Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, MarksmenArtist said:

It's a known fact that Miglio will never come to Fayetteville...and before anything asks, NO, that fact was NOT known when we originally got his rights from Peoria. Just sayin'.

That's fine.  Fayetteville can still keep his rights. He either plays in another league or they can trade his rights for someone who isn't set on not playing in Fayetteville.  The worst thing Fayetteville Mgt. could do is to leave him off the protected list and let him become a free agent.  They should have never traded Klecha because you can't let players dictate where they will and wont play in the SP.

Edited by Make Marky GM

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

That's fine.  Fayetteville can still keep his rights. He either plays in another league or they can trade his rights for someone who isn't set on not playing in Fayetteville.  The worst thing Fayetteville Mgt. could do is to leave him off the protected list and let him become a free agent.  They should have never traded Klecha because you can't let players dictate where they will and wont play in the SP.

Fayetteville hasn't done too well on trades all season long .... Hopefully they will improve on that aspect also . Time will tell .

2 hours ago, dnf said:

Fayetteville hasn't done too well on trades all season long .... Hopefully they will improve on that aspect also . Time will tell .

Because we've had bad coaches making bad decisions.

:doh:

19 hours ago, 72Vette said:

Because we've had bad coaches making bad decisions.

:doh:

And who hires the coaches ?  Not wanting to single out anyone in the organization , it is a total package with a team from top to bottom and like I said , hopefully they will improve .....:doh:

Final Thoughts (Protected List) -

Totally spaced on me that we received Lamacchia's rights before the season started. His rights are more valuable than Miglio's as far as pt production. 

Miglio : http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=90292

Lamacchia : http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=47133

As I see it, there are two sides to protecting Lamacchia. Heads - turns out like Roanoke; Tails - turns out like Evansville. Rather his rights get traded or he plays with the Marksmen.

Roanoke made 2 seperate trades late last season, receiving Travis Jeke's rights from Knox (at the time on a call-up) and receiving Todd Hosmer's rights from MRK (decided to retire). They ended up protecting both last off-season. They ended up trading Jeke's rights to FAY for (D) Joe Sova. Hosmer stayed retired.

When Evansville had their expansion draft, FAY left Nick Lazorko unprotected. Evansville selected Lazorko and he decided to play the following season overseas. Even though the Bolts left him unprotected, Lazorko is now on Evansville's season\playoff roster. 

Protected List

Forwards

Hauswirth, Schiavo, McNeil, McCormick, Hill, Fiorentino, Lamacchia

Defensemen

Harris Jr, Campagna, DeBrincat, Palmer, Jeke

Goalies

Patterson

I'd change two or 3.but mostly agree.  The thing about McNeil is I believe they could leave him unprotected and still sign him as a free agent during camp. If he decided to play elsewhere (unlikely) then no huge loss. I'd like to see them protect DeBrincat & Wood.  I'm not a big fan of Bauer and Campagna.  Patterson would help but does he really want to play in the SP any longer?  I'm surprised there was no announcement on the status of Bierchen today.  I'd think an interim coach would no longer be needed once the season ended unless of course they have plans for him becoming permanent.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:24 PM, Make Marky GM said:

I'd change two or 3.but mostly agree.  The thing about McNeil is I believe they could leave him unprotected and still sign him as a free agent during camp. If he decided to play elsewhere (unlikely) then no huge loss. I'd like to see them protect DeBrincat & Wood.  I'm not a big fan of Bauer and Campagna.  Patterson would help but does he really want to play in the SP any longer?  I'm surprised there was no announcement on the status of Bierchen today.  I'd think an interim coach would no longer be needed once the season ended unless of course they have plans for him becoming permanent.

I probably agree on McNeil, though not really many choices other than Wood I guess to replace him with. With a possible expansion draft looming again Id have him on here. (Not all fans love Drobot, but his loyalty is here in Fay.....no need to protect someone who wont play anywhere else unless there is an expansion draft).

They will probably protect Spano or Halford, but Patterson, being an ECHL talent, holds more trade value. Spano is a very nice guy and plays well sometimes, but made a lot of costly mistakes. He could be a decent\good backup. Id love to see Halford back next season behind a good defense. 

I'm thinking trade bait, Jeke - yes.....McNeil maybe, hopefully owners see positives in him (27 pts this season for someone who averaged 15-20 when he use to be in FAY). If Patterson and Lamacchia say no, trade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Make Marky GM said:

You won't see any announcements on coach until they find a suitable replacement. And that is if they can find one willing to coach in Fayetteville. 

On 4/9/2018 at 8:43 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

I probably agree on McNeil, though not really many choices other than Wood I guess to replace him with. With a possible expansion draft looming again Id have him on here. (Not all fans love Drobot, but his loyalty is here in Fay.....no need to protect someone who wont play anywhere else unless there is an expansion draft).

They will probably protect Spano or Halford, but Patterson, being an ECHL talent, holds more trade value. Spano is a very nice guy and plays well sometimes, but made a lot of costly mistakes. He could be a decent\good backup. Id love to see Halford back next season behind a good defense. 

I'm thinking trade bait, Jeke - yes.....McNeil maybe, hopefully owners see positives in him (27 pts this season for someone who averaged 15-20 when he use to be in FAY). If Patterson and Lamacchia say no, trade.

The ways things are going for players from the SPHL playing in Europe, we may see Lamacchia back next season. For some reason, they are returning to the states after one season of playing in Europe.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Totally spaced on me that we received Lamacchia's rights before the season started. His rights are more valuable than Miglio's as far as pt production. 

As I see it, there are two sides to protecting Lamacchia. Heads - turns out like Roanoke; Tails - turns out like Evansville. Rather his rights get traded or he plays with the Marksmen.

Roanoke made 2 seperate trades late last season, receiving Travis Jeke's rights from Knox (at the time on a call-up) and receiving Todd Hosmer's rights from MRK (decided to retire). They ended up protecting both last off-season. They ended up trading Jeke's rights to FAY for (D) Joe Sova. Hosmer stayed retired.

When Evansville had their expansion draft, FAY left Nick Lazorko unprotected. Evansville selected Lazorko and he decided to play the following season overseas. Even though the Bolts left him unprotected, Lazorko is now on Evansville's season\playoff roster. 

Protected List

Forwards

Defensemen

Harris Jr, Campagna, DeBrincat, Palmer, Jeke

Goalies

Patterson

Cook?

1 hour ago, 72Vette said:

Cook?

We didnt protect him last time, dont think we need to this time......but we had two guys in training camp Mazz let go.....according to their stats, we need them back.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2018 at 8:24 PM, Make Marky GM said:

After thinking about it.....Even though DeBrincat may be in the ECHL next year.....4 assists in 5 games is good. I'd probably change Bauer (1 G, 4 A in 14 games) to DeBrincat. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/9/2018 at 8:05 PM, Marksmen3519 said:

Protected List

Forwards

Defensemen

Harris Jr, Campagna, DeBrincat, Palmer, Jeke

Goalies

Patterson

The following players are having their jersey's auctioned off this week at --https://marksmenjerseyauction.afrogs.org/#/browse/onlineItems/all/all/   DeBrincat, Spano, Jeke, Bauer, Greco, Drobot, Schiavo, Chaika, Harris and Leon.  Is there a connection between the auction and who will not be on the protected list?  DeBrincat, Schiavo and Harris can all play at the SPHL level. Another question would be why is the Walsh, Doyle, Mahoney and Halford jersey  not on the auction block?  They don't plan to protect those guys do they?  Edited to Add: When I looked at the auction web site 11 jersey were up for auction ( the 10 mentioned above and #14 no name). I guess it's possible they will add more jerseys later.

Edited by Make Marky GM

46 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

The following players are having their jersey's auctioned off this week at --https://marksmenjerseyauction.afrogs.org/#/browse/onlineItems/all/all/   DeBrincat, Spano, Jeke, Bauer, Greco, Drobot, Schiavo, Chaika, Harris and Leon.  Is there a connection between the auction and who will not be on the protected list?  DeBrincat, Schiavo and Harris can all play at the SPHL level. Another question would be why is the Walsh, Doyle, Mahoney and Halford jersey  not on the auction block?  They don't plan to protect those guys do they?  Edited to Add: When I looked at the auction web site 11 jersey were up for auction ( the 10 mentioned above and #14 no name). I guess it's possible they will add more jerseys later.

Check back throughout the day as we release more player jerseys up for auction!

45 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Check back throughout the day as we release more player jerseys up for auction!

I probably should get a twitter account! Thanks for the info.  I am somewhat relieved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make Marky GM said:

I probably should get a twitter account! Thanks for the info.  I am somewhat relieved.

No problem

19 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

I'm sure @hockeydoc could prescribe some medication so you would be totally relieved. :2thumbsup:

Sorry, I don't do telemedicine; I only treat ER patients and the Havoc team. Plus, many of those kinds of meds are OTC. Doc

Anyone have any revised ideas on the protected list now that it is known that  Quad City will be entering the league for next season? There will be an expansion draft I believe. 

3 hours ago, pitch01 said:

Anyone have any revised ideas on the protected list now that it is known that  Quad City will be entering the league for next season? There will be an expansion draft I believe. 

Very sure Drobot will be protected, and yes there will be a draft. Combs is waiting for QC to hire their coach for the season.

2 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Very sure Drobot will be protected, and yes there will be a draft. Combs is waiting for QC to hire their coach for the season.

Is Landmesser too entrenched in Memphis to move for an opportunity to continue coaching?  Would Ruskowski come to the SPHL for a retirement job after ridiculously being let go from ECHL Mallards?

Don't forget, as happened the last two years, all players eligible for the Mississippi RiverKings' protected list are also available for the draft.

19 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

Would Ruskowski come to the SPHL for a retirement job after ridiculously being let go from ECHL Mallards?

Why this phrase? What is so ridiculous about his situation? He has no team to coach since the Mallards are no longer in existence.

14 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Don't forget, as happened the last two years, all players eligible for the Mississippi RiverKings' protected list are also available for the draft.

Yes that's correct... But only aloud 2 in the 6 picks.....others will have to be added after draft selects are done. Can add more as FAs