Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Greg81102

Question, Maybe Someone Can Answer?

12 posts in this topic

Seen Fayetteville post that their training camp/practices is open to public.  Was wondering if hopefully anybody knows if your allowed to attend anything put on by Roanoke?  Any info and the scheduled times people can attend would be nice.  If not ill end up calling them or finding out somehow.

Awards

6 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Seen Fayetteville post that their training camp/practices is open to public.  Was wondering if hopefully anybody knows if your allowed to attend anything put on by Roanoke?  Any info and the scheduled times people can attend would be nice.  If not ill end up calling them or finding out somehow.

My suggestion would be to call the Dawgs and ask them. Much easier and more reliable that way.

Nothing indicating an "open" training camp on either the RYD Facebook page or their Twitter page.  Couldn't find any year-old news items indicating that fans were invited to the inaugural season camp either.  Gotta go with Sharkies' advice on this one.

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Nothing indicating an "open" training camp on either the RYD Facebook page or their Twitter page.  Couldn't find any year-old news items indicating that fans were invited to the inaugural season camp either.  Gotta go with Sharkies' advice on this one.

I know that we were invited to come watch it last year.  Just not sure if that has changed or just happened because we were a new team.  I know a few on here are pretty knowledgeable about the team and boosters.  Was hoping someone might have some info.  If not ill give them a call when they open up on Monday.  I dug this up from last years camp. http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Roanoke-Rail-Yard-Dawgs-hit-ice-for-first-training-camp-workout-396864971.html

Awards

1 minute ago, Greg81102 said:

I know that we were invited to come watch it last year.  Just not sure if that has changed or just happened because we were a new team.  I know a few on here are pretty knowledgeable about the team and boosters.  Was hoping someone might have some info.  If not ill give them a call when they open up on Monday.  I dug this up from last years camp. http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/Roanoke-Rail-Yard-Dawgs-hit-ice-for-first-training-camp-workout-396864971.html

Guess I shoulda turned to Page 2 of my Google search.  Good luck.

33 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Despite whether people on here are knowledgeable or not, the reason I suggested to call the team directly is due to the mere fact if nothing has been published by the team (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, local media, etc.), then anything you hear is mere hearsay. Some could assume they know but nothing to back the claim up source wise. I personally, rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

9 hours ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

... I personally, rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

So you're saying you don't trust the other parts of the horse that hang around here?  I resemble that.  :hmm:

3 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

So you're saying you don't trust the other parts of the horse that hang around here?  I resemble that.  :hmm:

Well, you know! :2thumbsup: :eyes:

Greg, I would greatly appreciate it if you could follow up here with whatever you find out.

Open to the public. Today was Noon-2PM....rest of weekday camp practices will be 10AM-Noon

• Thanks 1

The Dawgs released their remaining practice schedule today. From their press release:

The Rail Yard Dawgs will not practice on Sunday but will return to the ice for practice on Monday at 10 AM. All training camp practices are open to the public. Roanoke will finalize its opening night roster on Wednesday. The remaining training camp practice schedule is as follows:

Monday, October 16:  10 AM-12 PM, 2PM-4 PM

Tuesday, October 17: 10 AM-12PM, 2 PM-4 PM

Wednesday, October 18: 10 AM-12 PM

• Thanks 1

Awards