Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

AfghanPiehole

Jeff Bes Suspended Five Games

1 hour ago, MacGuy said:

So a rule is only a rule if it’s strictly enforced. Gotcha. 

I can't explain why the league didn't enforce the rule prior to this season. Nevertheless, as I've posted above, and even the great bearded one (as seen in the JMC-STL post directly above this one) have written, the rule has been enforced in Bes' case. "It is what it is."

P.S. I do think it's quite ironic that the violation was detected while his team was in Peoria. 

45 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

... P.S. I do think it's quite ironic that the violation was detected while his team was in Peoria. 

And I quote further ... "Conspiracy theorist?!"

3 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I do think it's quite ironic that the violation was detected while his team was in Peoria. 

Or not.

18 hours ago, Geoff said:

Trudel has a reputation and history of narcing on people.

A follow-up from Mr. Eminian ...

... BY THE BOOK: The SPHL was scheduled to have a conference call with its coaches on Monday to re-iterate its move in suspending Pensacola head coach Jeff Bes five games and issuing a fine last week for a roster violation. ...

“Last season teams had two or three guys staying in town, practicing every day, essentially being kept ready to play like a taxi squad although not under contract,” (Peoria head coach Jean-Guy) Trudel said. “There were teams who were keeping multiple players around ready to step in to fill for injuries or call-ups.

“We had a meeting over the summer to specifically address this, and rules were put into place. The league does not want the liability risk — if a player who is unsigned gets hurt in practice, he isn’t covered under the league’s insurance. ..."

Pensacola owner Greg Harris offered this in a social media post last week:

“Nothing serious happened in this situation. This past summer, the SPHL Board of Governors, which I and all team owners are a part of, put into place some new rules regarding teams that traveled with and practiced with players not under contract. Along with these new rules, a set length of suspension was determined. This past week, we had a new player join our team on the road and a new contract for him was not sent in to the league office on time. Someone reported this to the league office and the executive committee took the steps to suspend Jeff based on the violation of that rule.

“There was not any malicious intent to violate any league rules, as this was simply an honest mistake. ... (Bes) has taken full responsibility for this mistake, feels terrible that such a simple mistake happened and that he has let people down.” ...

Read more at: http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20171113/eminian-rivermen-road-officially-leads-to-late-owner-bruce-saurs

8 hours ago, hockeydoc said:

Somehow I will post the letter from the SPHL office- give me some time to work on it. Doc

I thought Bes had hacked your link trying to get his suspension reduced.

• Like 1