Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

Rumor: UHL Returns For 2018\19 Season

https://www.unitedhockeyleague.com/blog/2017/7/7/uhl-returns-for-2018-2019-season

The United Hockey League, LLC is proud to announce that the once popular United Hockey League (UHL) will return to the ice for the 2018-2019 hockey season.

The United Hockey League (UHL), originally known as the Colonial Hockey League from 1991 to 1997 and last known as the International Hockey League from 2007 to 2010, was a low-level minor professional ice hockey league, with teams in the United States and Canada.

The league was headquartered in Rochester, Michigan, and in its last year, consisted of seven teams.

For more info click link.

The LLC is reported to be registered to Joe Pace, Sr., who is the current head coach of the Port Huron Prowlers.  FHL 2.0 ... move along, nothing to see here.

So, Pace is in charge of one of 3 teams owned by the same person. I think we can read between the lines. 

1 hour ago, TimO said:

So, Pace is in charge of one of 3 teams owned by the same person. I think we can read between the lines. 

Sounds familiar...

Oh... doesn't the logo look familiar???

90f1dc9d12b1243dd2b213be99c6acb1.gif

1280px-Southern_Professional_Hockey_Leag

If I were Combs I'd be looking at some attorneys for this. Same colors, schema... people will think we're affiliated with one another.

Wonder if big Dick Brasshole will have anything to do with it...

35 minutes ago, Speedracer said:

Sounds familiar...

Oh... doesn't the logo look familiar???

90f1dc9d12b1243dd2b213be99c6acb1.gif

... If I were Combs I'd be looking at some attorneys for this. Same colors, schema... people will think we're affiliated with one another. ...

Looks to me more like it was purchased off the internet for a bag of used pucks & a two-dollar beer (no refills).  Fidel Jenkins would be proud.  :drama:

That's the same logo the UHL was using when they switched to the IHL name.

I don't recall that logo being used. I of course try to forget the UHauL so that may be why.

It's obvious they went with the same graphics designer as what the SPHL used, and the SPHL used it first, so there's that.

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

The UHL, LLC website is now dead.  deaddeal.gif

It says its expired, just like the league has been.  That didn't take long!!!!

2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Maybe they decided to focus on their Unterkärntner Hockey Liga spinoff (does that logo look familiar, Speed?).  Or maybe they ran afoul of international trademark claims with the existence of Sweden's Universitetsligan hockey.  Or some combination of the two.

Its back up now.  Must have forgot to pay the bill.  Hope they run a hockey league better then a website.  You can be a charter member if you like:yikes:

https://www.unitedhockeyleague.com

I don't know.  I think it would best to give them the benefit of the doubt here.  If this truly is run by Joe Pace then we should just wait and see what happens.  Considering he runs the Port Huron Prowlers, which are actually pretty decent from what I understand, the jury's still out.  Now if we see Barry Soskin having any involvement, THEN we should press the panic button, but until then let's just see how this unfolds.

On 12/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, JMC-STL said:

Your patience is exceeded only by your naiveté, p3.  :xmas_rolleyes:

What am I missing? Care to elaborate?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, p3tra said:

... If this truly is run by Joe Pace then we should just wait and see what happens. ... Now if we see Barry Soskin having any involvement, THEN we should press the panic button, but until then let's just see how this unfolds.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:17 PM, JMC-STL said:

Your patience is exceeded only by your naiveté, p3.  :xmas_rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, p3tra said:

What am I missing? Care to elaborate?

Pace Sr. is merely a puppet for Soskin.  Barry's stank is all over this attempt to shed the FHL stigma and rebuild his hockey empire under a (formerly) more respectable name. Though since none of us have a choice but to wait 'n' see on this topic, that puts you in the better state of mind for the long silence.

Yes, it seems a bit weird to me.  If a league is to be starting up you would think to keep things fresh in people's minds.  Yet its been 2 or 3 months since you heard anything about the UHL.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, JMC-STL said:

cricket_1f997.png

What's the grasshopper for?

Did you mean to show a cricket?

b40ce6c1065eacbd0f30ec78cff09df2--html-g

31 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

What's the grasshopper for?

Did you mean to show a cricket?

You are a wise (Mac)guy, Grasshopper.  :disgust:

On 10/19/2017 at 12:56 PM, JMC-STL said:

Maybe they decided to focus on their Unterkärntner Hockey Liga spinoff (does that logo look familiar, Speed?).  Or maybe they ran afoul of international trademark claims with the existence of Sweden's Universitetsligan hockey.  Or some combination of the two.

Not sure why I didn't get a notification about this originally but damn!

image.png