Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Roanokehockey

Complete Schedule Released

11 posts in this topic

At first glance, some interesting observations:

Eight of the first nine games are at home. 

During the year, there are seven 3 games in 3 days stretches, which is always tough.

The Dawgs and the Marksmen will get to know each other really well - 13 games between the two teams, while the Dawgs only play 3 games each with Evansville and Birmingham. 

HOME AWAY

Fayetteville 7 6
Knoxville 5 5
Huntsville 2 2
Macon 3 4
Evansville 2 1
Pensacola 2 2
Peoria 2 3
Birmingham 2 1
Mississippi 3 4

Let's Go Dawgs.

http://railyarddawgs.pointstreaksites.com/view/roanokerailyarddawgs/news-1147/news_486836

Awards

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

During the year, there are seven 3 games in 3 days stretches, which is always tough.

There are actually 8 of them. Twice will be back-to-back weekends of 3 games in 3 days.

I think their toughest set of games will be the games slated for the weekend of December 14-16.

December 14th they will be at home versus Birmingham, then
December 15th will have to travel the 469 miles, 7 hour trip to Huntsville, AL, and then
December 16th will have to travel that same distance back to Berglund Center against Mississippi

That is going to be very exhausting.

Edited by SJSharkies4ever

That's messed up.

1 hour ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

There are actually 8 of them. Twice will be back-to-back weekends of 3 games in 3 days.

I think their toughest set of games will be the games slated for the weekend of December 14-16.

December 14th they will be at home versus Birmingham, then
December 15th will have to travel the 469 miles, 7 hour trip to Huntsville, AL, and then
December 16th will have to travel that same distance back to Berglund Center against Mississippi

That is going to be very exhausting.

We had a similar weekend this past January home on Friday, away at Huntsville on Saturday then back home for a MATINEE game on Sunday.

8 minutes ago, vicvegas said:

We had a similar weekend this past January home on Friday, away at Huntsville on Saturday then back home for a MATINEE game on Sunday.

Depending on that Sunday game time, the Dawgs will travel a good 938 miles in a matter of hours. I know the Saturday game in Huntsville will most likely be a 7:00 p.m. CT start, so that would be 8 p.m. here, add about 3 to 3.5 hours to accommodate for game length, showers and board the bus, by 11:30 p.m. should be on the road back to Roanoke for the 7 hour trip back, so they should be arriving back at the arena by 6:40 a.m. Them Dawgs are gunna be tired. They will not get much sleep on that bus.

15 minutes ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

Depending on that Sunday game time, the Dawgs will travel a good 938 miles in a matter of hours. I know the Saturday game in Huntsville will most likely be a 7:00 p.m. CT start, so that would be 8 p.m. here, add about 3 to 3.5 hours to accommodate for game length, showers and board the bus, by 11:30 p.m. should be on the road back to Roanoke for the 7 hour trip back, so they should be arriving back at the arena by 6:40 a.m. Them Dawgs are gunna be tired. They will not get much sleep on that bus.

Yeah, they got back in town around 7am and had to be back on the ice about 2:30ish for pregame warm-up for 3:05 game. I believe the dates you listed are Thursday-Saturday so they will have about 4 extra hours to rest.

1 minute ago, vicvegas said:

Yeah, they got back in town around 7am and had to be back on the ice about 2:30ish for pregame warm-up for 3:05 game. I believe the dates you listed are Thursday-Saturday so they will have about 4 extra hours to rest.

You are correct sir. I do apologize for the oversight. Them boyz are still gunna be tired though.

4 hours ago, vicvegas said:

I wonder if they're making a more concerted effort to push games to the weekends. I would prefer that.

The toughest stretch last season for Evansville was 6 games in 10 nights. Evansville played in Roanoke on Friday, back to Evansville against Macon Saturday & Sunday. Hit the road on Thursday & Saturday in Roanoke then hopped over to Fayetteville for a Sunday afternoon game.

That was following a week where they'd played Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. That had been two at home, two on the road though, so a little easier on the mileage. Maybe not as much on the body ;).

I can't imagine how exhausted those guys must've been.

From looking at the schedules that have been released, it appears the league is definitely trying to keep down travel costs, and possibly encourage more fans traveling to away games. Every schedule that has been released appears to be heavy on the closest opponents and light on the long trips.

Do all of your home games start at 7:05 pm? Knoxville will be there on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

19 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Do all of your home games start at 7:05 pm? Knoxville will be there on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

If they keep the same times as last season, Friday and Saturday games start at 7:05 pm and Sunday games are 3:05 pm.