Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

antman

Antz lose game 1

13 posts in this topic

Hope we can pull one out on the road Thursday night, I'm concerned that we can't score lately, that started with the Peoria trip and has continued, we scored 4 against Huntsville but two of those were on the fluke side. Did we peak too soon, I hope not, I was worried about this game because of our lack of multiple goals lately. It can be done, it will take a lot of heart and a burning desire to advance to Sunday. Lets Go Antz, we really want to see you on the ice come Sunday.

Awards

Posted (edited)

Boys were flat. They had some chances but didnt get the bounces thet needed. Hope they can change that and force game 3.

Refs were horrible, Cook was hooked as he entered the zone but the ref didnt call a penalty until Cook grabbed the stick blade and took it off his waist. I just dont understand what it takes for someone (so close to the play) to make the right call.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

Awards

This team played with zero intensity and skated around like they didn't give a damn.  The officiating had nothing to do with the outcome and had everything to do with our team that had no heart.  That was probably the most pathetic, half a** effort I've ever seen from a Fayetteville hockey team in the playoffs.  Play with that same lack of effort on Thurs night in Pensacola and tonight was the last home game of this season.

• Like 2

Awards

Posted (edited)

Just watched one of the most painful games I have seen. Looked like the first game of the season. Out of sync, a step.behind, bad passing, ZERO shots on goal during one power play, no crashing net, telegraphed shots...no intensity. Someone needs to wake this team up. 

Not sure about bringing guys back at the last minute after a nine game win streak....had to mess with chemistry...hey, Thursday is another game but I am afraid I'll be picking up the golf cart Friday if not....

Edited by FIREANTZICEMAN
  • Like 3

I didn't get to go tonight lack of effort surprises  me we may be done we   had trouble scoring on their huge goalie on their last trip to the crown

Awards

We didn't look like a playoff team on the ice last night. I was shocked how they played. Puck handling was bad. Turnovers was even worse. If they don't wake up, we are done Thursday night.

• Like 1

Awards

Get this win Thursday so we can pack the barn saturday! :crash:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incrediblehoss said:

Get this win Thursday so we can pack the barn saturday! :crash:

I'm Hoping!

Awards

Someone verify this for me… NO CHANGES can be made to the playoff roster once set? No activating of players on IR?

Awards

11 minutes ago, FireAntzArtist said:

Someone verify this for me… NO CHANGES can be made to the playoff roster once set? No activating of players on IR?

Please see MacGuy's 12:35 PM post on 4/11/17 in the Knoxville "roster changes" thread (page 7):

The playoff rosters are "set in stone" so to speak once they are submitted. Any player on IR or called up to a higher league would have been eligible to be put on the list. After the list has been submitted though, the only way it can be changed is if 2 players are lost to injury. Then, a replacement (not subject to the 5 SPHLgame minimum) can be added to the roster with league approval. 

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Please see MacGuy's 12:35 PM post on 4/11/17 in the Knoxville "roster changes" thread (page 7) ...

That'd be the "Roster Moves" thread, Perfessor.  And now turn to Page 666 in your hymnals ... :devil:

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Nothin' better than a good move. Amen.

That would be a good move Amen t.  :crap: