Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

johncena

Protection List

25 posts in this topic

Hey y'all when do the protection lists come out? And who would you protect ? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, johncena said:

Since playoffs are over and the Snakes delimma is settled, it will probably be this week or sometime next week. Following should be Birmingham's expansion draft.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33
  • Like 1

Awards

On 5/3/2017 at 5:40 PM, johncena said:

According to Eminem protected lists were due today.

Awards

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, johncena said:

FWIW, Sam Ftorek spoke to the Roanoke Booster Club tonight and said they were due Friday at 3:00

Awards

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

FWIW, Sam Ftorek spoke to the Roanoke Booster Club tonight and said they were due Friday at 3:00

Good. I see Eminian has announced Peoria's 13 man list. Haven't seen any other team announce yet.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33
  • Like 1

Awards

36 minutes ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

Good. I see Eminian has announced Peoria's 13 man lists. Havenet seen any 9ther team announce yet.

That's interesting.  Sam was talking about this upcoming Friday.  Even mentioned he was waiting on some updates from particular players with regards to future plans.

Awards

1 hour ago, Roanokehockey said:

That's interesting.  Sam was talking about this upcoming Friday.  Even mentioned he was waiting on some updates from particular players with regards to future plans.

Eminian has the article on his twitter and I took a picture of it. This photo is to large to post.

Awards

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

Eminian has the article on his twitter and I took a picture of it. This photo is to large to post.

That's interesting.  Here's the link to the story you referenced.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170508/rivermen-set-protected-roster-list-prep-for-sphl-expansion-draft

It wouldn't make sense for Peoria to release their protected list early, but there's also no reason for Sam to say they were due on Friday if they weren't.

Oh well, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Edited by Roanokehockey
  • Like 1

Awards

1 hour ago, vicvegas said:

The sin bin now has a page for off season transactions and right now Peoria is the only team with a protested list posted 

http://thesinbin.net/2017-sphl-transactions/?utm_content=bufferd2b3b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#1494346083600-9a7f69bc-d55f

I was just about to post this link as well. I been at the beach all afternoon and just got home. Thanks for the help.

Awards

The SPHL Forum has done the same. Not sure if someone will step up and track it this off season?

Awards

We watch for topical stories to post every day - particularly when it gets slow around here.

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2017 at 4:22 PM, 10Antz18Life33 said:

I was just about to post this link as well. I been at the beach all afternoon and just got home. Thanks for the help.

Lists are out cant share who is on it yet, but good crop for knoxville. Guessing they will release monday.

Edited by johncena

I'm guessing:

Flegel, Hale, Metcalfe

Manno, Scott, Sandler, Rivera, Reid, Cesarz, Bonazza, Pustin, Hertz, Neugold

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

I'm guessing:

Flegel, Hale, Metcalfe

Manno, Scott, Sandler, Rivera, Reid, Cesarz, Bonazza, Pustin, Hertz, Neugold

Pretty much bang on, that is it.

32 minutes ago, johncena said:

Pretty much bang on, that is it.

I think that makes the most sense.  He has no goalies worth protecting, and Billett is a risk/PR problem.  Plow is injured all the time and wouldn't be selected, and he's unlikely to go anywhere else.  Price has too many games played and is on league suspension, so he's a risk for Birmingham.  The two rookie forwards weren't that good.  McNeil is a disaster that plays on losing teams consistently (that's not a coincidence).

I think Knoxville doesn't even keep many of the ones they protect.  I bet they trade Sandler, Hale, and possibly more (Scott) for a different style team.

The Ice Bears Protected List for the 2017-18 season was made official Friday, just not released in public channels.

The list has found it's way to the Sin Bin Off Season Player Tracker page and matches the guesses posted above.

That leaves the following members of our 2017 Playoffs roster available for the Birmingham Expansion Draft:

Dylan Wells (G)

Greg Dodds (G)

John Rey (D)

Scott Witmyer (RW)

Jackson Leef (C)

Robbie Donahoe (D)

Mike Economos (RW)

Kyle McNeil (RW)

Mitch Vandergunst (RW)

7 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

That leaves the following members of our 2017 Playoffs roster available for the Birmingham Expansion Draft:

Dylan Wells (G)

Greg Dodds (G)

John Rey (D)

Scott Witmyer (RW)

Jackson Leef (C)

Robbie Donahoe (D)

Mike Economos (RW)

Kyle McNeil (RW)

Mitch Vandergunst (RW)

I forgot about Donahoe.  That one surprises me a bit, but I assume he indicated he was either heading to the ECHL or retiring.

Disappointing to see Hale and Metcalfe. Other than that not a bad protected list 

Awards

10 hours ago, JustinIceBears said:

Disappointing to see Hale and Metcalfe. Other than that not a bad protected list 

Had to keep some defensemen, and they are the hardest position to find good players in this league.  I suspect Metcalfe was kept for toughness, and Hale used to be good.  He regressed terribly later in the year.  It's a good thing John Rey was on the team so it made Hale look competent.  With a new coach, I suspect Hale improves.  If not, he's trade bait.  I hope Witmyer makes it somewhere.  He had no business on one of our top lines, but he hustles.  He needs a place somewhere on some team.

I suspect with a new coach, this list won't mean much.  I bet 90% of the roster is shaken up, and these guys may or may not be used to pick up pieces.

3 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

.  He needs a place somewhere on some team.

I suppose you could say that about almost every player, or even everyone in life.

1 minute ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I suppose you could say that about almost every player, or even everyone in life.

Aaron Hernandez?

8 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Aaron Hernandez?

I heard he is on fire in the league down below :yikes:

Awards

10 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

I heard he is on fire in the league down below :yikes:

Surprising!  Heard they have soft ice and the puck rolls on edge a lot.