Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


boothe316

Protected list?

20 posts in this topic

 

Look under SPHL LEAGUE...... is a link that will update as they come out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 

So far only Knoxville & Peoria have announced their list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 
59 minutes ago, Hawkeye34 said:

So far only Knoxville & Peoria have announced their list

Pensacola just announced their list, I imagine the rest won't be far behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Five of the nine teams from last year have now posted their lists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Make that everyone but Huntsville and Roanoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Starting to think we aren't going to protect anybody.  :beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 

Maybe Roanoke just going to start all new..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
 

I have to assume that Sam has some assurances from Hosmer and Jeke that they intend to play for him to have used two of his positions on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
1 hour ago, vicvegas said:

I have to assume that Sam has some assurances from Hosmer and Jeke that they intend to play for him to have used two of his positions on them. 

Hosmer must be coming out of retirement......I was told he retired last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 
8 hours ago, Marksmen119 said:

Hosmer must be coming out of retirement......I was told he retired last year.

Thats a pretty good list if they actually end up playing for us.  A few im surprised is not on there.  Hosmer's social media still showing retired hockey player.  So not sure why he would not report when traded and then change his mind.  I know he was getting married in the offseason.  Maybe he had a change of heart.  But i cant see why Sam would put his name on there unless there is a chance he comes back since there are quite a few others i would have protected.  I cant see Gintoli retiring from hockey.  Then left off is mike driscoll, daniel vernace, captain steve mele, phil bronner, mike donnellan, and cody walsh.  So we left a few with some good talent unprotected.  For our defensemen it looks like we are going to start off new.  With question marks with travis jeke not reporting when traded here last season.  Then travis armstrong spending the end of last season in the echl.  So we could end up with just one defenseman from last years squad.  I sure wish i knew what Sam knows.  But by the list, if everyone reported and actually plays for us. I believe its a pretty good core to build a team from.  Guess we have to wait and see how things play out.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 
1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

Thats a pretty good list if they actually end up playing for us.  A few im surprised is not on there.  Hosmer's social media still showing retired hockey player.  So not sure why he would not report when traded and then change his mind.  I know he was getting married in the offseason.  Maybe he had a change of heart.  But i cant see why Sam would put his name on there unless there is a chance he comes back since there are quite a few others i would have protected.  I cant see Gintoli retiring from hockey.  Then left off is mike driscoll, daniel vernace, captain steve mele, phil bronner, mike donnellan, and cody walsh.  So we left a few with some good talent unprotected.  For our defensemen it looks like we are going to start off new.  With question marks with travis jeke not reporting when traded here last season.  Then travis armstrong spending the end of last season in the echl.  So we could end up with just one defenseman from last years squad.  I sure wish i knew what Sam knows.  But by the list, if everyone reported and actually plays for us. I believe its a pretty good core to build a team from.  Guess we have to wait and see how things play out.  

I was told a few weeks ago by one of the Roanoke fans Colin Murray was retiring....change of heart there too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 

It's actually quite simple why Hosmer would be on your protected list: now if he wants to play, it has to be for Roanoke. They're protecting an asset they acquired but haven't yet gotten a chance to use. If they don't protect him and he decides to play, he can go anywhere (likely Southaven) and the Dawgs get nothing at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's actually quite simple why Hosmer would be on your protected list: now if he wants to play, it has to be for Roanoke. They're protecting an asset they acquired but haven't yet gotten a chance to use. If they don't protect him and he decides to play, he can go anywhere (likely Southaven) and the Dawgs get nothing at all.

I understand that, but if he chooses to not come back we still get nothing and possibly lose another player we could have otherwise protected. If coach thinks he will play I completely agree with the decision to protect him, I just don't agree with protecting him just in case he chooses to come back. That all goes for Jeke as well.

 

ETA: I know Coach Ftorek spent a lot of time talking to players trying to ascertain their intentions for next season, so I don't think this is a just in case situation. My original post was simply saying that I believe Hosmer and Jeke being on the list points to them expressing intentions to play next year.

Edited by vicvegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
On 5/19/2017 at 9:42 PM, Marksmen119 said:

Hosmer must be coming out of retirement......I was told he retired last year.

I just noticed on twitter that at the time around the expansion draft hosmer posted watching the penguins entrance made him miss the game.  Afterwards he posted hash tag #comeback.  Not sure if he was serious or maybe thinking about coming back.  But thought i would post since nothing much to talk about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 
35 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

I just noticed on twitter that at the time around the expansion draft hosmer posted watching the penguins entrance made him miss the game.  Afterwards he posted hash tag #comeback.  Not sure if he was serious or maybe thinking about coming back.  But thought i would post since nothing much to talk about.

I saw that as well. Did you notice his wife's reply? #dontcallitacomeback. As much as I (and probably most fans in Roanoke) would love to see him on the ice here, wifey doesn't want that and I have a feeling in the end she is going to win out. Whatever he decides though, I wish Mr. and Mrs. Hosmer all the best in their future lives together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
14 hours ago, vicvegas said:

I saw that as well. Did you notice his wife's reply? #dontcallitacomeback. As much as I (and probably most fans in Roanoke) would love to see him on the ice here, wifey doesn't want that and I have a feeling in the end she is going to win out. Whatever he decides though, I wish Mr. and Mrs. Hosmer all the best in their future lives together.

Yes, i seen her comment.  But if anything, atleast you got a retweet from her and a like from me!!!  :2thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 
19 hours ago, vicvegas said:

... Did you notice his wife's reply? #dontcallitacomeback. As much as I (and probably most fans in Roanoke) would love to see him on the ice here, wifey doesn't want that and I have a feeling in the end she is going to win out. ...

Not always so easy to interpret a hashtag.  #dontcallitacomeback could mean Mrs. Hosmer believes 2017-18 would simply be Year 6 of a continuing pro career for her darling husband.  If she was dead set against him going back on the ice, why wouldn't she use #letstalk or #considerthatadivorce or #ileftagiftundertheseatofyourcar?  :unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 
5 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Yes, i seen her comment.  But if anything, atleast you got a retweet from her and a like from me!!!  :2thumbsup:

Don't forget the like from Spraggs fiancee, with only 20 followers I have to take all the Twitter fame I can getlmao

28 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Not always so easy to interpret a hashtag.  #dontcallitacomeback could mean Mrs. Hosmer believes 2017-18 would simply be Year 6 of a continuing pro career for her darling husband.  If she was dead set against him going back on the ice, why wouldn't she use #letstalk or #considerthatadivorce or #ileftagiftundertheseatofyourcar?  :unsure:

I hadn't really thought of that possibility but I like the way you think. #imguessingthatgiftisntanewhockeystick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×