Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Havoc Captain announced

2 posts in this topic

11-year-old returns as Huntsville Havoc Captain

By Jerry Hayes - WHNT - Ch 19

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - On the ice, hockey players are some of the toughest guys you'll ever see. But we found one whose toughness is pretty impressive when he's not suited up.

Jacob Brown put his first pair of hockey skates on when he was four. He started playing the next year. “It’s exciting because not a lot of people can skate,” the 11-year-old said. “And I’m excited that I have this talent.”

Huntsville Havoc Coach Glen Detulleo saw Jacob’s talent. “Right away, I knew he was the right guy.” Detulleo said. He was looking for someone to lead the Havoc Hockey team for the 2016-2017 season. “We were excited last year when we got to name him Captain and he did a tremendous job for us,” the coach said. Jacob remembers telling me “It was pretty awesome.”

Jacob will be there to lead the boys into battle for the first Havoc home game of the season, Friday November 3rd. The puck drops at 7 p.m. And he'll be sporting his bright red Mohawk haircut too. When he found out his chemo treatments weren't going to cause him to lose his hair, he wanted to do something different. Jacob and his dad got matching haircuts at the Ronald McDonald House. It was free! Who's going to pass up an opportunity like that? And the red? That's for the Huntsville Havoc. You wear it well Jacob.

Read more at: http://whnt.com/2017/10/15/11-year-old-returns-as-huntsville-havoc-captain/

• Like 1

Hey Mac- I pulled a Marksmen3519 on you: in the "Preseason roster" thread, 

My goodness- I'm surprised someone hasn't posted this yet:

Havoc head coach Glenn Detulleo announced today the Havoc have re-signed captain Jacob Brown.

7511a9c4-1377-46e1-8d5a-c9e321bed7f6.jpg

"We're thrilled to have Jacob return for his second season with the Havoc," Detulleo said. "We look forward to Jacob wearing the "C" again and leading our team to another successful season. His toughness, attitude, and perseverance in the face of adversity were a great example for his teammates. If the players can follow in his footsteps, they'll have a great chance of winning a championship this season."

Jacob was diagnosed with leukemia at the end of April 2016. He currently receives treatments through the local St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. He is an avid Los Angeles Kings fan, will be with the team all season long, and is sure to get the true Havoc experience skating out with the team and signing autographs. 

"I am thankful and excited to be on the Huntsville Havoc team and lead them to victory," Brown said.
Edited September 26 by PlannedObsolescence
Edited by PlannedObsolescence