Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Marksmen3519

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

269 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

It was both.....case closed.....move on....

Is that an "order " , sir ?????

Awards Earned

1 hour ago, robard said:

Why are people making the information out to be some big secret?

Funny who you run into at dinner on a Friday night in Roanoke. Robard, I think the answer to your question is no one here really knows. I did hear some funny stories. Nothing bad about the city. Nothing bad about the organization. Sounds like the fans treated him well. I see the video of that coach has been taken down. Now I gotta get back to the Dawgs. 2:30 to go.

1 minute ago, sportsdad said:

Funny who you run into at dinner on a Friday night in Roanoke. Robard, I think the answer to your question is no one here really knows. I did hear some funny stories. Nothing bad about the city. Nothing bad about the organization. Sounds like the fans treated him well. I see the video of that coach has been taken down. Now I gotta get back to the Dawgs. 2:30 to go.

That is all very confusing. 

14 minutes ago, sportsdad said:

Must be the video of Bierchen dancing on his desk to a Miley Cyrus song ......very professional............Glad to see a Roanoke win !!

Awards Earned

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, robard said:

Didn't he do a similar thing last year?

Last year Roanoke waived him in March. Season over.  He changed positions from a D-man to a forward and they decided to bring him back this year. And yes he is an almond farmer or more correctly it's the family business.  I wish him well.

Edited by Make Marky GM

3 minutes ago, dnf said:

Must be the video of Bierchen dancing on his desk to a Miley Cyrus song ......very professional............Glad to see a Roanoke win !!

I bet that went over big in a locker room full of guys with nothing but pride to play for. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Last year Roanoke waived him in March. Season over.  He changed positions from a D-man to a forward and they decided to bring him back this year. And yes he is an almond farmer or more correctly it's the family business.  I wish him well.

That’s what I was thinking. Seemed like a nice guy but if isn’t happy playing then I don’t blame him for leaving. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dnf said:

Is that an "order " , sir ?????

When "asking", not everyone says please.....but take the comment how you want :2thumbsup:......

The point of my comment is, a question was asked and correct answer provided. A second question was asked, second correct answered provided. The player made his bed, now has to lie in it......no need to dwell on something that can't be changed. 

• Like 1

Awards Earned

17 hours ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Ha-Ha!!!!   If there wasn't an SPHL rule that says anyone who has played a game or more in the NHL isn't allowed to play in the SPHL then I:d be all for it,

It's not in the rule book, but it is SPHL policy that anyone who has played even just 1 game in the NHL is not allowed to play in the SPHL; also, a player who's been in the AHL can play in the SPHL unless he's played more than a certain number of games (I don't know what that specific number is, though). Doc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards Earned

On 3/20/2018 at 12:31 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Its that special time of day everybody, I know all of you love it when I put in my 2 cents, lmao

If I remember correctly, from the Sin Bin, there is a certain date (Idk what date) a protected player has to be signed by to have his rights stay with the team the following season. (EX : Kalisz). He was protected by Pensacola and came to us this year.

No....looking at his stats it looks as if all he does is occupy a spot on the ice to keep the puck from exiting the zone.......and he couldnt do that often here. Just looked at his stats in the ECHL, 23 games...0 pts.....(-6). SPHL, 18 games.....2 goals, 4 assists....(-12)

I would probably protect some of the ECHL guys regardless if they come back to the SPHL or not. As for Jeke, read above. 

Russell does have speed and its very beneficial, but if he can't score then it's not worth much. Roanoke fans mentioned this to me before and I think that's why he was traded before. He doesn't deke the goalie and he is quick to shot mostly before he even gets to the middle of the face off circles.

I will agree in a "perfect world" to not protect Drobot and Mahoney....sign them as soon as FA opens. We dont have to worry about Drobot leaving Fay, I'm sure he doesn't want to play for anyone else. Maybe do protect if an expansion draft is looming. 

I'd put McNeil on my list, if he doesn't get any more points this season or contribute (checks\moving guys out the way), he is still a body that some team would want. Use for a trade if needed.

Fiorentino does have potential, and he did have 3 goals this past weekend, but prior to that, how long was it since his goal production. He needs to be consistent. Maybe he woke up this weekend and if he does show enough consistency I might put him on there. 

I see Spano as a good backup and he has his good games, but even with a bad defense eariler in the year he is only 3-18-0-1. The time he played the puck behind the net and threw it out to the other team, then decided his stick (which he lost) was more important than getting back in net and the other team scored on an empty-net goal sticks in my head. He makes me cringe when he leaves the crease as much as he does. Patterson is an ECHL talent goalie, unfortunately his (games played) time was when we had the most god awful defense.....it has gotten a little better since. 

Forwards

Hauswirth, Schiavo, McNeil, Hill, McCormick, Wood, Flaherty, Miglio* 

Defensemen

Campagna, Harris Jr, Bauer, Palmer

Goalies

Patterson

*Since Miglio was apart of the Klecha\Kalisz, Di Salvo trade, Klecha might of contacted Miglio and told him not to come here. If Miglio doesnt want to come here, use his rights and make a trade. I'm using a page out of Roanoke's book from last year as they did this with Jeke and Hosmer. If McNeil does well enough to stay, trade Miglio for a defenseman, sign Drobot\Mahoney in free agency. There you have 9 forwards, 5 defensemen and 1 goalie. If Mahoney doesn't work out bring back Cook. He didnt need protecting last year, I think we could have that happen again.

Since I commented this, DeBrincat has been a good addition. He shows speed and aggressiveness in the offensive zone. With some more time in the pros and touching up his skills (and hopefully some good family genes) he will be an asset for Fayetteville next year. I'd like to see him back.

Also, Fiorentino made his case to be protected a little bit stronger this passed weekend. He keeps it up, definitely drop Miglio and replace with him.

Awards Earned

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Since I commented this, DeBrincat has been a good addition. He shows speed and aggressiveness in the offensive zone. With some more time in the pros and touching up his skills (and hopefully some good family genes) he will be an asset for Fayetteville next year. I'd like to see him back.

Also, Fiorentino made his case to be protected a little bit stronger this passed weekend. He keeps it up, definitely drop Miglio and replace with him.

McNeil and Drobot needs to go start next year off new coach and team can not be no worse than this year team.

Awards Earned

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Since I commented this, DeBrincat has been a good addition. He shows speed and aggressiveness in the offensive zone. With some more time in the pros and touching up his skills (and hopefully some good family genes) he will be an asset for Fayetteville next year. I'd like to see him back.

Any updates on the Harris injury?  I can't believe the team let Cote get away with what he did even if it was a clean check into the boards (according to the ref).  Agree that DeBrincat looks as if he'll be a good pro.  I like Doyle also.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

3/31/18

And here's the answer to another Marksmen thread ("Tonight's game)

Fayetteville Mahoney, Thomas (C) signed amateur tryout

Mahoney is on his 3rd (I think 3rd) amateur tryout contract. He has been almost non-existent. He's a center with 6 games, 3 shots, no points, 2 PM and a -3 rating.  

Edited by Make Marky GM

40 minutes ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

4/4/18

Fayetteville Jeke, Travis (D) loaned to ECHL Jacksonville
Fayetteville DeBrincat, Andrew (D) loaned to ECHL South Carolina

Wonder if they'll sign anyone or skate with a healthy12 this weekend.  Not that it matters.

16 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

4/4/18

Fayetteville Jeke, Travis (D) loaned to ECHL Jacksonville
Fayetteville DeBrincat, Andrew (D) loaned to ECHL South Carolina

Dang!  They won't be playoff eligible now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Dang!  They won't be playoff eligible now.

Funny 

On 2/25/2018 at 7:46 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Feb. 25

Fayetteville Tsaruk, Denis (G) placed on waivers

Tsaruk was an EBUG and then an afterthought in goal for FAY.  He was picked up by ECHL Jacksonville after FAY released him and placed on reserve.  He was activated by Jacksonville from reserve today

3 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

Tsaruk was an EBUG and then an afterthought in goal for FAY.  He was picked up by ECHL Jacksonville after FAY released him and placed on reserve.  He was activated by Jacksonville from reserve today

Looks like he is playing bench wamer, like he did here....probably been on reserve (which is worse than "bench warmer"). Been on the roster since 3-15, guess with Sakellaropoulos being suspended (returning to Pensy) they finally giving Tsaruk a chance.

Screenshot_2018-04-05-20-51-23.png

Awards Earned

10 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Not that it matters this late in the season.....

https://www.echl.com/stats/transactions

Apr. 6

ECHL Transaction :

Nicholas Miglio was released from Colorado. 

It's a 15 hour drive from Loveland, Colorado to Evansville, Indiana and a 16 1/2 hour drive from Loveland to New Haven, Mississippi.  Hopefully the Marksmen will at least touch base with him and say don't even think about playing this weekend but tell him we'll see you in camp in the fall if a higher league doesn't work out.

It's a known fact that Miglio will never come to Fayetteville...and before anything asks, NO, that fact was NOT known when we originally got his rights from Peoria. Just sayin'.

Awards Earned