Bullsman

Head Coach?

50 posts in this topic

So I'm out of the loop when it comes to current coach candidates, but who would be a good coach for the New Bulls?

Jerome Bechard, recent Cottonmouths GM and Head Coach, former Bulls player, is expected to become head coach.

Awards

24 minutes ago, ChompNation said:

Jerome Bechard, recent Cottonmouths GM and Head Coach, former Bulls player, is expected to become head coach.

If this happens couldnt he just bring all Columbus players with h8m instead of holding the draft? Well if he is and does the draft he can get some of the better players he didnt have. Depends on what the6 want to do I guess.

Awards

I suspect  if he coaches the Bulls, the Snakes will not be back in '18-19, just a hunch, but can't see him putting the needed effort into finding owners, negotiating with them and league during the season when he is coaching.

I hope he doesn't bring all the players from Columbus, utilize the expansion draft, get fresh blood to play for JB and change what went wrong this year in Columbus!!

Awards

8 hours ago, 10Antz18Life33 said:

If this happens couldnt he just bring all Columbus players with h8m instead of holding the draft? Well if he is and does the draft he can get some of the better players he didnt have. Depends on what the6 want to do I guess.

51 minutes ago, sniper said:

I suspect  if he coaches the Bulls, the Snakes will not be back in '18-19, just a hunch, but can't see him putting the needed effort into finding owners, negotiating with them and league during the season when he is coaching.

I hope he doesn't bring all the players from Columbus, utilize the expansion draft, get fresh blood to play for JB and change what went wrong this year in Columbus!!

By what dave eminian says about the sphl.  The whole columbus roster will be available for the draft but just like every other team only 2 players are allowed to be taken.  The rest not taken will become free agents.

1 person likes this

Awards

Jean-Guy Trudel?

46 minutes ago, fred said:

Scotty Bowmen

Is that a group of canine archers from Scotland?  :dontgetit:  :dawg2:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Word is that they will announce the head coach on Thursday at 2pm central/3pm eastern.

If I were making picks for the draft Id pick Bruce and Bathgate off Columbus if Id take 2 from snakes.

Edited by 10Antz18Life33

Awards

They posted on FB that they are selling all the Cottonmouths merchandise AND all the players' equipment. Maybe a name, design, or color change if they DO find a way to come back for 2018-19 season? Time will tell.

1 person likes this

Awards

4 minutes ago, FireAntzArtist said:

... Maybe a name, design, or color change if they DO find a way to come back for 2018-19 season? ...

Or maybe liquidating real assets, as is typical of a company going out of business.  Or maybe seeking cash to cover other shutdown expenses.  Or maybe several other things that our biz-savvy members can add to the possible explanations.

I think they would make more money selling cold beer than they will selling stinky hockey equipment.

Bechard may very well be announced as Coach but he was in the process, if the Snakes had survived, of turning over the coaching duties to Orrin Hergott. I guess if you need a job ...

17 hours ago, fred said:

I think they would make more money selling cold beer than they will selling stinky hockey equipment.

They weren't making any money selling tickets and cold beer, hence why they are now selling stinky hockey equipment (the only remaining valuable assets of the corporation) to pay off whatever of the remaining debts they can and wind up the business organization.

If Bechard is named head coach of the Bulls, the Snakes are almost certainly done forever.

Awards

28 minutes ago, Harlan said:

If Bechard is named head coach of the Bulls, the Snakes are almost certainly done forever.

Not necessarily. Bechard leaving may be one of the better things that happens to this organization (if indeed the franchise returns in the hopefully near future).

1 person likes this

Well we will know at 2pm central time today from what I hear there has been a press conference called. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Harlan said:

They weren't making any money selling tickets and cold beer, hence why they are now selling stinky hockey equipment (the only remaining valuable assets of the corporation) to pay off whatever of the remaining debts they can and wind up the business organization.

Stinky hockey equipment is "valuable assets"? I stand by my thought that cold beer has far more value than stinky hockey equipment.

58 minutes ago, fred said:

Stinky hockey equipment is "valuable assets"? I stand by my thought that cold beer has far more value than stinky hockey equipment.

Only if you are staging events at which to sell it to the public.

Please, tell us what other assets the Snakes organization has besides hockey equipment at the moment. It's a pretty short list, and beer isn't on it.

1 person likes this

Awards

Jamie Hicks is the new headcoach!!! NO JEROME BECHARD!!!

1 person likes this

Awards

Posted (edited)

That was a PR higher because the Birmingham Hockey fans from the ECHL Bulls most would remember him. He play after Birmingham when they moved to Atlantic City

Edited by Bullsman
spelling

9 hours ago, ublendsowell said:

Jamie Hicks is the new headcoach!!! NO JEROME BECHARD!!!

That is a surprise, does Birmingham have a GM?

Awards

His background is interesting.  He spent a good bit of time around Peterborough.  I think that is where Mike Craigen from the Knoxville IceBears lived and played as a youth.  He recruits heavily from that general region, so I would think this would create a recruiting battle for home turf.

That is near where Craigen is from. But Jamey was already with the Bulls by the time Mike laced up his first pair of OPJHL skates.

Those stats leave off the important stuff:

Roller Hockey
Season  Team                       Lge   GP   G   A   Pts   PIM   +/-
1995      Buffalo Stampede   RHI    7      2   3     5       1      3

Coaching
Season    Team                  Lge    Type
2002-03   Saginaw Spirit   OHL   Assistant
2003-04   Saginaw Spirit   OHL   Assistant

Awards
Year         Lge    Award
1993-94   UHL   Best Defensive Forward

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor