Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
Hawkeye34

Defensemen Love placed on waivers

3 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Down to 5 D-men. Wonder who has been signed for the weekend games?

I'm sure we will have someone in place before games this weekend. Ill hoping to see Thompson signed before the games too. :2thumbsup:

The name was familiar, and I see he played for both the Thunderbolts and Evansville Icemen briefly... 

Afraid I don't remember his play though, and I can normally remember the bad ones.

Once McCauley plays a game for the Marksmen, he'll have covered half of the current SPHL teams and hasn't played more than 12 games for any one team yet.  The stats indicate that he won't last more than a dozen games at best.  Being a defenseman and 6'2", 212 pounds, he should be a valuable commodity but he doesn't last very long with a single team and really doesn't tally very many PIMs. I'm not saying drop the gloves every game but he should be able to throw down from time to time.  

IMHO, not a good signing but maybe our Director of Hockey Ops knows something we don't but we've already seen the team assembled so far and the current results aren't very good.

Well I for one remember a goalie that had issues in the SPHL played for 2 different teams Now has a championship ring still a starting goalie and has his name on Lord Stanley's CUP so cut the guy some slack lets wait and see. If he doesn't pan out send him packing  but at least they are doing something

3 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Once McCauley plays a game for the Marksmen, he'll have covered half of the current SPHL teams and hasn't played more than 12 games for any one team yet.  The stats indicate that he won't last more than a dozen games at best.  Being a defenseman and 6'2", 212 pounds, he should be a valuable commodity but he doesn't last very long with a single team and really doesn't tally very many PIMs. I'm not saying drop the gloves every game but he should be able to throw down from time to time.  

IMHO, not a good signing but maybe our Director of Hockey Ops knows something we don't but we've already seen the team assembled so far and the current results aren't very good.

We have a rookie coach and director of operations who were former ECHL players. I'm giving this season to figure it out and hoping for better results next season. They may get it together this season but we'll see what happens.

4 hours ago, 72Vette said:

We have a rookie coach and director of operations who were former ECHL players. I'm giving this season to figure it out and hoping for better results next season. They may get it together this season but we'll see what happens.

I agree to a certain extent about giving them a chance but when we're paying more for tickets, I expect a better product in return at this point and we've had more than our share of rookie coaches who, well, enough said.

Edited by AfghanPiehole

5 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

I agree to a certain extent about giving them a chance but when we're paying more for tickets, I expect a better product in return at this point and we've had more than our share of rookie coaches who, well, enough said.

You're right about that but we did have one good rookie coach in Mark DiSantis.

Edited by 72Vette

18 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Knoxville is desperate for defensemen and just cut him to sign an unnecessary forward from free agent camp.  That should tell you his value.

• Thanks 1