Fanofdasnakes

Columbus Burn

66 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MacGuy said:

This answers several questions.

Plenty of ifs remain regarding potential hockey team, Fidel Jenkins

Blog by Guerry Clegg - Ledger-Enquirer

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/guerry-clegg/article158043709.html#storylink=cpy

Indeed it does answer some, but I'm still skeptical (let's actually say cautious) but it does sound solid, and I stopped being a Cowboys fan when Landry was given the heave-ho by that micro-managing idiot.

1 hour ago, Speedracer said:

TEKCA2f.gif

Lol!!

tvwkFou.gif

Yeah, tapping into Fort Benning's potential might be the best route - considering how unpopular the history around and before the Civil War is right now.

Maybe the Armor or Ranger units.

Yeah, tapping into Fort Benning's potential might be the best route - considering how unpopular the history around and before the Civil War is right now.

Maybe the Armor or Ranger units.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:30 AM, nightman_34957 said:

I'm just glad we will have hockey. My daughters were gonna make me drive 4 hrs to Huntsville for hockey even though Macon is 2 hrs away. I drive 1 hr just watch hockey in Columbus. They want to stay with an original SPHL team. 

If it takes you 4 hours to get from LaGrange to Huntsville, you're doing it wrong.

Awards

It's amazing to me with all the advice or input about the new potential owner that those that are being  pessimistic did not make an offer to buy the team, they sure do seem to have a lot of input as to how the guy that is spending the money should do it.  Seems to be so much negativity that if I was looking to buy this team and I read these boards, I would probably have second thoughts. Here is my suggestion, right now we have no hockey, no team (with exception of what is being presented), therefore; I am open to look at and support someone wants to invest in our community and bring hockey back in Columbus.  What nobody seems to mention is he said he was open once things move forward in the right direction was willing open to another name, so it seems to me that he wants fan buy in at the end of the day.  I am of the impression we need to sit back and see how things unfold as I would certainly hate to see our potential of having a hockey team go dark. Obviously we choose whether to support a product by spending our hard earned money and buying season tickets or single game tickets, that is our voice and input based upon what product we have been given, but we are not even there yet.  Take a pause, be supportive if you can, the potential of having hockey back in Columbus is a great thing.  

4 people like this

Awards

I agree it's his money and his team (if all things are finalized). Still, it doesn't hurt to offer ideas. 

Besides, who's to say he's even watching these forums?

8 minutes ago, Speedracer said:

Besides, who's to say he's even watching these forums?

:yikes:. Say it ain't so, Speed!

I was told that back in 2005 when we lost the Trax that a former owner was seriously considering restarting a team until he read a post about him on one of the forums. He wasn't going to put up with that crap. We went 10 years without hockey. We drove many a mile to see hockey in Columbus. If everything works out be happy with your team. Burn is about as bad as Trax but let it rest and be thankful you have hockey.

Awards

1 hour ago, maconwinger said:

I was told that back in 2005 when we lost the Trax that a former owner was seriously considering restarting a team until he read a post about him on one of the forums. He wasn't going to put up with that crap. We went 10 years without hockey. We drove many a mile to see hockey in Columbus. If everything works out be happy with your team. Burn is about as bad as Trax but let it rest and be thankful you have hockey.

If someone takes every board or forums post serious.  They probably shouldn't own a team.  No matter how a team is run there is always going to be someone not happy with something. Some people just love starting drama.  Best thing to do is take the post into consideration and see if they have any valid points.  If so try to get the problem solved.  If not let it roll off your back and dont stress over it.  Everyone should be able to take some constuctive critism if your going to own a professional team.

Awards

57 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

If someone takes every board or forums post serious.  They should have their head examined. ...

FIFY, Greg.  Except for the grammar and punctuation and spelling.  I'll leave those to The Perfesser.

1 person likes this

I like it, nice logo and new name, giveways seem a little extreme, but I sure hope the Marksmen have some giveaways as well, tickets, jerseys, t-shirts, etc are a great idea.

Awards

13 minutes ago, SASRACE said:

Interesting perspective - thanks for digging it up.  It does answer (tangentially) Speedracer;s question about Mr. Jenkins' interest in hockey.  With that thread being almost 10 years old, the time elapsed has given Fidel Jenkins the opportunity to sharpen his hockey business skills & focus his strategies.  I hope he can apply those for the good of Columbus hockey fans as well as for his own financial gains.

5 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

If indeed that was the REAL Mr Jenkins posting on http://www.oursportscentral.com, he does read the boards.

Or at least he did back in March of 2008.  Maybe he learned his lesson ... or maybe he just stalks us now ...  :eyes: