Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antman

DONE

26 posts in this topic

How in the hell do you give up a goal in less than a minute after you tie the game at the end, I am so disappointed tonight, any thoughts as to why the heart was sucked out of this team. Heavily outshot tonight and showed very little pressure on Pensy. Terrible end for a team that showed so much promise. Have a great summer friends, I think I'm going to throw up. I feel so sorry for Bonar, you know he wanted to win, dont know about the rest of them.

3 people like this

Can we say Tony Romo for Coach Bes? Gets us to the playoffs and CHOKES!!!!

1 person likes this

Some might call this crazy for suggesting it but it's time for a coaching change.  Bes career coaching record in the playoffs is 2-11 which includes his time with the Mississippi Surge. Winning 1 playoff series out of 6 isn't very impressive and playoffs are when everything matters.  

1 person likes this

On 3/31/2017 at 9:16 AM, 72Vette said:

I agree and disagree. The player needs to be dealt with but not from this forum. No calling out anyone! If HL wants to pursue this, He/She needs to contact the coach via email.

10 hours ago, antman said:

How in the hell do you give up a goal in less than a minute after you tie the game at the end, I am so disappointed tonight, any thoughts as to why the heart was sucked out of this team. Heavily outshot tonight and showed very little pressure on Pensy. Terrible end for a team that showed so much promise. Have a great summer friends, I think I'm going to throw up. I feel so sorry for Bonar, you know he wanted to win, dont know about the rest of them.

You nailed it with every word there, Antman, especially about Bonar & the rest of the team.  So unbelievably disappointing.  

11 hours ago, antman said:

Any thoughts?  How dare you ask the question that you already know the answer to.  You know hockey and know it very well.  The team didn't want it and it showed.

Congrats to the Ice Flyers......the team that wanted it more and gave more when it counted. No more sob stories from Fayetteville fans please, just suck up the loss and limp home !!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, averagejoe said:

Congrats to the Ice Flyers......the team that wanted it more and gave more when it counted. No more sob stories from Fayetteville fans please, just suck up the loss and limp home !!!

Onward to next season.  We've got a lot to look forward to with the new ownership, better atmosphere at the games and attendance that is going to skyrocket.  With a full off season with the new crew, I've got a really good feeling that next season could very well be the most exciting season of hockey in Fayetteville we've ever had.  The title of the thread is 'done' but I think it's more like 'We've only just began!'

6 people like this

10 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Some might call this crazy for suggesting it but it's time for a coaching change.  Bes career coaching record in the playoffs is 2-11 which includes his time with the Mississippi Surge. Winning 1 playoff series out of 6 isn't very impressive and playoffs are when everything matters.  

5 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Onward to next season.  We've got a lot to look forward to with the new ownership, better atmosphere at the games and attendance that is going to skyrocket.  With a full off season with the new crew, I've got a really good feeling that next season could very well be the most exciting season of hockey in Fayetteville we've ever had.  The title of the thread is 'done' but I think it's more like 'We've only just began!'

With or without the coach. Should he Bes be gone?

5 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

,,, The title of the thread is 'done' but I think it's more like 'We've only just began!'

@APH: Way to dodge the copyright infringement claims from Roger Nichols & Paul Williams ...

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Just saw on FB live Bes will be back for the 17-18 season. MacNaught and Nathan were on a radio show this morning.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Should Bes be gone?  Absolutely!  The guy can't field a winning team in the playoffs.  

4 hours ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

Just saw on FB live Bes will be back for the 17-18 season. MacNaught and Nathan were on a radio show this morning.

Yeaj, nevermind his lack of success in the playoffs.  Ugh!  Oh well,  I'll still root for the team and hopefully we finally find playoff success.

KMac didn't say for SURE that Bes would be back. He did say he may have other offers, which I don't doubt. If Bes does move on, I am sure that with the hockey connections that Longo and Norris have, it'll be fine. Stay tuned....

2 people like this

On 4/14/2017 at 7:13 AM, AfghanPiehole said:

Piehole, i talk a lot of crap on here but you hit it on the head Bes  is gone was told to leave on his on Sat. or be fire.Heard this from a big sponsor.

12 hours ago, FireAntzArtist said:

KMac didn't say for SURE that Bes would be back. He did say he may have other offers, which I don't doubt. If Bes does move on, I am sure that with the hockey connections that Longo and Norris have, it'll be fine. Stay tuned....

Longo has already hired a coach when Bes was told to leave or be fire Sat.

15 minutes ago, puckcounter said:

I heard it was either Bechard or Craigen.

16 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I heard it was either Bechard or Craigen.

WRONG YOU WILL FIND OUT SOON FRIEND OF OWNERS.

Posted (edited)

Please say they  hired John Tortorella...please please please !!!

Edited by averagejoe
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, puckcounter said:

He still had to submit the protected list.....it's his job to do so.....if he left Saturday, then he must of made the decisions quickly.

3 hours ago, averagejoe said:

Is this a serious curiosity or just mere fantasy? If you are referring to the coach that leads the Columbus Blue Jackets, I really do not think he will breach his current contract where he is making at least $2,000,000 a year for a low-level minor league hockey team. For 1, he is still under an NHL contract which I am sure will prohibit any formal discussions for future coaching (big league lawyers know what they are doing when drafting contracts). Also, he would not take that kind of pay cut just to coach, unless he was not hired by anyone in the NHL, AHL or ECHL once his contract is expired. I can almost assure that no real SPHL can afford that kind of money he would at least expect anyways. 

7 hours ago, puckcounter said:

Puck who is it this time for the Fireantz?  Scotty Bowman?

2 hours ago, PeeDeePride said:

Is this a serious curiosity or just mere fantasy? If you are referring to the coach that leads the Columbus Blue Jackets, I really do not think he will breach his current contract where he is making at least $2,000,000 a year for a low-level minor league hockey team. For 1, he is still under an NHL contract which I am sure will prohibit any formal discussions for future coaching (big league lawyers know what they are doing when drafting contracts). Also, he would not take that kind of pay cut just to coach, unless he was not hired by anyone in the NHL, AHL or ECHL once his contract is expired. I can almost assure that no real SPHL can afford that kind of money he would at least expect anyways. 

Hey PEEDEE...CHILL will ya, do you not recognize a good laugh once in a while. Your rookie status is starting to show in this chat room. I was just making fun or Torts explosive way with officials and the media and would love to see him in Faytown....would be worth the price of admission and would probably fill some empty seats, so just chill pal.

6 hours ago, averagejoe said:

It could happen.  He played for us way back in 1984-86.  Got his coaching start in roanoke and won a championship his first year in 86-87.  Maybe he wants a sphl championship to add to his collection.  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=5440

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It would be entertaining to have him coach, but according to PeeDee we should not even refer to this in a joking manner !!! OOPS !!

Edited by averagejoe

15 hours ago, averagejoe said:

Hey PEEDEE...CHILL will ya, do you not recognize a good laugh once in a while. Your rookie status is starting to show in this chat room. I was just making fun or Torts explosive way with officials and the media and would love to see him in Faytown....would be worth the price of admission and would probably fill some empty seats, so just chill pal.

Okay I was not being disrespectful. And rookie status? What does that have to do with anything as far as what I said. I did specifically ask if that was a real question or just wishful thinking.