.  Jeff Longo has a great background with marketing and Chuck Norris who spent five yrs at Fort Bragg.  We've already seen more interaction with Fort Bragg in the past week than we have in the past 15 yrs.  I foresee very good things in the future and for the first time in Fayetteville hockey history, dating back to the Force years, we have people who are looking to increase attendance and fill lots of seats.  Welcome Jeff and Chuck!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 2

Awards

51 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

we have people who are looking to increase attendance and fill lots of seats.   

And if those seats aren't filled, Mr Norris will don a Texas Ranger star and kick those butts into those seats!

• Like 4

Glad to hear the Antz will carry on with a stronger Fort Bragg presence.

• Like 1

976baf0042d017e13d338c997e341aae[1].jpg

ept_sports_nhl_experts-41970595-1274423665[1].jpg

Chuck_fc2aa7_1812700.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like the new owners are hard at work judging by the crowd tonight....wooooohoooooo :yikes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, incrediblehoss said:

Looks like the new owners are hard at work judging by the crowd tonight....wooooohoooooo :yikes:

• Like 2

Awards

I like the constant camera action shots during the game for those who can't see what's going on in the corners.

• Like 3

Awards

These guys are hiring a 10-12 person staff ... they are not playing around, they want this to grow and prosper!!! They worked for 5 weeks promoting last night and tonight and the difference in the crowd was obvious and all due to them!!

last night they brought in the Charlotte Checkers ice team to give some insight and to show what to expect in the future!!! They did say that tonight that crew won't be there, but for next season the experience will be worth the price of admission!!

i have talked with the new Pres/GM several times via private message and he is very receptive to all the ideas fans have and wants to hear our opinions!!

very excited going forward!!

• Like 3

If new ownership hadn't come in, this franchise was all but dead under Cheapskate MacNaught. Hopefully the new owners can build some momentum, but they have to build goodwill to counteract everything the previous owners have done wrong over the past 10-plus years.

• Like 1

Awards

More than anything, I will be glad to no longer have to read posts complaining about the attendance and Antz front office......

• Like 3