Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
antman

Bonar traded to Pensacola

10 posts in this topic

rights to Sean, traded for Massimo Lammachia and Brad Bourke according to Marksman website, my question is this, It seems like we are assembling a lot of castoffs from other teams, I hope this is not the case and in a month or so we will see, hate to see Sean go, maybe he will end up in a higher league, what do you guys think of this. SMH

Awards

I think Pensacola's coach likely has more insight, and Fayetteville is not willing to risk having nothing remaining from a situation they cannot control or probably understand with their connections to the player.  I guess it could be the other way around, however, if the Fayetteville coach is well connected with Bonar's ECHL coach.

It's hard to get equal value for the reigning MVP in goal. 

I'm not familiar with Lammachia, but his stats look very good. That's important because Brad Bourke is a reliable player, but he's not what I'd consider a difference maker.

I suspect PEN may be willing to risk not having him for the relative cost surrendered in those guys. 

I'm not liking this trade. This possibly tells me that the Marksmen does not have enough players for camp to compete for positions. I hope Bones finds a permanent roster spot in the ECHL

Awards

Marksmen press release, for general reference ...

Marksmen Add Experience in Two-for-One Trade

Fayetteville, N.C-  The Fayetteville Marksmen on Friday announced the acquisition of center Massimo Lammachia and the rights to defensemen Brad Bourke from the Pensacola Ice Flyers, in exchange for the rights to goalie Sean Bonar.

“Our decision to move Sean was not easy, nor was it taken lightly,” Head Coach Nick Mazzolini said. “He was a big reason why the team had success on the ice last season. By us acquiring offensive fire power, both up front and on our blue line, we feel we are a more well-rounded team.” ...

Read more at: http://marksmenhockey.com/news/marksmen-add-experience-in-two-for-one-trade/

• Like 1

This is a GREAT trade for several reasons! I just wish the social media & press release had LAMACCHIA'S last name spelled right.

• Like 1

Awards

21 minutes ago, MarksmenArtist said:

This is a GREAT trade for several reasons! I just wish the social media & press release had LAMACCHIA'S last name spelled right.

At least they got "Mazzolini" right.  I'm sure I would've inserted another L in there somewhere.

• Haha 1

I think this is a great trade for Fayetteville. I think Bonar has a great chance of sticking in the ECHL and you got two quality players for him. I think you'll love Massimo.

Edited by Roanokehockey
  • Like 2

Awards

15 minutes ago, Roanokehockey said:

I think this is a great trade for Fayetteville. I think Bonar has a great chance of sticking in the ECHL and you got two quality players for him. I think you'll love Massimo.

Can't wait to see him play!

• Like 2

Awards

I hope Lammachia is a good fit for the team. Good trade for me.