Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

SJSharkies4ever

GDT: 10/21/2017 - Bulls 1 at RiverKings 3 - 7:00 PM CT

No real-time game posts possible, but I'll have photos to share from this game in a couple of days. Good luck to The Bulls.

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

No real-time game posts possible, but I'll have photos to share from this game in a couple of days. Good luck to The Bulls.

If there is no real-time scoring, I will post updates throughout the game. It is my mission to provide for the Bulls fans as much as possible. They deserve it after going so long without hockey.

• Thanks 1

I can't watch the game in my iPhone it says down load an adobe app but sill don't work

5 minutes ago, Bullsman said:

I can't watch the game in my iPhone it says down load an adobe app but sill don't work

That would be Adobe Flash. Install it and then restart your phone. That usually works for me.

Or, you can listen to the game via MRK audio here.

That's 7.99 I'll never see again. The adobe flash is not compatible with my iPhone or my android tablet and I do not have a laptop.

2 minutes ago, Bullsman said:

That's 7.99 I'll never see again. The adobe flash is not compatible with my iPhone or my android tablet and I do not have a laptop.

Actually, you can contact Neulion and tell them and have them refund the money. I did that when I bought a package last season to watch games, I believe for the playoffs, and I couldn't get the thing to work and they refunded my money.

Ok i will i did find alabama cable network has it on there webpage

• Thanks 1

My perspective from Section 118 right at center ice: The Bulls were competitive all night, but Memphis did a great job of keeping them on the periphery inside the Kings' blueline almost the entire night. Birmingham looked very organized with good speed out of their zone and thru neutral ice. But then they'd either have to dump & chase or carry the puck down the boards where they'd get squeezed. Memphis was simply superior defensively tonight.

For the Bulls, Mavric Parks definitely kept his team within striking distance with good positioning and rebound control. I thought Sean Gammage played the best overall game on defense, nothing fancy but steady & stayed cool while using his size to protect his goalie. Up front, I'd say Keegan Bruce & Andy Bathgate have the most promise.

Saw a couple of small groups of Bulls fans in attendance at Landers, wearing team gear. First time I'd seen the black & red road jerseys; my wife & I both thought they looked very sharp. How do I get me one of 'em for my collection?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

My perspective from Section 118 right at center ice: The Bulls were competitive all night, but Memphis did a great job of keeping them on the periphery inside the Kings' blueline almost the entire night. Birmingham looked very organized with good speed out of their zone and thru neutral ice. But then they'd either have to dump & chase or carry the puck down the boards where they'd get squeezed. Memphis was simply superior defensively tonight.

For the Bulls, Mavric Parks definitely kept his team within striking distance with good positioning and rebound control. I thought Sean Gammage played the best overall game on defense, nothing fancy but steady & stayed cool while using his size to protect his goalie. Up front, I'd say Keegan Bruce & Andy Bathgate have the most promise.

Saw a couple of small groups of Bulls fans in attendance at Landers, wearing team gear. First time I'd seen the black & red road jerseys; my wife & I both thought they looked very sharp. How do I get me one of 'em for my collection?

You can purchase online through their website.

Bulls Fan Shop

The specific jersey I believe you want are these: Black & Red Jersey

2 minutes ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

You can purchase online through their website.

Bulls Fan Shop

The specific jersey I believe you want are these: Black & Red Jersey

Yep, that's the one, thanks for the link. $120 for an unmarked replica is higher end for minor pro, but whatever the market will bear. Maybe Santa will read this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMC-STL said:

Yep, that's the one, thanks for the link. $120 for an unmarked replica is higher end for minor pro, but whatever the market will bear. Maybe Santa will read this.

LOL, Santa says you been naughty!!! You're welcome for the link!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Game photos as promised ...

Warmups

It feels to me that the rink is small. Does it seem small in person? I only ask because I've never been to a hockey game that was played in any arena under 15,000

The former home of the Greensboro Monarchs of the ECHL (1989-90 Riley Cup champions; inaugural season):

During basketball setup:

NCAA_Tournament_(3369506340).jpg

An overall view of the ice surface and seating @ Landers Center ...

Landers Center Ice & Seating 001.JPG

The only source I could find with ice surface dimensions reports approx. 184 feet by 85 feet.  The Landers Center website lists hockey seating capacity of 8,400, but I'm sure that includes lower bowl & upper deck.  The latter has been closed off during my three visits.

You need to make some hockey road trips to minor pro/junior arenas, Sharkies.  Landers seems far more spacious than many of the hockey arenas that Mrs. JMC 'n' me have visited.  "Intimacy" can be more than a feeling between two aging Midwesterners.  :inlove:

4 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

The only source I could find with ice surface dimensions reports approx. 184 feet by 85 feet.  The Landers Center website lists hockey seating capacity of 8,400, but I'm sure that includes lower bowl & upper deck.  The latter has been closed off during my three visits.

The ice is a full-size sheet, 200' by 85'. That 8,400 is including the upper bowl; it's closer to 5,300 with just the lower seating.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, YELDARBfield said:

The ice is a full-size sheet, 200' by 85'. That 8,400 is including the upper bowl; it's closer to 5,300 with just the lower seating.

Thanks for the correction on ice sheet size.  It always looked full size to me, but interior layouts & lighting can influence perceptions of the ice surface.  Speaking of lighting, the most recent arena lightning changes @ Landers are a VAST improvement over my first two visits.  :2thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

11 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Thanks for the correction on ice sheet size.  It always looked full size to me, but interior layouts & lighting can influence perceptions of the ice surface.  Speaking of lighting, the most recent arena lightning changes @ Landers are a VAST improvement over my first two visits.  :2thumbsup:

Like I said, I'm just use to full-sized arenas. The Greensboro Coliseum is a seating capacity of 23,500 ?(tied for the largest with the United Center), and if we put the rink in, the seating is 21,273 and is listed as a college arena on Wikipedia! :censore:

Aerial shot of the arena:

300px-GreensboroColiseumnasa.png 

1 hour ago, SJSharkies4ever said:

Landers actually looks really nice though

Exterior & interior photos from my three visits to Landers Center are at the top of the collection on my public Flickr page.  The lighting improvements within the arena space have done the place wonders.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:09 AM, SJSharkies4ever said:

It feels to me that the rink is small. Does it seem small in person? I only ask because I've never been to a hockey game that was played in any arena under 15,000

The former home of the Greensboro Monarchs of the ECHL (1989-90 Riley Cup champions; inaugural season):

During basketball setup:

NCAA_Tournament_(3369506340).jpg

That place looks like it could get LOUD if people actually went to a hockey game there.