10Antz18Life33

Antz Protected List

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, next on the agenda is "end of season" interviews and the protected list. 

I know we had a great regular season, but an awful post season. Though everyone prefers to keep one goalie protected, I would choose to protect 2. Antz rode Bonar most of the season and we had a few capable backups, but 2 left to play overseas. That being said I have two senarios for my thoughts.

List

1. Bonar - A shoe-in for GOTY and MVP.

2. Thompson - Kevin Swider Award winner (60 pts).

3. Hauswirth - lead league in goals (31), 3rd in pts (52). Did well on faceoffs.

4. Drobot - Definitely upped his pt production (2 seasons total 8 pts. This season - 12 pts)

5. Porter - Keep him on a line with Thompson and he plays very well. I know he is a good player.

6. Horn - 13 pts in 15 games.

7. Kalisz - 18 goals and 17 assists....has ability to score. Should be better in 2nd season.

8. Fleurent - 2 goals in 4 games (during season). He has potential, if kept, he should have a good FULL season.

9. Chaumont - 22 goals and 23 assists, 45 pts in 46 games.

10. Rivait - Good defenseman, 21 pts, +13

11. Strukoff - Good stick in defensive end. Best defenseman on the team.

12. Robertson - 22 assists, +14

13. *Green  - Antz needed a quality back-up. I believe they found one. 2-1-0 record since joining.

What are your thoughts??

* - for those who don't like protecting two goalies, I'd probably replace with Shapiro. He did score crucial goals, and was a good defenseman.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 4/14/2017 at 7:02 PM, 10Antz18Life33 said:

Well, next on the agenda is "end of season" interviews and the protected list. 

I know we had a great regular season, but an awful post season. Though everyone prefers to keep one goalie protected, I would choose to protect 2. Antz rode Bonar most of the season and we had a few capable backups, but 2 left to play overseas. That being said I have two senarios for my thoughts.

List

1. Bonar - A shoe-in for GOTY and MVP.

2. Thompson - Kevin Swider Award winner (60 pts).

3. Hauswirth - lead league in goals (31), 3rd in pts (52). Did well on faceoffs.

4. Drobot - Definitely upped his pt production (2 seasons total 8 pts. This season - 12 pts)

5. Porter - Keep him on a line with Thompson and he plays very well. I know he is a good player.

6. Horn - 13 pts in 15 games.

7. Kalisz - 18 goals and 17 assists....has ability to score. Should be better in 2nd season.

8. Fleurent - 2 goals in 4 games (during season). He has potential, if kept, he should have a good FULL season.

9. Chaumont - 22 goals and 23 assists, 45 pts in 46 games.

10. Rivait - Good defenseman, 21 pts, +13

11. Strukoff - Good stick in defensive end. Best defenseman on the team.

12. Robertson - 22 assists, +14

13. *Green  - Antz needed a quality back-up. I believe they found one. 2-1-0 record since joining.

What are your thoughts??

* - for those who don't like protecting two goalies, I'd probably replace with Shapiro. He did score crucial goals, and was a good defenseman.

I like your list...I kind of liked campanga or whatever his name was...but we shall see how much interest each player has in a couple of weeks when people start talking about exit interviews. :nhl2:

Edited by incrediblehoss

It's a good list and I'm one that would not take up a slot for a BUG. Keep in mind that players that did not get put on the protected list may still end up on the roster by turning down other teams that want to return. Just like what Hoss said, It all depends on the exit interviews. I'll bet that some will jump to the European league next season. Of course a handful will try out for the ECHL. Not sure if Bobby Chaumont was planning on retiring but that may change also.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, 72Vette said:

It's a good list and I'm one that would not take up a slot for a BUG. Keep in mind that players that did not get put on the protected list may still end up on the roster by turning down other teams that want to return. Just like what Hoss said, It all depends on the exit interviews. I'll bet that some will jump to the European league next season. Of course a handful will try out for the ECHL. Not sure if Bobby Chaumont was planning on retiring but that may change also.

I was contemplating Chaumont on the list for the same reason. Green is capable of being a quality backup. His stats are good, 12-5-4...2-1-0 in Fay.....doesnt sound like an ebug.....Im putting him on the list because Im sure the Antz dont want to be in the same shoes they were in last year. 1 goalie signed to a full contract 3\4's of the season.

1 minute ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

I was contemplating Chaumont on the list for the same reason. Green is capable of being a quality backup. His stats are good, 12-5-4...2-1-0 in Fay.....doesnt sound like an ebug.....Im putting him on the list because Im sure the Antz dont want to be in the same shoes they were in last year. 1 goalie signed to a full contract 3\4's of the season.

I didn't say EBUG but good numbers for a BUG.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

I Im sure the Antz dont want to be in the same shoes they were in last year. 

I'm sure they all want new skates, too.

10 hours ago, 72Vette said:

I didn't say EBUG but good numbers for a BUG.

Im sorry about that. I totally read it wrong and took me a second to understand what the abbreviation was. 

I don't think we will see Bonar, Thompson or Rivait back next season or Horn they are too good not to move up Porter not bad but a little slow

Rivait and Harcharik headed to Australia to play, but on different teams. Irony is their first games there are against each other. LOL

1 person likes this

On 4/19/2017 at 0:10 AM, FireAntzArtist said:

Rivait and Harcharik headed to Australia to play, but on different teams. Irony is their first games there are against each other. LOL

Just decided to check the league site.  

www.theaihl.com

Sydney Bears play the Sydney Ice Dogs their first game. Rivait is on the Bears and will be teammates with Roanoke's Jackson Brewer. Harcharik is on Newcastle Northstars roster, who play the Adelaide Adrenaline. Both games are on Saturday, April 22nd. They will, however, play each other on April 29th.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

That's a solid line up, I remember the names Bonar, Drobot and Shapiro when you came to Roanoke. Those guys gave us a tough time early in the season when we just couldn't get one over on you. Wish you guys well because I think we will have a good rivalry brewing next season. This year not so much but there was no team we wanted to beat more than Fayetteville. What happened in the playoffs?

5 hours ago, Soulmiser said:

That's a solid line up, I remember the names Bonar, Drobot and Shapiro when you came to Roanoke. Those guys gave us a tough time early in the season when we just couldn't get one over on you. Wish you guys well because I think we will have a good rivalry brewing next season. This year not so much but there was no team we wanted to beat more than Fayetteville. What happened in the playoffs?

From the 3 game trip to Peoria through the playoffs the offense wasnt what it use to be. Its the wrong time of the year to have a bad streak. The last 5 games of the season we went 1-3-1.....

Another name we might want to protect, Andrew Hare. If he decides not to play in Europe next season the Antz owns his rights. Sean Bonar may get picked up by the ECHL next season. He's as good if not a little better than Sean.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Another name we might want to protect, Andrew Hare. If he decides not to play in Europe next season the Antz owns his rights. Sean Bonar may get picked up by the ECHL next season. He's as good if not a little better than Sean.

I agree, he is a good goalie. If Chaumont is retiring, I'd probably select Hare. What if we protect him, he comes back and decides to leave us again mid-season??

13 minutes ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

I agree, he is a good goalie. If Chaumont is retiring, I'd probably select Hare. What if we protect him, he comes back and decides to leave us again mid-season??

The same could go for anyone trying out for the ECHL. The only difference they will return if not picked up. Hare would be worth protecting. He's playing in a higher league in Europe. That's a chance you take I guess.

43 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

6 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

The same could go for anyone trying out for the ECHL. The only difference they will return if not picked up. Hare would be worth protecting. He's playing in a higher league in Europe. That's a chance you take I guess.

What ever gave you that Hare-brained idea?