Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

mitchg73

Coaching. Change?

12 posts in this topic

What's does everyone think,hasn't he had enough time to build a winning team,one that can win 1 playoff series it even. A game.I love the guy and he's done a lot for the bears but I just think it's that time.

He won a championship, so if he leaves it on his terms.

He won a championship as head coach? What season?

Too many roster changes either through injuries, call ups, and undisciplined play. The wheels fell off all at once and this team never recovered. 

Coaching change may be in order but I think the situation can still be salvaged.

I'm tired of mediocrity every season,yes they are always physical and entertaining but you have to win as well.I just think a change would be good just my opinion.

9 minutes ago, mitchg73 said:

He won a championship as head coach? What season?

2015 - just 2 years ago.

Also, 2nd round of the Playoffs in 2012, 2013, 2014.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pat007 said:

Too many roster changes either through injuries, call ups, and undisciplined play. The wheels fell off all at once and this team never recovered. 

Coaching change may be in order but I think the situation can still be salvaged.

Totally agreed very undiscplined.I never understood why he kept vandergunst,especially with his last,and with billet getting a DUI.just think he's maybe a lil to buddy buddy with the players he's the coach.not a friend ...i don't know i guess if everyone likes what they are seeing every season,barely squeezing in the playoffs and a quick exit then let him stick around

Thanks macguy and speed for got that for some reason..like i said i love the coach and what he had done for the team.i just think a change would be better just an opinion

Agreed Mac guy he has actually done fairly well.but like I said i just think a change would work ,again just my opinion.why did dodd start tonight? Anyone know no confidence in wells if not then why keep the kid all season?

11 hours ago, mitchg73 said:

.just think he's maybe a lil to buddy buddy with the players he's the coach.not a friend ...i don't know i guess if everyone likes what they are seeing every season,barely squeezing in the playoffs and a quick exit then let him stick around

OMG, sounds like the same criticism of Bechard and Bes.

Posted (edited)

It may be time for some new ideas in Knoxville, just like Bechard in Columbus.  Both Craigen and Bechard have worked on making this league as to what it is today and i do respect them for what they have done over the years, both hard nosed players and coaches as well but it is like anything in the world now a days you need new ideas and new ways of thinking to compete

Edited by SASRACE
  • Like 2

Awards

1 hour ago, SASRACE said:

It may be time for some new ideas in Knoxville, just like Bechard in Columbus.  Both Craigen and Bechard have worked on making this league as to what it is today and i do respect them for what they have done over the years, both hard nosed players and coaches as well but it is like anything in the world now a days you need new ideas and new ways of thinking to compete

There you go!

Bechard TO Knoxville...Craigen TO Columbirminghamvilleton.

Finkle IS Einhorn...Einhorn IS Finkle...

• Like 2