Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

SASRACE

SEASON TICKETS

19 posts in this topic

I just saw on Twitter season tickets for Riverkings, I my be late to the party but this is a good sign that they will be back in 2017/18.  We need to keep all our franchises and hope somebody helps Columbus and the Birmingham team is another team not just one moving to Birmingham

Awards

6 minutes ago, SASRACE said:

I just saw on Twitter season tickets for Riverkings, I my be late to the party but this is a good sign that they will be back in 2017/18.  We need to keep all our franchises and hope somebody helps Columbus and the Birmingham team is another team not just one moving to Birmingham

U might wanna read the "Return of the Bulls \Death of the Cottonmouths" topic......mentions Berchard being at the Baron's (Birmingham baseball team) "hockey night" last Saturday....

Awards

1 hour ago, SASRACE said:

I just saw on Twitter season tickets for Riverkings, I my be late to the party but this is a good sign that they will be back in 2017/18. ...

I'd characterize it as a hopeful sign ... especially for those fans who haven't seen a considerable number of minor pro hockey teams do the same thing in the past & still end up moving or folding.  :unsure:

On 4/24/2017 at 8:08 PM, JMC-STL said:

I'd characterize it as a hopeful sign ... especially for those fans who haven't seen a considerable number of minor pro hockey teams do the same thing in the past & still end up moving or folding.  :unsure:

You're looking for the phrase "sure sign," in this particular case.

• Like 1

Awards

7 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

Definitely not a "sure sign" by any stretch of the imagination. I know several people who were left holding season tickets for the sophomore season for the Roanoke Vipers and that second season never happened.

8 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

In minor pro hockey, "sure signs" arrive just as the final horn of the final regularly scheduled game of any given season sounds.  Witness the Augusta Lynx, the Fresno Falcons, the San Francisco Bulls, ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vicvegas said:

Definitely not a "sure sign" by any stretch of the imagination. I know several people who were left holding season tickets for the sophomore season for the Roanoke Vipers and that second season never happened.

8 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

In minor pro hockey, "sure signs" arrive just as the final horn of the final regularly scheduled game of any given season sounds.  Witness the Augusta Lynx, the Fresno Falcons, the San Francisco Bulls, ...

This employee of the Mississippi RiverKings Hockey Club says it's a sure sign. Blind speculation helps no one.

• Like 2

Awards

1 hour ago, YELDARBfield said:

This employee of the Mississippi RiverKings Hockey Club says it's a sure sign. Blind speculation helps no one.

No one's blindly speculating on anything. We are merely saying that season tickets being sold are not a sure sign that the season will happen, see my Roanoke Vipers example. The puck dropping to start the season does not guarantee a full season, see JMCs examples. Anything can happen, we here in Roanoke had a team fold (the Roanoke Valley Rampage) because the arena roof collapsed under the weight of 16 inches of snow, although that team was well on its way to folding anyway. I'm pretty sure the Rampage still hold several negative ECHL records. I for one was not speculating on anything, I had no idea there was any concern for the future of the RiverKings.

This RiverKings season ticket holder has complete faith in the word YELDARBfield. Could shifting of New Madrid fault cause an earthquake and divert the Mississippi River through the Landers Center? I guess. But natural disasters are a risk to any arena. And, God forbid, a worse bus accident could instantly end ANY team's season. Other than that, I have see no reason to worry.  My season tickets are bought and paid for. I'm confident the Kings will be there and God willing so will I. This was the 25th season of hockey for the RiverKings. I'm looking forward to 26!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tmwrk7 said:

... My season tickets are bought and paid for. I'm confident the Kings will be there and God willing so will I. This was the 25th season of hockey for the RiverKings. I'm looking forward to 26!!!

Can I trade in one of my commemorative 25th anniversary RiverKings T-shirts for a 26th season model?  Maybe something to match my eyes.  :blink:

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Can I trade in one of my commemorative 25th anniversary RiverKings T-shirts for a 26th season model?  Maybe something to match my eyes.  :blink:

• Like 1

Awards

Why?  :dontgetit:

8 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Every new season is a reason to celebrate in this business.  Or maybe this is the logo left over from last summer, when the printer couldn't read someone's handwriting.  :happens:

• Like 1

Who commemorates anniversaries that aren't multiples of 5 or 10 - except maybe married couples?

What I want to know is - will that be the logo on the front of their primary jerseys?

2 hours ago, MacGuy said:

... What I want to know is - will that be the logo on the front of their primary jerseys?

Doubt it.  The 25-year logo was just a marketing & branding graphic.  Their primary logo was this, and IMO it's too sharp looking to replace ...

332070762016.gif

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 8:19 PM, MacGuy said:

Who commemorates anniversaries that aren't multiples of 5 or 10 - except maybe married couples?

What I want to know is - will that be the logo on the front of their primary jerseys?

The only example I know of was the old Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies with their 4th (final season) anniversary logo & merchandise. It brought speculation from the start that it was a money grab before the team when under. Image result for atlantic city boardwalk bullies IV  jersey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimO said:

The only example I know of was the old Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies with their 4th (final season) anniversary logo & merchandise. It brought speculation from the start that it was a money grab before the team when under. ...

Or maybe the "IV" was simply for keeping the franchise comfortable in its final days ...  1sm325hospital.gif

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 10:32 AM, MacGuy said:

Sorry, been away from the boards for the weekend. Please note the date on that Instagram post...

• Like 1

Awards

Gotcha! :thumbsup2: