Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Marksmen3519

SPHL Suspensions

21 posts in this topic

I thought Birmingham's Millen also got tagged for spearing in the Peoria game that same night.

27 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

I thought Birmingham's Millen also got tagged for spearing in the Peoria game that same night.

He did but by replay it looks like the peoria player sold it pretty well.  Probably didn't see a reason to give him a suspension.  Here is a good replay of it.  I havent seen the huntsville spearing replay.  If someone has id like to check it out.

Edited by Greg81102

Awards

2 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

He did but by replay it looks like the peoria player sold it pretty well.  Probably didn't see a reason to give him a suspension.  Here is a good replay of it.  I havent seen the huntsville spearing replay.  If someone has id like to check it out.

Millen's "spear" looks somewhat accidental to me- I just don't see him intentionally extending his stick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Millen's "spear" looks somewhat accidental to me- I just don't see him intentionally extending his stick

IMO, the part of the clip shot straight down the ice refutes the last part of your observation.  It seems to be either a typical chippy play after the whistle (reaction to an opposing player skating close to the crease), OR Witzel said something as he skated by & Millen only had a split second to respond.  Millen's stumble at the end while leaning over to pick up his stick appeared incidental to the friendly exchange, whatever the motives.

11 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

IMO, the part of the clip shot straight down the ice refutes the last part of your observation.  It seems to be either a typical chippy play after the whistle (reaction to an opposing player skating close to the crease), OR Witzel said something as he skated by & Millen only had a split second to respond.  Millen's stumble at the end while leaning over to pick up his stick appeared incidental to the friendly exchange, whatever the motives.

Image result for "we shall agree to disagree" images

I have to agree with PO on this one.  To me it looks like he just reacted to him coming in to the crease and stuck his stick out.  Dont believe it had any intent to injure.  Definately wasnt like the announcer called it "Witzel takes a huge hit to his midsection".  Plus it flew right out of Millin's hand after the contact with Witzel so really dont believe he had a good grip like you would need to have to be swinging on somebody.  Looked to me Witzel is in the wrong business and needs to become an actor. 

• Thanks 1

Awards

Hockey is a game.  Subtle stick play & drawing penalties are two of many games within that game.

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

Hockey is a game.  Subtle stick play & drawing penalties are two of many games within that game.

So is diving/embellishment.  Where was his penalty?

Awards

1 hour ago, JMC-STL said:

33 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

So is diving/embellishment.  Where was his penalty?

Now you know who won the games.

24 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

Now you know who won the games.

You need to stop slipping the refs all that money in between periods!!!!  lmao

Edited by Greg81102

Awards

Need to watch out.  They wont call that BS against Sean Bonar!!!! :yikes:

Awards

31 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Don't be so sure- after all, this is the SPHL with it's level of officiating :goof::yucky::bag::sick::hockeyref1::censore:

3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Most Bonar stories are embellished at least a little bit.

3 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Don't be so sure- after all, this is the SPHL with it's level of officiating ...

REALLY, Perfesser?  Your penance is to refrain from grammatical criticism for your next ten encounters on this Board.  Go, and sin no more.  :angel_not:

3 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

You need to stop slipping the refs all that money in between periods!!!!  lmao

That's why I prefer to follow Single-A hockey. The higher tier minor pro referees are WAY too greedy.  :scrooge:

22 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

REALLY, Perfesser?  Your penance is to refrain from grammatical criticism for your next ten encounters on this Board.  Go, and sin no more.  :angel_not:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa- I thought I'd removed the apostrophe before clicking the "submit reply" box.

7 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa- I thought I'd removed the apostrophe before clicking the "submit reply" box.

What's good for the gander ...  goose-smiley-emoticon.gif

34 minutes ago, JMC-STL said:

What's good for the gander ...  goose-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well, ex-"goose" me!

• Like 1