Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

12 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Hence, the "also."

Yea, I knew this info.

14 minutes ago, MacGuy said:

Hence, the "also."

I'd be suprised if QC doesn't select (G) Green as one of thier picks. As for a #2 pick from MRK.....Marcuz, Bennett, Olivieri would be good.....I'd take Harrington...

Can any MS player negotiate with any team in the league before the draft or protected list?

30 minutes ago, 72Vette said:

Can any MS player negotiate with any team in the league before the draft or protected list?

No

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Very sure Drobot will be protected, and yes there will be a draft. Combs is waiting for QC to hire their coach for the season.

Why is Drobot going to be protected?  It's not like any other team is going to pick him up.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Why is Drobot going to be protected?  It's not like any other team is going to pick him up.

I'm sure every team wants an enforcer and leadership in the locker room.....not saying he would go in an expansion draft, but there's a possibility.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Why this phrase? What is so ridiculous about his situation? He has no team to coach since the Mallards are no longer in existence.

He was let go in the middle of the previous season.  He was a top notch AA minor league hockey coach.  Quad Cities fired him during a losing streak in the middle of the season that was mainly the result of a depleted roster from AHL call-ups.  I'm not sure if he remained in the area or not.  This would be nearly a year and a half later.  He would be about the best you could hire in the SPHL, and at his age, I could see him doing it as a sort of "retirement" job.  He would be difficult to beat in this league with his coaching and recruiting connections.

57 minutes ago, Carey Mahoney said:

He was let go in the middle of the previous season.  He was a top notch AA minor league hockey coach.  Quad Cities fired him during a losing streak in the middle of the season that was mainly the result of a depleted roster from AHL call-ups.  I'm not sure if he remained in the area or not.  This would be nearly a year and a half later.  He would be about the best you could hire in the SPHL, and at his age, I could see him doing it as a sort of "retirement" job.  He would be difficult to beat in this league with his coaching and recruiting connections.

Thanks for the response- clears it up.

2 hours ago, PlannedObsolescence said:

Thanks for the response- clears it up.

I did a bit of searching, and it appeared he intended to move back to Texas, where he had coached off an on for years and presumably still lived at times.  After his firing, it appears he mentioned wanting to coach again.  I'd be curious to see if he resurfaces.  I always hoped the Ice Bears would bring him back to Knoxville.