Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
tmwrk7

Goodbye, David, We Hardly Knew Ye

Sometimes, being an SPHL fan, makes me feel like Dorothy in Oz- people come and go so quickly here.  

It happened again this week in Mississippi. Last night while looking at the game notes, I was surprised to see a new name listed as ‘interim’ GM. Gone was the name David Schmoll, just like that!   

How disrespectful to all involved. David’s been here since 2009 as an unpaid intern and done just about every job along the way. He worked hard to make the game experience better. He made a lot of friends in his time here. Now he’s gone- no good bye, no announcement, just gone. 

I think David deserved more. I know the fans do. Sad. 

WOW. First ive heard of this. I don't know the details so ill hold off on any remarks but whatever happened...this is a huge loss

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 8:34 PM, tmwrk7 said:

... Last night while looking at the game notes, I was surprised to see a new name listed as ‘interim’ GM. Gone was the name David Schmoll, just like that!    ...

Did the new name look at all familiar to you ... Mississippi RiverKings-Front Office?  I don't reckon we'll be getting any insider scoop on this move.  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, JMC-STL said:

Did the new name look at all familiar to you ... Mississippi RiverKings-Front Office?  I don't reckon we'll be getting any insider scoop on this move.  :whistle:

I think he designed the logo. Bradley Field is listed as the Interim GM, so who knows how long he will last. It’s the Kings front office saga, a cross between Oz & Wonderland. People come and go so quickly. And when the Red Queen says, “Off with their heads” you can be sure heads will roll. 

Robin Grindstaff Costa Hurdle,(re:Maddox  Foundation) is a very interesting story. The more you read, the more you discover. 

On 11/21/2017 at 7:53 PM, tmwrk7 said:

I think he designed the logo.

He did not.

Edited by YELDARBfield
  • Like 1