Jump to content

Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

  • Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here


Sign in to follow this  
dennis07

Ex FireAntz Bonar called to ECHL for 2nd time

Recommended Posts

11/13/17 Bonar gets the call to Atl of the ECHL.  He deserves a start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wins - Loses - OTL - SOL

Sean "Bones" Bonar is currently the best goalie on Atlanta's roster....his stats are better than both their goalies......he is 2-0-0-0, in 2 gp....4 GA, GAA - 2.00, SV % - .947

Dan Vladar is 4-2-1-0 in 7 gp....22 GA, GAA - 3.10, SV % - .906

Matt Ginn (currently on IR) is 2-3-0-1 in 6 gp....23 GA, GAA - 3.81, SV % - .889

 

Summary - ATL would be crazy to release Bonar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Wins - Loses - OTL - SOL

Sean "Bones" Bonar is currently the best goalie on Atlanta's roster....his stats are better than both their goalies......he is 2-0-0-0, in 2 gp....4 GA, GAA - 2.00, SV % - .947

Dan Vladar is 4-2-1-0 in 7 gp....22 GA, GAA - 3.10, SV % - .906

Matt Ginn (currently on IR) is 2-3-0-1 in 6 gp....23 GA, GAA - 3.81, SV % - .889

 

Summary - ATL would be crazy to release Bonar.

They wont give him an opportunity to have a win streak with him.  After first game they sent him back down to SPHL.  After second win he was the 1st star of game.  But yet again start other goalie and lose yesterday.  The other goalie must have a higher contract that they need to play him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

They wont give him an opportunity to have a win streak with him.  After first game they sent him back down to SPHL.  After second win he was the 1st star of game.  But yet again start other goalie and lose yesterday.  The other goalie must have a higher contract that they need to play him.

As soon as Ginn comes off IR, Bonar will be sent back down.....I for one am very surprised they don't put him on reserve to keep him (we all know Bonar wouldn't like being put on reserved).....also surprised no other team has called up Bonar when ATL sent him down. When they send him back down they aren't the only ECHL team allowed to call him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

They wont give him an opportunity to have a win streak with him.  After first game they sent him back down to SPHL.  After second win he was the 1st star of game.  But yet again start other goalie and lose yesterday.  The other goalie must have a higher contract that they need to play him.

I think particularly when it comes to goalies, the motive is developing a prospect. The NHL/AHL staff don't really care if that means the ECHL squad is getting the best guy to win that night.

The Vladar kid just turned 20, and he's put up good numbers in the AHL when he's played at the level. I'm sure he's there for the minutes.

Matt Ginn is a tougher puzzle. He doesn't have a higher contract that I'm aware of, so I don't think there'd be pressure from "up high" to play him. 

 

We are talking about some fairly small samples, and maybe there's something hiding there with the opponents. The only other reason I can imagine Bonar isn't booting the Ginn guy is that he's a known commodity. He's gotten time with at least 5 ECHL squads in the past few years, and his numbers weren't always great. 26 isn't retirement age for a goalie though (ask Matt Ginn), and I expect he'll have more chances soon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know what happened in Bonar's game today?  He gave up 2 goals off of 15 shots. They were up 3-2.  Did they pull him or was he injured?  Cant find anything on it in any recap.  Cant see why they would pull him leading in the game after winning his last 3 starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vladar actually started the game but was apparently run over by one of the Jacksonville players, Bonar played the 2nd and 3rd.

Edited by Onetimer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what he looked like after last nights game.  Guess it was only right to try to give him a night off. 

Who said goalies weren’t tough? Sean Bonar was an absolute warrior tonight in Jacksonville! https://t.co/FY1FlvNxu5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

Anybody know what happened in Bonar's game today?  He gave up 2 goals off of 15 shots. They were up 3-2.  Did they pull him or was he injured?  Cant find anything on it in any recap.  Cant see why they would pull him leading in the game after winning his last 3 starts.

 

17 minutes ago, Onetimer said:

Vladar actually started the game but was apparently run over by one of the Jacksonville players, Bonar played the 2nd and 3rd.

 

1 minute ago, Greg81102 said:

This is what he looked like after last nights game.  Guess it was only right to try to give him a night off. 

Who said goalies weren’t tough? Sean Bonar was an absolute warrior tonight in Jacksonville! https://t.co/FY1FlvNxu5

Bonar did play today.....ATL won 4-2....As "Onetimer" said, Bonar played 2nd and 3rd....Bonar was credited the win.....so Bonar is now 4-0, GAA - 1.91, SV % - .940

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too bad what is happening to Bonar in ATL. He was just put on reserve-- not because of his play but because of the numbers game. After Norfolk pulled their affiliation with Nashville and the AHL an affiliated Goalie was sent back to ATL to give them 4 goalies.

If ATL let's him go another ECHL team should snatch him up. If not it'll be back to PEN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones was starting goalie last night for ATL. At 1:11 of the second Greenville scored their 1st goal on the 16th shot.  At that point Bonar was removed. I can't find an account of the game to see if he was injured on the play.  Anyone know if he was injured or the coach just had a unusually quick hook?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

Bones was starting goalie last night for ATL. At 1:11 of the second Greenville scored their 1st goal on the 16th shot.  At that point Bonar was removed. I can't find an account of the game to see if he was injured on the play.  Anyone know if he was injured or the coach just had a unusually quick hook?

This Gwinnett Daily Post game report says: "Atlanta pulled starting goaltender Sean Bonar right after (Greenville's Evan) Jasper tied the game and sent in Dan Vladar, who was then beaten by Jasper at 16:52 of the second."  That doesn't specifically attribute the "pulled" to a coaching decision, but it's a pretty good bet since the Glads were starting to exhibit the pattern of first-goal-scored-then-blow-the-lead that occurred the night before in Greenville.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

This Gwinnett Daily Post game report says: "Atlanta pulled starting goaltender Sean Bonar right after (Greenville's Evan) Jasper tied the game and sent in Dan Vladar, who was then beaten by Jasper at 16:52 of the second."  That doesn't specifically attribute the "pulled" to a coaching decision, but it's a pretty good bet since the Glads were starting to exhibit the pattern of first-goal-scored-then-blow-the-lead that occurred the night before in Greenville.

I just saw in today's ECHL transactions that ATL has added a EBUG. Maybe something to an injury to Bones.  Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 10:51 AM, Make Marky GM said:

Bones was starting goalie last night for ATL. At 1:11 of the second Greenville scored their 1st goal on the 16th shot.  At that point Bonar was removed. I can't find an account of the game to see if he was injured on the play.  Anyone know if he was injured or the coach just had a unusually quick hook?

Wow, it has to be an injury.  Look at the Ebug they signed Greg Ozubko.  He is 54 years old. 

https://www.echl.com/stats/player/3960/44/greg-ozubko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones is back. He was in net for a 4-0 shutout of Norfolk Sat. night.  Sunday is a different story as Bones and ATL are down 3-0 early. 

Edited to add: Bones is now out with ATL down 4-0.  Go get em next time, Bones

Edited by Make Marky GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally looks like Bonar getting a fair shot in Atlanta now.  Vlader has been playing really well to.  Been rotating each game.  Tonight, Vlader got a 4-1 win against Jacksonville.  Curious with what they do next game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's getting a good run in the ECHL this season, but....I'm betting he will somehow...suddenly...get released and return to Pensy just in time to play against us in the 3-gamer vs. them at the Crown. And then...go right back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bones with the #1 Star and a 5-0 shut out last night. Someone mentioned in another thread the 5 starters for ATL were call-ups from Macon.  That's a gold star for the SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members
     
     

    No registered users viewing this page.

     
Premium Theme Designed By IBTheme.com

×