Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Marksmen3519

Kalisz Traded

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not one I would want to lose. :o

Edited by Marksmen119

Awards

Had to fulfill the trade with Pensacola with someone. He will love life on the beach! :IceFlyers:

Awards

Was hoping to see him on the protected list 

• Like 1

Awards

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Hawkeye34 said:

Me too

Edited by Marksmen119

Awards

On 5/15/2017 at 7:23 PM, Hawkeye34 said:

He is on the protected list, just not Fayettevilles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iovnow said:

Which Fayetteville? Apostrophes work wonders. #Grammar

Awards

I would have sent Porter

Awards

15 hours ago, Marksmen119 said:

Ahhhhhhhhh!! Another one coming to the dark side of the P.O. Grammar Police:2thumbsup:

On 5/15/2017 at 5:09 PM, Marksmen119 said:

Not one I would want to lose. :o

Looking back on this trade now it looks like Bes really didnt want to lose him either.

Awards

On 5/16/2017 at 8:52 PM, Iovnow said:

On 5/16/2017 at 9:00 PM, Marksmen119 said:

On 5/17/2017 at 0:15 PM, PlannedObsolescence said:

Ahhhhhhhhh!! Another one coming to the dark side of the P.O. Grammar Police:2thumbsup:

I'm sure his Grammar's proud of him, too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Looking back on this trade now it looks like Bes really didnt want to lose him either.

Yea......some of us Fayetteville faithful think the same thing.....

Edited by Marksmen119

Awards

Posted (edited)

Use a little logic: Pensacola didn't know whether or not Aldoff would return for 2017-18. Aldoff was attempting to complete trades, setting the protected the list, and recruiting as though he would continue to coach in Pensacola. As far as Greg Harris and the Ice Flyers knew, there was a possibility Aldoff would still be here they were not already negotiating with any new coaching candidates.

Also, if there was backdoor dealing: 1) why did it take nearly two weeks to announce Bes as the coach after Rod's departure was announced (ex. when Rod was fired in Norfolk, his replacement was announced immediately); and 2) in order to get his best players to Pensacola, why not trade Thompson to Pensacola?

Edited by Geoff

Awards

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Use a little logic:

Sometimes this is sorely lacking here on these forums.:sad:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Use a little logic: Pensacola didn't know whether or not Aldoff would return for 2017-18. Aldoff was attempting to complete trades, setting the protected the list, and recruiting as though he would continue to coach in Pensacola. As far as Greg Harris and the Ice Flyers knew, there was a possibility Aldoff would still be here they were not already negotiating with any new coaching candidates.

Also, if there was backdoor dealing: 1) why did it take nearly two weeks to announce Bes as the coach after Rod's departure was announced (ex. when Rod was fired in Norfolk, his replacement was announced immediately); and 2) in order to get his best players to Pensacola, why not trade Thompson to Pensacola?

I never said for sure there was backdoor dealing.  I just made a statement.  But on the other side of your argument.  People on here had been posting Bes was out as coach of fayetteville since april and had other offers from teams.  You cant tell me aldoff wouldnt give pensacola a heads up if he was leaving and im sure they knew at the end of the season he possibly would leave for a better job again in the offseason.  So it wouldnt be impossible for them to have a plan b if bes was already gone from fayetteville and a huge chance that aldoff wasnt returning to be coach.  Number 1 of your question.  When aldoff was fired it was in the middle of the season they would have to announce it immediately and hire a coach.  This is the offseason now.  No hurry to have to announce a coach. There were rumors on here for days and maybe over a week or more about carr becoming the head coach of knoxville, which ended up being true.  So knoxville didnt announce their new coach immediately.  Your number 2 question:  Look at thompson stats.  He has played 2 seasons and his first year was nowhere near compared to his 2nd year. 

1st year 56g 5g 18a 23p -3 

2nd year 56g 18g 42a 60p +21

Joe Kalisz was a rookie:

1st year 48g 18g 17a 35p +12

So with my conclusion, Kalisz can only improve and get better just like thompson did on his first to second years.  So in some peoples opinions, kalisz could be considered a better prospect to the future then thompson with more time left to play before veteran status.  Nobody knows how it really went down, but your views are just about as possible as the people who believe there was backdoor dealing.

Awards

Don't be so sure that Kalisz will actually play in Pensacola. Before the announcement of Bes not staying in Fayetteville, many of the protected players were looking to play elsewhere. Kalisz may do the same thing now that Bes will be in Pensacola. Just saying.

Awards

1 hour ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

plan b = bes

Plan 9 poster.jpg

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

You cant tell me aldoff wouldnt give pensacola a heads up if he was leaving and im sure they knew at the end of the season he possibly would leave for a better job again in the offseason.

He most definitely would have and did give the team a heads up. It wasn't necessarily a better job he left for. It was Edmonton wanting him to fulfill the second year of his contract he has with them.

Edited by Geoff

Awards