Welcome to SPHL Forums

Welcome to SPHL Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to other fans of the SPHL!
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

RapidFire19

2017-18 Marksmen Roster\Transactions

Spano released by ECHL today. No stats for his two week stint. Brampton to Roanoke is a 10 1/2 drive. Of course, it remains to be seen if he wants to return.

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

No Spano on today's transactions and tough little guy Jake Wood called up to the ECHL today.  Good luck Jake.

Edited to add: They snuck an additional transaction in between 4:30 and 5:30

Spano added to the roster

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 1

Something I missed over a week ago. Kent Patterson (G) was released on 1-5-18 from KC.....signed back on 1-12-18.....and released again from KC today, 1-20-18....

Screenshot_2018-01-20-22-35-14.png

Brampton had another opening at Goalie and decided to go a different direction than calling up Spano this time.  They claimed one off of ECHL waivers.  Also, good trade for Birmingham today.  We'll get to see him on Friday (that is if the ECHL doesn't come a calling for him). They acquired Barber (29 points in 29 games from Peoria and gave up a good one in Keegan Bruce.

Miglio is playing in the ECHL so that part is just a rights transfer.  To be trading DiSalvo they must have some idea that Patterson could be headed back.  Kalisz was somewhat of a disappointment this year, I thought.  I like the fact Esposito is willing to keep shaking things up.

Edited to add: My apologies to Mr. Kalisz. I did not know until I read the article in the paper about the trade that he has been recovering from knee surgery. That certainly explains a down turn in performance from last year. 

Edited by Make Marky GM
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Make Marky GM said:

Miglio is playing in the ECHL so that part is just a rights transfer.  

That would be correct. He is with Schiavo in KC.

16 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:
Fayetteville Tsaruk, Denis (G) added as emergency goaltender

This happened today too.

Not sure on this one.  He was backup in FHL for Phil for about a whole year and never played.

1 hour ago, Five Hole said:

Not sure on this one.  He was backup in FHL for Phil for about a whole year and never played.

Tsaruk will not see anytime in goal unless Spano gets injured during the game. According to Esposito Patterson will be back in 2 to 3 weeks once a non-hockey related hand injury heals. - from today's Fayetteville Observer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Added sometime last night or today to Feb. 8th transactions.....

Fayetteville Kravtchouk, Chris (D) placed on team suspension

Lol i wonder what this was for?  He was up one night at 3 in the morning trolling Rail Yard Dawgs facebook page before deleting it all after we released him and lost to Knoxville 10-0.

6 hours ago, Greg81102 said:

Lol i wonder what this was for?  He was up one night at 3 in the morning trolling Rail Yard Dawgs facebook page before deleting it all after we released him and lost to Knoxville 10-0.

I personally did not see him, but someone said he was at the Dawgs game last night.

7 hours ago, Roanokehockey said:

I personally did not see him, but someone said he was at the Dawgs game last night.

He was there I talked with him for a few seconds, just said hello and such. I just assumed he was on ir.

29 minutes ago, Marksmen3519 said:

Feb. 13

Fayetteville Henley, Troy (D) signed contract

Seems like a good signing.  Played time in the OHL so must have some skill and talent.  He's a rookie but should get a chance to get some decent ice time.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AfghanPiehole said:

Seems like a good signing.  Played time in the OHL so must have some skill and talent.  He's a rookie but should get a chance to get some decent ice time.  

Just turned 21. Probably a good idea to get them young and try to develop them.  I thought I heard from the FAY bench in the game against Macon Saturday while play was ongoing in the FAY end someone holler, "you can't lose your F' ing man.  Good for whoever hollered that.  I mean FAY gives up way too many easy chances when it is 5 on 5.