Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Marksmen3519

Evansville 2017-18 Pre-Season Roster

26 posts in this topic

Green - Re-Signed

Red - Not Returning\Attending other Training Camp

Blue - Vet*

*By SPHL definition, Vets are players who have 224 professional games or more played. Each team is allowed up to 3 vets on their rosters. All 3 vets have to be combined less than 1100 games played.

Protected List

G, Tanner Milliron

D, Dan Cornell

D, Josh Elmes - Signed with Rapid City (ECHL)

DCory Melkert 

DFrank Schumacher

C, Nick D'avolio

RWTommy Fiorentino 

RWAl Graves 

C,  Austin McKay - Signed with Greenville (ECHL)

C, Chase Nieuwendyk

RWMark Petaccio

C, John Scorcia

LWDave Williams 

Unprotected Players

Goalies :

Nick Kohn

Defensemen :

Vytal Cote 

Cole Hutchinson

Bo Driscoll

Robbie Hall 

Forwards :

Justin MacDonald

Ryan Patsch

Brad Cuzner  - Signed with Karhu HT (Suomi-sarja)

Stephon Thorne (V - 268)

Chad Bennett

New Players

DBrandon Lubin - (Former SPHL  Teams : EVV, FAY)

LWDylan Clarke - Indy Fuel (ECHL)

FJackson Leef - Westfield State Univ. (NCAA III)\(Former SPHL Teams : KNOX, PEO)

FBrandon Wahlin - Hamline Univ. (NCAA III)\(Former SPHL Team : PEN)

LWMike Kelly - Umass-Dartmouth (NCAA III)

FDerek Gingera - (Former SPHL Team : COL)

DLee Christensen - Univ. of Manitoba (USports)

DBrendan Mitchell - Nipissing Univ. (USports)

G, Brendan Jensen - Northern AB Inst. of Tech (CCAA)

FMike Fazio - Univ. of Wisconsin-River Falls (NCAA III)

FMelvin Nichols - Ludvika HF (Divison2)

D\FGarrett Allen - Ludvika HF (Divison 2) 

G, Jonah Imoo - Manchester\Tulsa (ECHL), Utica\Ontario (AHL)

G, Jeremy Brodeur - Oshawa Generals (OHL)

DTyler Deresky - Bentley College (NCAA)

FTyler Van Kleef - Curry College (NCAA III)

Bolts 2017-18 Training Camp

Goalies : 

#1 Tanner Milliron

#35 Nick Kohn

Brendan Jensen (R)

Jonah Imoo

Jeremy Brodeur (R)

Defensemen :

Brandon Lubin 

#8 Cory Melkert 

#27 Frank Schumacher

Lee Christensen (R

Brendan Mitchell (R

#14 Vytal Cote

#6 Robbie Hall 

#2 Bo Driscoll

Tyler Deresky (R)

Forwards :

#17 Al Graves

#9 Nick D'Avolio

#19 Dave Williams

#21 John Scorcia

#26 Chase Nieuwendyk

#16 Mark Petaccio

#25 Tommy Fiorentino 

Dylan Clarke (V- 298)

Jackson Leef (R)

Brandon Wahlin (R)

Mike Kelly (R)

Derek Gingera

Mike Fazio (R)

Melvin Nichols

#28 Ryan Patsch

Garrett Allen 

#7 Justin MacDonald (- 309)

Tyler Van Kleef (R)

Links

Lubin, Melkert, Graves, D'Avolio - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_487767

Milliron, Williams, Scorcia, Schumacher - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_489050

Nieuwendyk, Petaccio, Fiorentino - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_490605

Clarke - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_491461

Leef, Wahlin, Kelly - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_491884

Kohn, Gingera - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_492079

Christensen, Mitchell - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_492383

Cote, Hall - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/view/evansville/news-1/news_492619

Jensen, Fazio, Nichols - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/news/news/index.html?article_id=195

Patsch, Driscoll - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/news/news/?article_id=196

Allen - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/news/news/?article_id=198

Imoo - http://evansvillethunderbolts.com/news/news/?article_id=201

MacDonald, Brodeur, Deresky, Van Kleef - http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/thunderbolts-add-macdonald-three-others/n-5279334

• Like 1

Awards

Dylan Clarke is an exciting add for the team. Back in his ECHL prime with the Icemen he put up 49 points in 50 games for the 2012-2013 season. He wasn't as productive last year on a bad Indy Fuel squad, but he should be a strong, experienced add to the offense.

And thanks to  Marksmen119 for the detailed post!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShaunS said:

Dylan Clarke is an exciting add for the team. Back in his ECHL prime with the Icemen he put up 49 points in 50 games for the 2012-2013 season. He wasn't as productive last year on a bad Indy Fuel squad, but he should be a strong, experienced add to the offense.

And thanks to  Marksmen119 for the detailed post!

You're welcome. I got tired of posting the signings as seperate threads. 

Awards

Evansville, Ind - Evansville Thunderbolts Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Jeff Pyle has signed two more players from last season's roster. Robbie Hall and Vytal Cote both skated for the Thunderbolts in its inaugural season and look to lace up once again when Evansville hits the ice on Saturday, Oct. 21 for the 2017-18 home opener. ... - SPHL Evansville Thunderbolts

View the full article

Awards

Bo Driscoll and Ryan Patsch signed to pre-season roster.

Finished the season great last year playing forward for us and was a big reason the third line was so effective. His work ethic and attitude are contagious and his leadership is valuable in the locker room.

I can appreciate that Bo had 2 assists in the last 3 games. It's just hard to reconcile the idea that one of the worst hockey players I've ever seen is that valuable. Sorry for the hate Bo :(

5 hours ago, ShaunS said:

I can appreciate that Bo had 2 assists in the last 3 games. It's just hard to reconcile the idea that one of the worst hockey players I've ever seen is that valuable. Sorry for the hate Bo :(

Beat you to it. :2thumbsup:

• Like 1

Awards

4 hours ago, ShaunS said:

3 hours ago, Marksmen119 said:

Beat you to it.

Where? Looks like ShaunS posted an hour before you did. And if it makes you feel good about beating others to the 1st post, so be it.

46 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Where? Looks like ShaunS posted an hour before you did. And if it makes you feel good about beating others to the 1st post, so be it.

I make roster updates as "soon" as the announcements hit social media. I saw his comment after it was 30-40 mins old, which was about another 30 mins or so after I updated. Here is proof, if its needed. At this time his comment is 4 hrs old.

Screenshot_2017-09-21-17-10-14.png

Awards

Marksmen119 is doing a phenomenal job of updating the roster changes, and I sincerely appreciate the help.

Melky's got the size and possibly the skill to be a quality ECHL defensemen, so it wouldn't shock me if he stays up.

New signee Garrett Allen on the other hand is cut more in the mold of Bo Driscoll at 5'9 160lbs. Not that it means he can't be a valuable contributor. One of my favorite scorers on the Icemen was Tyson Fawcett, and he's listed at 5'7 (I always wondered if that was skates on...). Tyson recently re-signed with the Komets in the ECHL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaunS said:

Marksmen119 is doing a phenomenal job of updating the roster changes, and I sincerely appreciate the help.

Melky's got the size and possibly the skill to be a quality ECHL defensemen, so it wouldn't shock me if he stays up.

New signee Garrett Allen on the other hand is cut more in the mold of Bo Driscoll at 5'9 160lbs. Not that it means he can't be a valuable contributor. One of my favorite scorers on the Icemen was Tyson Fawcett, and he's listed at 5'7 (I always wondered if that was skates on...). Tyson recently re-signed with the Komets in the ECHL.

Thank you for the kind words. With it so close to Oct, (I work seasonal jobs, March-Aug and late Sept - Thanksgiving mostly) I have to do updates when I can. Sometimes after I get off work. Starting next week we will probably be more busy. I just can't wait til Oct 27 for our 1st home game. I'm ready for some hockey.

Awards

Evansville, Ind: Evansville Thunderbolts Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations JeffPyle has signed another forward out of UMass-Dartmouth to ... - SPHL Evansville Thunderbolts

View the full article

Awards

Bo Driscoll got a tryout with Adirondack today. I'm really hoping they like what they see. He deserves some time away from EVV.

In related news Melkert and Hall were released from their tryouts yesterday. Hope to see them back in Evansville on opening day.

Edit: Marksman taking care of everything made me lazy, and now I'm missing bunnies :). On Oct 4th Cote and Williams were also released by Wichita.

Here's a quick rundown of the people still in the ECHL camps that I saw

Driscoll (Adirondack)

Petaccio (Adirondack)

Fiorentino (Allen)

Fawcett (Fort Wayne) - I know he's not coming down to EVV, but I can dream :(

McKay (Greenville)

Elmes (Rapid City)

Graves (Reading)

MacDonald (Worcester)

Thunderbolts' Roster Represented at ECHL Camps

by Megan Thompson - Ch. 14 News

EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE) - Evansville Thunderbolts have 16 players participating at various ECHL training camps this week.

Players participated in camps for Wichita Thunder, Atlanta Gladiators, Jacksonville Icemen, Reading Royals, Toledo Walleyes, Cincinnati Cyclones, Brampton Beast, Adirondack Thunder, Greenville Swamp Rabbits and Rapid City Rush.

“It’s great to have our organization represented by so many players,” said Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Jeff Pyle.  “This is an opportunity for these kids to go to camp, fight for a spot, see where they stand and see how they measure up.  Then if they come to us they know what they have to do to move up and they must be able to apply it.  What a great experience for these players.  Sixteen (16) players went to 10 different teams, which gives our players more opportunities for call ups.  I’m looking forward to seeing how they do.”

October’s remaining training camp roster is made up of Dylan Clarke, Chase Nieuwendyk, Nick D’Avolio, Nick Kohn, Derek Gingera, Brandon Wahlin, Mike Kelly, Mike Fazio, Melvin Nichols, Bo Driscoll, Ryan Patsch and Garrett Allen.

The Thunderbolts’ 2017-18 season opens at home on Saturday, Oct. 21, when Evansville takes on visiting Peoria Rivermen.

Training camp for this upcoming season begins next week.

Courtesy: Thunderbolts Media Relations.

Player

ECHL Camp

Dave Williams

Wichita

Tommy Fiorentino

Atlanta

Lee Christensen

Jacksonville

Brendan Mitchell

Jacksonville

Al Graves

Reading

Frank Schumacher

Toldeo

Vytal Cote

Wichita

Cory Melkert

Cincinnati

Brandon Lubin

Brampton

Robbie Hall

Brampton

Mark Petaccio

Adirondack

John Scorcia

Toledo

Jackson Leef

Brampton

Brendan Jensen

Jacksonville

Bolts signed Jonah Imoo into their training camp. The goalie spent most of his time in the ECHL last year, but had a couple AHL games in the books too. He went 7-4-2 with Manchester. Looks like a promising talent.

http://thesphl.com/view/thesphl/news/news_494057

Just writing out a few more of the ECHL updates here:

Fiorentino, Graves, and Lubin released on Saturday.

Scorcia and Schumacher released on Sunday. Worth noting that Justin MacDonald was also released on Sunday. Not sure if there's any chance he's making his way back to Evansville, but he's not restricted.

• Like 1

Petaccio released today.

It appears Elmes has made the team in Rapid City, and McKay will also be staying with Greenville.

• Like 1

October 11, 2017 - Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) - Evansville Thunderbolts

News Release

Evansville, Ind, Evansville Thunderbolts Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Jeff Pyle has signed returning forward Justin MacDonald, goaltender Jeremy Brodeur, forward Tyler Van Kleef and defenseman Tyler Deresky to training camp. Evansville hits the ice on Saturday, Oct. 21 for the 2017-18 home opener against the Peoria Rivermen.

Justin MacDonald (forward) - At 6-foot-1, 190-pounds, MacDonald, a native of Newmarket, Ont., needs no introduction, as one of Evansville's more prolific offensive producers last season. He tallied 9 goals and 15 assists in 26 games with the Thunderbolts last season, while also playing 29 games in the ECHL last season - three with the Indy Fuel and 26 with the Cincinnati Cyclones.

Jeremy Brodeur (goaltender) - Brodeur is entering pro hockey following three seasons in the OHL with the Oshawa Generals, this past season posting a 33-14-2 record with a .916 save percentage. Brodeur is a native of Essex Fells, N.J. and measures 6-foot-1, 186-pounds.

Tyler Deresky (defense) - Another New Jersey native from the town of Flemington, the 6-foot, 200-pound defender spent the past four seasons with Bentley University, scoring 14 goals, 20 assists and 34 points in 131 games. Prior to Bentley, Deresky spent time in the USHL with Lincoln and Des Moines, as well as the NAHL, with Amarillo.

Tyler Van Kleef (forward) - Van Kleef, who is from Dundas, Ont., comes to Evansville following a four-year run at Curry College, the last season being his best, posting 30 points in 26 games, including 15 goals. Van Kleef concluded this performance with a one-game debut in the ECHL with the South Carolina Stingrays. Tyler measures at 6- foot, 180-pounds.

These four additions join a tremendous lineup for Thunderbolts training camp, which includes Garrett Allen, Dylan Clarke, Vytal Cote, Nick D'Avolio, Mike Fazio, Tommy Fiorentino, Derek Gingera, Al Graves, Rob Hall, Jonah Imoo, Brendan Jensen, Nick Kohn, Mike Kelly, Brandon Lubin, Cory Melkert, Melvin Nichols, Chase Nieuwendyk, Ryan Patsch, Mark Petaccio, John Scorcia, Brandon Wahlin, and Dave Williams. ...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Thanks

Awards

Elmes makes opening night roster.

Screenshot_2017-10-12-22-06-25.png

Awards

Austin McKay placed on reserve in Greenville.

Screenshot_2017-10-12-22-13-52.png

Awards