Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snakezzz

Snakes ousted by Macon

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In a hard played game that was won by the better team tonight. Macon knocks Columbus out of the playoffs

Columbus made one heck of a showing for a team that was not even supposed to be here after a tumultuous

year. Only negatives is this was probably the worse officiating in tonight's game than  any of the three and it

was bad both ways and very inconsistent!! Macon showed why they won the regular season championship.

Here's hoping for hockey in Columbus in 2017-2018 season. 

Edited by Snakezzz
3 people like this

We did great! Better than expected against a great #1 Macon team. I have been a Snakes fan for many, many years. I even moderated this forum for quite a while. I'm saddened to lose a great local franchise. Columbus was a model organization for a long time. The bad news is, that all I'm hearing is that we have seen the last Columbus Cottonmouths game. Not any realistic or serious potential buyers outside of relocating parts of our organization to the Birmingham Bulls. Time will tell

Not the way JB wanted to end the season, but realistically was there any other way, we barely squeaked into the playoffs and were the 2nd lowest goal scoring team in the league. Again we had some scheduling luck, we had to win the last two games of the season and who did we wind up playing? The worst team in the league.....TWICE!! Once we got in, we had even more scheduling luck, playing all three games of a three game playoff series on your home ice!! However, It would have taken a miracle to advance and beat a team like Macon, although they played well the better team is moving on, It's sad that Columbus faces the prospect of not having hockey next year.

I know JB will work his butt off until every possibility is exhausted, for the sake of the great fans in Columbus, I truly hope buyers step up and purchase the franchise.

I pray for more hockey in Columbus

9 hours ago, sniper said:

I pray for more hockey in Columbus

We all (well, except for maybe just a few) hope that there will be continued SPHL hockey in Columbus, GA

1 person likes this

Word on street last night at the Huntsville game was that the Cottonmouths were more than likely going to become the Bulls unless a new owner is found by end of May and that the Riverkings may be in a battle at the Landers Center with the new NBDL team that is moving in and paying them over 2 million a year to play in the arena.  Things are getting tough for teams in certain areas, but also kept hearing more talk of this team in the Del/Mar/Va area coming on board next season, but I don't see that happening, we will just have to see what develops.

12 hours ago, SASRACE said:

Word on street last night at the Huntsville game was that the Cottonmouths were more than likely going to become the Bulls unless a new owner is found by end of May and that the Riverkings may be in a battle at the Landers Center with the new NBDL team that is moving in and paying them over 2 million a year to play in the arena.  Things are getting tough for teams in certain areas, but also kept hearing more talk of this team in the Del/Mar/Va area coming on board next season, but I don't see that happening, we will just have to see what develops.

Thanks SASRACE for the information, I would suspect that the venue the Snakes plays in is a big drawback for potential buyers, the arena they play in is way too big and expensive in terms of leasing, its why a lot of minor league teams fail, costly lease with the owner/city for a venue that seats 10-12,000 fans and the team only draws 1,800. In the end, the math doesn't add up, if they could find a way too reduce the overhead to the arena, that would help save literally 10's of thousands per year.

2 people like this