Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Marksmen3519

2017-18 Marksmen Roster

35 posts in this topic

Awards

That looked like the Dawgs last year except your power play is too good.

Awards

Coach may have openly said the wrong thing about the games early season that doesn't mean anything. Winning games later and making the playoffs is what counts. He actually right. All pro teams have that theory. I'm giving him a chance to figure it out and let's see what happens in the playoffs. I've seen teams in this league who were towards the bottom of the playoffs make it deeper into the playoffs than those at the top. Just ask the Antz from last season.

Awards

2 hours ago, 72Vette said:

Coach may have openly said the wrong thing about the games early season that doesn't mean anything. Winning games later and making the playoffs is what counts. He actually right. All pro teams have that theory. I'm giving him a chance to figure it out and let's see what happens in the playoffs. I've seen teams in this league who were towards the bottom of the playoffs make it deeper into the playoffs than those at the top. Just ask the Antz from last season.

Or the Antz from 2012\13 season.

Awards

2 hours ago, 72Vette said:

He is right in a certain sense.  I agree you want to be playing your best hockey at the end of the season.  But stinking it up at the beginning of the season puts you in a hole.  Your goal is to get a good seed and have home ice advantage as far as you can throughout the playoffs.   I would much rather play 2 games on your home ice then 2 on the opposing city's.  The only x factor this year will be the new playoff system.  If your playing great in the end and have a huge streak to get one of the lower seeds, just maybe the better teams will skip over you.  I got a feeling the team thats unavailable to have a home game for a certain date is going to get picked on if possible.  But in no way would I say the first of the seasons games are meaningless.  They all add up the same way in the win and loss column.  How often you hear a coach winning at the beginning of the season say how meaningless the games they are playing are?

Edited by Greg81102

Awards

It looks as if the Marksmen will be heading into the weekend with only 15 skaters as opposed to the normal 17.  I agree with keeping 3 goalies for now because Zenzola needs another chance when they get the defense sorted out. 

Edited by dennis07

3 hours ago, dennis07 said:

It looks as if the Marksmen will be heading into the weekend with only 15 skaters as opposed to the normal 17....   Of course, it could be the new owner isn't thrilled about the addition of the 19th roster spot this year (higher costs) and he plans to go with 18 most of the time.

That's their problem, then; the whole concept of having a 19-man roster is to have enough players to dress when a player is ill or injured but not long enough to go on the IR. That's why there are less 3-game tryouts allotted to each team this season as well. 

Edited by PlannedObsolescence

2 hours ago, dennis07 said:

It looks as if the Marksmen will be heading into the weekend with only 15 skaters as opposed to the normal 17.  I agree with keeping 3 goalies for now because Zenzola needs another chance when they get the defense sorted out.  They could and hopefully will add a GOOD defenseman before the Turkey day game.  Of course, it could be the new owner isn't thrilled about the addition of the 19th roster spot this year (higher costs) and he plans to go with 18 most of the time.

I dont see why they would have cut Skudalski if they didnt already have a replacement for him.  Unless he got in trouble or they just decided to part ways.  You guys ever sign anybody for Robertson when he was called up?  We played a lot of games short last year but it was never because we cut one of our players without having a replacement.  It was either somebody getting hurt or a player got called up.  But now is not the time to be cutting defensemen.  You guys are short 1 or 2.  Evansville had a post where they were short.  Peoria posted they only had 4 in Dave's latest post.  Roanoke is short.  We already had defenseman Brian Rowland on the IR.  Then another Dman Sova got hurt and it didnt look good.  Then the same game Mueller got hurt and he was playing Forward and Defense.  Its crazy half the league is short dmen, yet Pensacola is still signing them with the additions of Alex Pompeo from Norfolk and Cody Castro who played with Mississippi last year.  Makes their total to 8 defensemen.  So either Pensacola grabbing them all up for some tradebait to find some more offense or they just collecting extra ones so nobody else can get to them.  But hopefully we will see some signings tomorrow or we both going to be playing short dmen.

Awards

1 hour ago, Greg81102 said:

I dont see why they would have cut Skudalski if they didnt already have a replacement for him.  Unless he got in trouble or they just decided to part ways.  You guys ever sign anybody for Robertson when he was called up?  We played a lot of games short last year but it was never because we cut one of our players without having a replacement.  It was either somebody getting hurt or a player got called up.  But now is not the time to be cutting defensemen.  You guys are short 1 or 2.  Evansville had a post where they were short.  Peoria posted they only had 4 in Dave's latest post.  Roanoke is short.  We already had defenseman Brian Rowland on the IR.  Then another Dman Sova got hurt and it didnt look good.  Then the same game Mueller got hurt and he was playing Forward and Defense.  Its crazy half the league is short dmen, yet Pensacola is still signing them with the additions of Alex Pompeo from Norfolk and Cody Castro who played with Mississippi last year.  Makes their total to 8 defensemen.  So either Pensacola grabbing them all up for some tradebait to find some more offense or they just collecting extra ones so nobody else can get to them.  But hopefully we will see some signings tomorrow or we both going to be playing short dmen.

We had 7 dmen, Robertson got called up and left us 6......then he got hurt and still in the ECHL. We cut Love, signed McCauley, now cut Skudalski (its about time).......so we have 5 at this point. Maybe coach will have someone signed by game time tomorrow. 

Awards

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

We had 7 dmen, Robertson got called up and left us 6......then he got hurt and still in the ECHL. We cut Love, signed McCauley, now cut Skudalski (its about time).......so we have 5 at this point. Maybe coach will have someone signed by game time tomorrow. 

:wth:. Marksmen.  I just checked transactions.  We switched defenseman Rowland from the 21 to the 30 day IR.  Defenseman Sova put on 21 day IR.  Then we waived another one of our defenseman Hickey.  Not sure why none of this was on the Dawgs social media or Dawgs Talk Blog.  They must think we dont need much defense against you guys.  We have to have some players coming, those moves leave us with 4 defensemen.  Cant believe you let those moves get passed me until 11pm.  We shall see tomorrow whats going on.

Awards

56 minutes ago, Greg81102 said:

:wth:. Marksmen.  I just checked transactions.  We switched defenseman Rowland from the 21 to the 30 day IR.  Defenseman Sova put on 21 day IR.  Then we waived another one of our defenseman Hickey.  Not sure why none of this was on the Dawgs social media or Dawgs Talk Blog.  They must think we dont need much defense against you guys.  We have to have some players coming, those moves leave us with 4 defensemen.  Cant believe you let those moves get passed me until 11pm.  We shall see tomorrow whats going on.

Maybe both coaches agreed to 4\5 dmen for both teams the whole game. Maybe there will be some signings tomorrow.

Awards

12 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

They must think we dont need much defense against you guys.  

:laughing:

11 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Maybe both coaches agreed to 4\5 dmen for both teams the whole game. 

The chances of that happening and Slim and None, and Slim just left town. :dreams:

Nov. 27 - Max Cook - loaned to ECHL Norfolk

• Like 1

Good luck to the newest Marksmen, Gavin Yates.  

At this point it's anybody's guess if the Oleg Shipitsyn signing will get announced-- again.

Former Marksmen PJ Hefferin and Taylor Love have signed with teams in the FHL.

Edited by dennis07

On 11/23/2017 at 6:03 PM, MarksmenArtist said:

Marksmen sign new defenseman, Oleg Shipitsyn. Good plus ratings & pretty steady stats. Looks like a good size guy.

http://marksmenhockey.com/news/marksmen-add-defenseman/

Another FHL player with no SPHL experience. We'll see what happens. For some reason, our organization seems to believe that the FHL is a development league for the SPHL.:eyes:

Ok, it took me all of 3mins to find a player from the E.

https://www.echl.com/stats/player/6979/44/kyle-dutra

Coach, give him all call.:disobedient:

Edited by 72Vette

Awards

11 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Another FHL player with no SPHL experience. We'll see what happens. For some reason, our organization seems to believe that the FHL is a development league for the SPHL.:eyes:

The Shipitsyn signing is on hold evidently. It was announced on the Marksmen web site last week and then quickly removed. His name was on the Marksmen roster for last week's games but he wasn't on the bench. The SPHL never announced it.  Shipitsyn was held out of his games last weekend by Danville.  On the podcast from Tuesday night Ben Garrod / Communications and Social Media Manager said that they would be announcing 2 signing Wednesday or Thursday.

With the player moves they are down to 17 on the roster.  They have 4 D-men listed. 

On 11/30/2017 at 1:44 PM, dennis07 said:

The Shipitsyn signing is on hold evidently. It was announced on the Marksmen web site last week and then quickly removed. His name was on the Marksmen roster for last week's games but he wasn't on the bench. The SPHL never announced it.  Shipitsyn was held out of his games last weekend by Danville.  On the podcast from Tuesday night Ben Garrod / Communications and Social Media Manager said that they would be announcing 2 signing Wednesday or Thursday.

Reason behind Oleg not playing was because he was a vet.....Hausy and Nails combined with Oleg would of put us over 1100 limit. 

Awards

12/12/17

Chris Stemke signed a 3 game tryout - he had been playing on the same team as new signee James (JT) Hall  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=323216

Conner Bates signed contract   http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=74070

By my count that is 20 names on the roster http://pointstreak.com/prostats/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=24908&seasonid=17323

Looks like your coach has a pipeline bringing them in from the northeast.  His old stomping grounds.

Awards

Yes. We will see what he can do.

Awards