Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Sign in to follow this  
antman

Chock up another loss - 6 - 5

11 posts in this topic

The losing streak continues guys, did anyone see the game, pointstreak had DiSalvo giving up one goal and when the other goalie entered he gave up 5, how many games will be lost before someone says "Hey we don't have a goalie or a defense that is worth a crap. True early season games are not as important as a big finish in the middle or at the end of the season, but here's a scoop, hard core fans will always show up, but attendance will drop off if we keep losing game after game, after game. 4 goals in a six minute span, no excuse. Lets see some changes quick, before it is too late. One more road game on the trip, with Roanoke playing a little better, it don't look good. Get some players in here and not scrubs from other teams, it can be done, I check the transactions and Fayetteville has little or no changes to speak of while the other teams recognize problems and make changes to improve their clubs. Totally pitiful.

Awards

Not sure what happened to DiSalvo,but he didn’t even come back out after the first intermission.He was actually looking good in net.I believe if he stayed in the game the outcome would’ve been different

Awards

It's more a defense problem than goalie. It's to late in the season to pick up better players. We knew this was going to happen when coach was shopping for players in the FHL and picking up waivers from the SPHL. We have to hope our rookie coach will figure it out this season and hope things get better next season. You're absolutely right with attendance with us losing. I for one it's hard to watch this team lose game after game but will continue to support our team. Having hockey in Fayetteville is better than no hockey. Just ask Augusta, Columbus, Louisiana and Mississippi.

• Like 1

Awards

23 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

It's more a defense problem than goalie. It's to late in the season to pick up better players. We knew this was going to happen when coach was shopping for players in the FHL and picking up waivers from the SPHL. We have to hope our rookie coach will figure it out this season and hope things get better next season. You're absolutely right with attendance with us losing. I for one it's hard to watch this team lose game after game but will continue to support our team. Having hockey in Fayetteville is better than no hockey. Just ask Augusta, Columbus, Louisiana and Mississippi.

Thats what I kept telling people over the last 2 years......they didnt like that statement much.....

• Like 1

Awards

I will support this team till the end, and it is not too late to bring players in, the last few years we brought players in in Dec and January, other teams are doing this quite often. We had plenty of 3 game tryouts in the middle of the season for the last 10 years.

• Like 3

Awards

If we start scoring more goals than the other team and do that a lot, things will be fine.  If the other teams continue to score more goals than us, it could make for a very long, miserable season.  This is a season where we could really use a good team and ride the momentum of increased marketing and fan support.

• Like 1

Awards

10 hours ago, antman said:

I will support this team till the end, and it is not too late to bring players in, the last few years we brought players in in Dec and January, other teams are doing this quite often. We had plenty of 3 game tryouts in the middle of the season for the last 10 years.

A coach change might help when John Marks was hire we were looking shitting and he turn the team around.

Awards

1 hour ago, puckcounter said:

A coach change might help when John Marks was hire we were looking shitting and he turn the team around.

:eyes::wth:

• Haha 1

Awards

72Vette you made me laugh for 20 minutes when I saw that sign below the last post, I'm still laughing where did you get that one

Awards

19 hours ago, antman said:

72Vette you made me laugh for 20 minutes when I saw that sign below the last post, I'm still laughing where did you get that one

It's on the SPHL emoji message options. :)

Awards