Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

RiverKings add two more to roster

8 posts in this topic

RiverKings add two more to roster

By Bob Bakken - Times-Tribune

The Mississippi RiverKings have added two more players to their training camp roster with the return of Ryan Marcuz and the addition of first-year professional player Pijus Rulevicius. 

Marcuz starts his fifth season with the RiverKings after posting a 45-point campaign in 2016-17, which ranked him second on the Mississippi roster. His stat line included 26 goals and 19 assists in 56 appearances, eight power play goals and two shorthanded goals. Marcuz scored the game-winning tally four times and added 35 minutes in the penalty box.

The 24-year-old Rulevicious comes to Southaven with a hockey background in college, junior and international play.

At St. Norbert College, Wisc., Rulevicious scored 41 goals for 84 career points in 116 contests.

Read more at: http://www.desototimes.com/sports/riverkings-add-two-more-to-roster/article_e63473e0-72ee-11e7-983f-27634c7521bd.html

• Like 1

It's great to see Ryan returning. Welcome, Pijus! Puck drop can't come soon enough.

3 hours ago, tmwrk7 said:

... Welcome, Pijus! ...

@tmwrk7; The guy is just signed, and you're already on a first name basis?  Or maybe you couldn't spell his last name.  ;)

Sveiki atvykę!  Lithuania.gif

• Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 9:00 PM, JMC-STL said:

@tmwrk7; The guy is just signed, and you're already on a first name basis?  Or maybe you couldn't spell his last name.  ;)

Sveiki atvykę!  Lithuania.gif

Rulevicius. Perhaps A distant relative of Roger Goodell, a viciOus ruler if there ever was one. 

Edited by tmwrk7

2 hours ago, tmwrk7 said:

Rulevicious. Perhaps A distant relative of Roger Goodell, a vicious ruler if there ever was one. 

Let's not encourage MacGuy's auto-correct to spread this misspelling throughout the hockey world.

Seems odd that Mr. Rulevicius was born in "Warrenville, MI."  Must be a typo in his Elite Prospects profile; I reckon that's "Warrenville, IL" since he played for Chicago Mission & since there is no "Warrenville" in Michigan,  Even more curious that he played for the Lithuanian national junior teams.  Must be a first-gen American.  Bet his proud parents never expected to watch him play in Northwest Mississippi.  :huh:

• Like 2

On 7/27/2017 at 5:45 PM, tmwrk7 said:

... Puck drop can't come soon enough.

A mere 84 days away now.  Mrs. JMC 'n' me will be there to watch it drop right along with you.  :clap:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Let's not encourage MacGuy's auto-correct to spread this misspelling throughout the hockey world.

Hmmm. My auto-correct changed Rulevicious to Rulevicius. Since I did a simple copy -n- paste, it must have originally been spelled that way once in the article.

2 hours ago, MacGuy said:

Hmmm. My auto-correct changed Rulevicious to Rulevicius. Since I did a simple copy -n- paste, it must have originally been spelled that way once in the article.

Yeah, I found it strange that an auto-correct would touch words in copied text.  But I couldn't pass up the chance for a dig.  :P