Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Familiarity breeds excitement as Bes, Ice Flyers begin new era [video]

2 posts in this topic

Familiarity breeds excitement as Bes, Ice Flyers begin new era

By Bill Vilona - News Journal

His head coach's office inside the Pensacola Bay Center is the same one Jeff Bes walked past all those years with a visiting team.

These days, that familiarity with the building, rink and this community have meshed with added adrenaline as the Ice Flyers begin preseason training camp Wednesday with Bes leading the way. 

"It is like coming home," said Bes, who played for the Pensacola Ice Pilots during the 2000-01 season. "It has always been kind of that way, even though it has been on the visiting side.

"I enjoyed my time here so much with the Ice Pilots, and we when were under the same ownership (with former Mississippi Surge) with Tim Kerr. 

"I am so happy to be on this side. It could not have worked out any better and I am really excited about the opportunity."

Read more at: http://www.pnj.com/story/sports/2017/10/10/familiarity-breeds-excitement-bes-ice-flyers-begin-new-era/749285001/

from PNJ.com

The Pensacola Ice Flyers and Head Coach Jeff Bes announced their 2017-18 training camp roster.

The following players will be competing in the training camp. Forwards Martin Gruse, Brendan Gulka, , Stephen Hrehoriak, Jeremy Johnson, Robert Lepine, Garrett Milan, Shayne Morrissey, , Daniel Tedesco, Mitch Vandergunst., Jessyko Bernard, Corbin Chapman, and Josh Cousineau, Defensemen Ryan Ruikka, Anthony Calabrese, Nathan Bruyere, Mike Baker, Mark Esshaki Kyle Haines, Glenn Patterson and Brandon Parrone, and goalie Gregg Dodds, ,