antman

Antz to hold Press Conference - May 12th

35 posts in this topic

Were the new team colors announced today

Awards

42 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

The Fayetteville Marksmen - I like it.

Agreed.

I saw a few people posting during the feed said they didn't like it - "horrible" even. Obviously, it's homage to the largest population military base in the world and possibly a reference to the marksmanship competition held there every year. Good call.

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, antman said:

Were the new team colors announced today

I would assume that the tan and olive drab in the background of the logo are the new colors

12 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Agreed.

I saw a few people posting during the feed said they didn't like it - "horrible" even. Obviously, it's homage to the largest population military base in the world and possibly a reference to the marksmanship competition held there every year. Good call.

Not gonna be a favorite among the PC crowd.

Awards

This is what it's all about:

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime. To not only own a professional hockey team, but to provide the people of Fayetteville a real community asset,” owner Chuck Norris noted. “And we wanted a name that paid homage to the history of this town, and Fort Bragg, which is home to many of the elite fighting soldiers in the world.”

The logo, which features a Carolina Red Fox with an “M” in his forehead above the blocked words “Marksmen” also carries significance to the team, and the community of Fayetteville.

“The fox identifies with the Marksmen, as it is indigenous to the area, but is also wild, cagy, and ferocious-characteristics showcased on the ice. And, much like the team, the fox exhibits a softer, cuddly side for kids, school events, and non-profit atmospheres,” team President Jeff Longo said. “With the community involvement, our mascot will be a role model for kids in Fayetteville, and help bring attention to fundraising initiatives and provide entertainment at every game.”

And here is the artwork:

Marksmen_banner.png

Marksmen_logo.png

In response to those on the feed who said their kids would hate to see Anthony go away, I can see kids warming up to the "cuddly" fox mascot easier than a fireant.

1 person likes this

I like the name change and logo. GO MARKSMEN!

1 person likes this

Awards

3 hours ago, whitemamba16 said:

I like the name change and logo. GO MARKSMEN!

Shoot for the top!

22 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Shoot for the top!

Or in the case of your avatar: "Don't shoot 'til we see the whites of your eyes ..."

smile-wait-for-flash.jpg

LOVE THIS NEW REBRAND! Logo is really awesome and the team name is patriotic!

Awards