Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

MacGuy

Ceglarski making his own name in the professional ranks

1 post in this topic

A hockey lifer: Byfield's Ceglarski making his own name in the professional ranks

By Marisa Ingemi - [Newburyport, MA] Daily News

One of Byfield’s own is finding success in the ranks of professional hockey.

Jack Ceglarski, a former star at Governor’s Academy, was named the Player of the Week in the Southern Professional Hockey League two weeks ago, highlighting his success at the pro level.

“It’s a really big learning curve, coming from college,” said Ceglarski, who played college hockey at SUNY-Geneseo. “The lifestyle is different on the rink and away. It’s your job now, and that’s it. There’s not a lot to balance like there is in college.”

With eight points over six games, Ceglarski has found a home with the Huntsville Havoc. A week ago, he scored two goals in a game to lead his club to an 8-3 victory, and he leads all rookies in scoring throughout the league.

Ceglarski, who played at Triton Middle School before playing for the Govs, didn’t imagine he’d have a chance to play at this level until he went to college.

“When I got to college, I fell in love with the sport again,” he said. “I had a really good career there. Made a lot of great friends and they and the coaches said why not give this a shot. I’m fortunate I can work to make a living in this, it’s a huge honor and humbling.”

Read more at: http://www.newburyportnews.com/sports/local_sports/a-hockey-lifer-byfield-s-ceglarski-making-his-own-name/article_18824057-2e5d-5318-8d4f-723c88f95417.html