Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Greg81102

Been Waiting On This One

I thought we were going to make it without having to hear about this mess.  I don't agree with protesting during the national anthem, but its whoevers right to do so. Always thought politics should be out of sports. Seems they talk about this drama more then the sports now.  Leave it to Dave to have a story on it.  

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20171018/sphl-and-national-anthem-well-stand-proudly

It's a topic of national debate, with far-reaching implications AND recriminations.  Wouldn't you write about it if your were a beat writer?  It may just get Mr. Eminian more clicks than all of his articles published for the rest of the year combined.

35 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

It's a topic of national debate, with far-reaching implications AND recriminations.  Wouldn't you write about it if your were a beat writer?  It may just get Mr. Eminian more clicks than all of his articles published for the rest of the year combined.

Not if im going to share my thoughts on it and piss off half of my readers whichever side of the fence im on.  Look at the situation the NFL has on their hands.  Its a no win situation with whatever you do.

39 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

1 minute ago, Greg81102 said:

Not if im going to share my thoughts on it and piss off half of my readers whichever side of the fence im on.  Look at the situation the NFL has on their hands.  Its a no win situation with whatever you do.

The author of that particular article is a widely beloved member of the Peoria sports community.  So even though Peoria County is a left-leaning island surrounded by a sea of conservative Illinois counties, I doubt he'll lose much of his long-lived luster as a regional sports icon just for writing a click-bait story.  It's how the business runs.